Kodi Community Forum
Animated Movie Posters - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Meta-Data provider and Artwork Packs (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=71)
+--- Thread: Animated Movie Posters (/showthread.php?tid=215727)

RE: Animated Movie Posters - P_Jamula - 2016-05-17

[/quote]

You can find the movie details in this json file: http://consiliumb.com/animatedgifs/movies.json

and all the .gifs: http://consiliumb.com/animatedgifs/

There is no website which displays them. The database is primarily used by apps (see my signature....and displays them) and the Skin Helper Service.

If you have found new ones please post them here so I can add them to the database.
[/quote]

1. how often is this database updated??
2. when the database is updated do the GIF's automatically come into my Kodi for films I already have? (I am using kodi 16.1, Win 10 and MADNOX)

RE: Animated Movie Posters - rschiks - 2016-05-17

(2016-05-17, 04:51)P_Jamula Wrote: 1. how often is this database updated??
2. when the database is updated do the GIF's automatically come into my Kodi for films I already have? (I am using kodi 16.1, Win 10 and MADNOX)

1. It really depends. Sometimes I do it every week. It all depends on how many new posters and backgrounds are available.
2. If a skin is using the Skin Helper Service (most do) and supports animated posters they are downloaded automatically.

RE: Animated Movie Posters - P_Jamula - 2016-05-17

(2016-05-17, 06:52)rschiks Wrote:
(2016-05-17, 04:51)P_Jamula Wrote: 1. how often is this database updated??

1. It really depends. Sometimes I do it every week. It all depends on how many new posters and backgrounds are available.
2. If a skin is using the Skin Helper Service (most do) and supports animated posters they are downloaded automatically.

thanks fort the response...
what I mean to ask is that if say I already have Transporter 3 loaded in my movies before the animated GIF was loaded in your database. will the new animated GIF show up automatically when I select the movie in KODI or I have to do something?

RE: Animated Movie Posters - Mike_Doc - 2016-05-17

Skin Helper only checks once at startup for new posters / backgrounds and should download any new ones rshicks adds. It does this for all films in your library that has a correct IMDB to find the artwork.

So it should show up automatically it Skin helper matches the film and downloads the artwork.

RE: Animated Movie Posters - P_Jamula - 2016-05-18

(2016-05-17, 14:23)Mike_Doc Wrote: Skin Helper only checks once at startup for new posters / backgrounds and should download any new ones rshicks adds. It does this for all films in your library that has a correct IMDB to find the artwork.

So it should show up automatically it Skin helper matches the film and downloads the artwork.

Oh great stuff...
thanks so much for clarifying this for me.

RE: Animated Movie Posters - P_Jamula - 2016-05-18

(2016-05-09, 22:48)_Andy_ Wrote: Hello

I have written a .NET download helper to access the database and download the gifs you want including a preview. Just download the zip http://ul.to/1hthbfnc extract to a folder.
All should be self explaining.
Big thx to CaptainKen for his suggestions and testing the app.

If you have suggestions leave me a message or PM.

you have put this on uploaded.com
it is difficult to get it from there. I cannot understand the language.
please load it on some site easier to access...
thanks...

RE: Animated Movie Posters - movie78 - 2016-05-24

RE: Animated Movie Posters - movie78 - 2016-05-24

X-men

RE: Animated Movie Posters - darknior - 2016-05-26

HELP please i really don't understand Huh
I can't see the animation on my GIF Sad

I have a recent Kodi version and an updated MQ6 Skin for Jarvis.
Whay does my GIF are not moving please ?

Thanks

RE: Animated Movie Posters - movie78 - 2016-05-26

(2016-05-26, 16:04)darknior Wrote: HELP please i really don't understand Huh
I can't see the animation on my GIF Sad

I have a recent Kodi version and an updated MQ6 Skin for Jarvis.
Why does my GIF are not moving please ?

Thanks

You need to use the MOD version of MQ6

RE: Animated Movie Posters - darknior - 2016-05-26

(2016-05-26, 16:47)movie78 Wrote: You need to use the MOD version of MQ6

It is what i'm using movie78 ... watch my screenshot please ...

KODI 16.1 01/05/2016
MQ 6.0.1 MOD - 15/02/2016 for Jarvis from the official GIT

It's why i don't understand what can i do to make it working fine ?
Thanks

RE: Animated Movie Posters - _Andy_ - 2016-05-26

If you have add the gifs manually to your skin you have to make sure the gifs are stored local. I don't know it's a bug or something else, if the gifs are stored on a network share (smb) you see the still image only.
If you want to use a network share substitute a drive letter to the network share and point to the drive letter. This works too.

If you use the skin helper service it should work out of the box. Maybe turn the debug log on and have a look into the log.

RE: Animated Movie Posters - movie78 - 2016-05-26

(2016-05-26, 19:20)_Andy_ Wrote: If you have add the gifs manually to your skin you have to make sure the gifs are stored local. I don't know it's a bug or something else, if the gifs are stored on a network share (smb) you see the still image only.
If you want to use a network share substitute a drive letter to the network share and point to the drive letter. This works too.

If you use the skin helper service it should work out of the box. Maybe turn the debug log on and have a look into the log.

Agreed........

RE: Animated Movie Posters - rickyman - 2016-05-27

does kodi 17 work with animated movie posters or not?

RE: Animated Movie Posters - Wanilton - 2016-05-27

Work fine 17 too.