Kodi Community Forum
Release Arctic: Zephyr - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=221)
+---- Thread: Release Arctic: Zephyr (/showthread.php?tid=217174)

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - magy77 - 2015-07-19

Now playing is not shown when you navigate threw the widget. Id like to see this threw the navigation too

And when the now playing layer is shown the weather is gone. Maybe you can show then the weather under the clock for this time

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - Guilouz - 2015-07-19

(2015-07-19, 02:54)Razze Wrote: Hey jurial,

thank you for the newest version of artic. Still an amazing skin.

Can you implement a fallback if the artist slideshow has no pictures to slide through? So it won't be black but show the album artwork or something like that?
If that something that has to be done by an addon, please let me know.

The black screen is given by the addon Artist Slideshow in ressources/black/black-hd.jpg.

You can replace it with another background for artist they have no slideshow.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - Gustovier - 2015-07-19

All,

When you you do fast forward/rewin skips I've noticed the Osd time bar doesn't advance to the point where the video would start playing while your skipping around. This makes it hard to figure out where in the show/movie you will end up. Is this maybe already built into the skin and I just have to turn it on?

Mine advance to the correct point when I do fast forward/rewin.

Image Image

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - Gustovier - 2015-07-19

Try not doing a fast forward but do multiple skips(say 30 min worth) and see if the pink advances to the correct spot in the time line

To clarify what should happen, when you do skip jumps the pink in your time bar should advance to point where the video should start. Then after a moment the video should start from the point in indicated by pink in your time line. Currently this does happen. An example could be seen in the xperience1080 skin

I just trying and all works fine...

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - im85288 - 2015-07-19

(2015-07-19, 19:51)Gustovier Wrote: All,

When you you do fast forward/rewin skips I've noticed the Osd time bar doesn't advance to the point where the video would start playing while your skipping around. This makes it hard to figure out where in the show/movie you will end up. Is this maybe already built into the skin and I just have to turn it on?

Are you using Kodi Isengard? It has changes included for adaptive seeking. I'm not sure if it's been added yet in this skin. I added it to my version about 6 weeks ago.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - Knight77 - 2015-07-19

(2015-07-19, 08:20)Knight77 Wrote: I know it sounds stupid...but Dark with dark dialogues and Dark with light dialogues looks the same to me. What is the difference? Or maybe the question is...what is intended as "dialogue"?

Guys any indication? So I understand if everything is fine...

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - jurialmunkey - 2015-07-20

(2015-07-13, 14:59)bigwillch Wrote:
(2015-07-05, 20:54)magy77 Wrote: i like to see a shadow behind the watched sign for better visibility.
I'd like it if the watched status was a bit more visible too. Maybe a white triangle in the top right corner under the tick?
Haven't found anything I like yet, but still trying a few things. If I come up with something I like I will add it Smile

(2015-07-13, 22:21)wagnumpi Wrote:
(2015-07-13, 20:42)wagnumpi Wrote: Hi Im using this skin with Isengaard and would like to use the these smart playlists mentioned as backgrounds for my home screen but can only see single image or multi image as options and any amount of reloading does nothing to the options?

Also, is their anyway to allow music playlists to start at startup with this skin as with these two things solved ive found my favourite new skin! Great work by the way Smile

Just wanted to point out ive just updated to the latest version of the skin and I can see my music playlists but no preloaded skin playlists when trying to select backgrounds. Can i acquire these from somewhere and if so where do they need to be put so I can select them?

Thank you in advance!
Isengard not supported yet. Skin is Helix only (most things work in Isengard though).
The smart playlists are in addons/skin.arctic.zephyr/extras/playlists

(2015-07-14, 18:00)Magic815 Wrote: The more I use this skin, the more I like it. A few small nits I've thought up as I've used the skin. Would love to hear some thoughts on them:

1. I've been liking the classic widget view in horizontal mode. I've noticed, however, that the name of the widgets (i.e 'In Theaters' or 'Popular Movies') is not displayed unless I press up into the widget itself. When I played around with the vertical mode, the name of the widget was viewable even when you weren't "in" the widget. Is there a way to get that sort of behavior in the horizontal condition? I found that going from 'classic' to 'normal' mode with the widget makes the name viewable as well, but then it only shows the first widget listing. I much prefer the longer list to be shown in the 'classic' view.

2. Is there any way to make the home menu text larger? I already have font set to 'large' in the settings, but I'd love to have the menu itself ('Movies,' 'TV Shows,' 'Settings,' 'Power,' etc.) shown a little bit bigger. By default it looks great as-is on my computer, but when I'm using Kodi on my big screen TV across the living room, it'd be nice to have the home menu options a little larger. Some sort of controllable slider/setting would be awesome.

That's pretty much all I can think of. Everything else seems perfect to me.
1. I've tried this before, but it was a real pain with the animations and I couldn't get anything that I liked. I may return to it eventually, but its not a priority.

2. You can edit the 1080i/Font.xml file and change the "Home" item to a larger point size.

(2015-07-16, 00:21)Namerp Wrote: could we get
SkinSettings.xml

@line 368
Code:
<label>$LOCALIZE[20342] [LOWERCASE]$LOCALIZE[31178][/LOWERCASE]</label>
<label>$LOCALIZE[20343] [LOWERCASE]$LOCALIZE[31178][/LOWERCASE]</label>

completely arctic localized ? at least at the german localisation it looks ugly like hell

Kodi local 20342 = Movies
Arctic local 31178 = Hub items
result is Movie hub items but at german we need Movie-Hub Items Huh

Will do Smile

(2015-07-16, 13:06)Sabish Wrote: Hi Jurial,

Excellent work on the new OSD ! Really cool ...

I have a little suggestion/question (forgive me if it has been asked before) : would it be possible to have an option to not show the watched indicator, and instead having an option to show a little icon only on the unwatched items (the one with the little blue star). I like this approach a lot better, as it doesn't "cripple" the skin with multiple litlle green checkmarks, wich is pretty much the only thing i dislike in the skin Wink

Hope you can take this into consideration, have a nice day Cool
Will add an option in when I get the chance. BTW, the blue star indicates that something has been recently added (not just unwatched).

(2015-07-19, 02:54)Razze Wrote: Hey jurial,

thank you for the newest version of artic. Still an amazing skin.

Can you implement a fallback if the artist slideshow has no pictures to slide through? So it won't be black but show the album artwork or something like that?
If that something that has to be done by an addon, please let me know.
Fallback to the album artwork isn't very nice because sometimes the resolution can be poor.

You can change Artist Slideshow settings in Settings > Addons > Enabled Addons > Programs > Artist Slideshow > Configure

In the addon settings you can set a fallback slideshow for when no images are available. There should also be an option to use both local and remote fanart images (and choose the priority of which is used first).

(2015-07-19, 08:20)Knight77 Wrote: I know it sounds stupid...but Dark with dark dialogues and Dark with light dialogues looks the same to me. What is the difference? Or maybe the question is...what is intended as "dialogue"?
Dialogs are things that pop up on the layer above the main layer -- things like: Context Menu, View Menu, Yes/No and Ok Dialogs, Progress Dialog, Select Dialog (used when choosing a skin for example), Skin Customisation Dialog, File Browser Dialogs, the dialogs on the OSD when click Audio/Video/Bookmarks etc.

I prefer Dark with Light Dialogs, but some people find that Light Dialogs are too bright and hard to read.

(2015-07-19, 18:32)magy77 Wrote: Now playing is not shown when you navigate threw the widget. Id like to see this threw the navigation too
Fixed on git.

(2015-07-19, 21:34)im85288 Wrote:
(2015-07-19, 19:51)Gustovier Wrote: All,

Are you using Kodi Isengard? It has changes included for adaptive seeking. I'm not sure if it's been added yet in this skin. I added it to my version about 6 weeks ago.
Yep Isengard isn't supported yet. Beginning work on Isengard support this week.. Smile

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - jurialmunkey - 2015-07-20

1.6.2 - Disc Art on Video Info

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - raumich - 2015-07-20

(2015-07-19, 10:42)bigwillch Wrote: The latest version of the skin is fantastic. Love the new info screen. Thank you so much.
Personally I don't like the info screen that much. I like the design and the layout but the most important button for me is the trailers button but you always have to scroll to it. In the old layout it was vissible all the time. I would love to see it without the need for scrolling.

I also liked with the old design that you saw the fanart as a picture and not (again) the cover. With the new design the fanart becomes a little bit unnecessary.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - bigwillch - 2015-07-20

(2015-07-20, 15:11)raumich Wrote:
(2015-07-19, 10:42)bigwillch Wrote: The latest version of the skin is fantastic. Love the new info screen. Thank you so much.
Personally I don't like the info screen that much. I like the design and the layout but the most important button for me is the trailers button but you always have to scroll to it. In the old layout it was vissible all the time. I would love to see it without the need for scrolling.

I also liked with the old design that you saw the fanart as a picture and not (again) the cover. With the new design the fanart becomes a little bit unnecessary.

Actually I do agree that the trailer button should be more prominent. Noticed that last night. Should be right next to the play button IMO.

Disagree re: fanart v cover. Can still see the fanart in the background where it gives a extra 'feel' for the film. The cover is one of the most important bits of info about a film so belongs where it is I think

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - TheGame1986 - 2015-07-21

Hey guys, I want to create a custom hub but can't find the info I need on doing so. I know it's been posted but I think 'hub' is too short a word to search, I'm not returning anything on it?

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - jurialmunkey - 2015-07-21

(2015-07-20, 15:11)raumich Wrote: Personally I don't like the info screen that much. I like the design and the layout but the most important button for me is the trailers button but you always have to scroll to it. In the old layout it was vissible all the time. I would love to see it without the need for scrolling.

Believe me , I debated for a long time on whether or not to use the poster for the very reason you mention. However, ultimately I decided that it was a moot point as there are also many views which do *not* show the poster (e.g. wide, banner wall, big wide, extra info, thumbnails) and in these views you would probably like to see the poster. Also if you use icons view you might want to see a bigger version of the poster. Additionally, by moving away from the dialog style allows for the fanart to be shown in the background anyway. I also made this decision so that I could match the extended info style with the normal info one as the poster is far more important there. Moreover, having this layout allows for much easier and straightforward navigation in extended info.

That being said, totally agree about the trailer button. Was just an oversight and is now fixed on git. Wink

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - wagnumpi - 2015-07-21

Thanks for the response Jurielmunkey, much appreciated Smile

As for the music playlists at startup, are you referring to that when saying Isengaard isnt supported yet or is this something the skin just wont be having? Apart from this feature which I love but most skins seem to be ignoring unfortunately for me, best skin out there Smile