Kodi Community Forum
Release Arctic: Zephyr - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=221)
+---- Thread: Release Arctic: Zephyr (/showthread.php?tid=217174)

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - rec0n - 2015-08-11

Jurialmunkey can you please contact me with a private message or through my email address : emre (at) xlat.net? This is about your eminence skin and its implementation on a platform. (I know this is not the ideal way to start the initial communication but the forum system does not let me to send private messages)

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - jmerrilljr - 2015-08-11

(2015-08-09, 22:02)omriamos Wrote: ^ Good question, I actually can't even find the "now playing" page....

Any one?

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - Citrus - 2015-08-11

(2015-08-11, 13:40)Iceman360 Wrote:
(2015-08-11, 04:44)Citrus Wrote: 1.) How can I change the widget layout to be like this Image?
Currently it only shows one movie at a time.
2) Why is the option "Only display widgets when pressing up" greyed out? I would like to turn this setting on.
3) How can I turn off the home screen up arrow menu showing Movie Spotlight, Recent Movies, etc...?
What skin is that?

It's the aeon nox 5 skin

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - ffratkin - 2015-08-11

(2015-08-10, 22:04)austrooper Wrote: Hi all,

I have 3 issues which I cant seem to figure out and was wondering if anyone could help.

1. I can seem to find a way to add TV recordings to the menu, the options seem to be missing

2. When you select record TV show, the options are blank. I have to switch to the default skin to seem them, e.g. repeat recording, delay etc

3. When selecting the epg is blank, but when you exit and go in again its there.

Thanks

I am having this same issue as well. Everything else seems to work fine, but when I select a program from the TV Guide and choose record I get a screen with 5 options, but no text (except for three which show this as a label: ?0? ).

Is there a fix for this that we know of?

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - TeflonDog - 2015-08-11

(2015-08-08, 01:42)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2015-08-07, 14:56)TeflonDog Wrote: How do I get the OSD back along the bottom? It's suddenly along the left-hand side in some vertical box. I looked in Settings and couldn't find anything.

Cheers
Revert to a previous version... Or you could get the relevant xml files from a previous version and overwrite them -
musicosd.xml
musicvisualisation.xml
Includes_osd.xml

So the screen location of the OSD is not an option? Is that going to be the case moving forward with all new versions? To be on the side like that?

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - patseguin - 2015-08-11

I hadn't even realized this was out until I saw the skin showcase on the main page. My new favorite skin, love it. I use the vertical menu because I think it is better for modern HDTV's. I don't think there is a single thing I don't like about this skin.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - Iceman360 - 2015-08-11

(2015-08-11, 16:34)Citrus Wrote:
(2015-08-11, 13:40)Iceman360 Wrote:
(2015-08-11, 04:44)Citrus Wrote: 1.) How can I change the widget layout to be like this Image?
Currently it only shows one movie at a time.
2) Why is the option "Only display widgets when pressing up" greyed out? I would like to turn this setting on.
3) How can I turn off the home screen up arrow menu showing Movie Spotlight, Recent Movies, etc...?
What skin is that?

It's the aeon nox 5 skin
Is it the standard version or a mod of it.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - Lombra - 2015-08-11

I set a fallback background picture, but it's pixellated as if upscaled from a smaller size. What's with that?

Also, there's no way to get Plex covers and stuff to show up on the home page like, is there? Like in the screenshot linked in previous posts.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - NeroBoron - 2015-08-12

Yay the osd now looks more similiar in videoplayback and musicplayback Smile thanks

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - michael7oliver - 2015-08-12

(2015-07-21, 01:46)RayW1986 Wrote: Hey guys, I want to create a custom hub but can't find the info I need on doing so. I know it's been posted but I think 'hub' is too short a word to search, I'm not returning anything on it?

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

I couldn't find a reply to this question and I too am having difficulty finding information on how the TV and Movie hubs actually work. Do I need to enable them some how?

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - jurialmunkey - 2015-08-12

(2015-08-09, 20:44)omriamos Wrote: Basically I want to have a shortcut to the youtube addon, and 4 shortcuts to addons (or inner pages of addons) that are already set in my Favorites list.
I have found the "Set custom widget path" button that will make a widget from the current page items - but how can I create a "custom list" of items, that will include items from my favorites (and some more if possible, otherwise just the favorites will be good enough as I will add Youtube to my fav..) ?
You can set your favourites as a widget by choosing the favourites widget from the home customisation screen. It will use your first 7 favourites to display.

(2015-08-10, 04:52)passenger Wrote: Hello, I've mentioned in a previous post that the OSD poster or video thumb doesn't appear next to the info. Well I think I've found the issue, this only happens for video streams (YouTube for example or PleXMBC). Can you do something about it? It works perfectly in Eminence skin.
This is by design - only stuff that has Art(poster) or Art(tvshow.poster) set will show. I don't see a point in displaying a youtube thumb when you are watching youtube and I don't use Plex so I have no idea about that stuff and how it sets Artwork etc.

If there was a way inside the skin engine to determine if Art(thumb) was a poster or landscape aspect then I could use that, but alas, there is not.

(2015-08-10, 22:04)austrooper Wrote: 1. I can seem to find a way to add TV recordings to the menu, the options seem to be missing
2. When you select record TV show, the options are blank. I have to switch to the default skin to seem them, e.g. repeat recording, delay etc
3. When selecting the epg is blank, but when you exit and go in again its there.
1. Yeah it seems that with Isengard, the Live TV shortcuts have disappeared from skinshortcuts script and you have to manual add them instead. Report it in the skinshortcuts thread.
2. I'm guessing you are using NextPVR. The reason is that it uses the WMC recording dialog but has different labels and controls. I don't use NextPVR and can't test it as I don't use windows. Someone else will need to create a custom dialog.
3. Doesn't happen for me with tvheadend. Not a skin problem.

(2015-08-11, 16:12)jmerrilljr Wrote:
(2015-08-09, 22:02)omriamos Wrote: ^ Good question, I actually can't even find the "now playing" page....
Any one?
Press back from the home screen?

(2015-08-11, 16:53)TeflonDog Wrote: So the screen location of the OSD is not an option? Is that going to be the case moving forward with all new versions? To be on the side like that?
Not currently. Might make it optional in the future. However, I'm quite busy at the moment so for the time being it will be like this.

(2015-08-11, 16:56)patseguin Wrote: I hadn't even realized this was out until I saw the skin showcase on the main page. My new favorite skin, love it. I use the vertical menu because I think it is better for modern HDTV's. I don't think there is a single thing I don't like about this skin.
Thanks! Smile

(2015-08-11, 23:21)Lombra Wrote: I set a fallback background picture, but it's pixellated as if upscaled from a smaller size. What's with that?

Also, there's no way to get Plex covers and stuff to show up on the home page like, is there? Like in the screenshot linked in previous posts.
In what scenarios does it appear pixellated? Need bit more information...

Don't use Plex so don't have a clue about plex stuff.

(2015-08-12, 10:07)NeroBoron Wrote: Yay the osd now looks more similiar in videoplayback and musicplayback Smile thanks
np Smile

(2015-08-12, 11:15)michael7oliver Wrote:
(2015-07-21, 01:46)RayW1986 Wrote: Hey guys, I want to create a custom hub but can't find the info I need on doing so. I know it's been posted but I think 'hub' is too short a word to search, I'm not returning anything on it?
Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks.
I couldn't find a reply to this question and I too am having difficulty finding information on how the TV and Movie hubs actually work. Do I need to enable them some how?

Add them in the Home Customisation dialog from Choose Shortcuts > Common.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - holdestmade - 2015-08-12

austrooper Wrote:
1. I can seem to find a way to add TV recordings to the menu, the options seem to be missing

1. Yeah it seems that with Isengard, the Live TV shortcuts have disappeared from skinshortcuts script and you have to manual add them instead. Report it in the skinshortcuts thread.
2. I'm guessing you are using NextPVR. The reason is that it uses the WMC recording dialog but has different labels and controls. I don't use NextPVR and can't test it as I don't use windows. Someone else will need to create a custom dialog.

See below my RecordPrefs.xml, this works fine with NextPVR. Note the replacement of "ColourHighlight" to "ColorHighlight"

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<window id="603">
<defaultcontrol always="true">21</defaultcontrol>
<controls>
<include>GlobalOverlay</include>
<control type="group">
<include>DefDialogBackground</include>
<control type="label" id="20">
<include>DefDialogHeader</include>
<label>$ADDON[pvr.nextpvr 30100]</label>
</control>
<control type="grouplist" id="9002">
<description>Control Area</description>
<left>38</left>
<right>38</right>
<posy>90</posy>
<height>690</height>
<itemgap>3</itemgap>
<onup>1</onup>
<ondown>1</ondown>
<onleft>1</onleft>
<onright>2</onright>
<orientation>vertical</orientation>
<control type="spincontrolex" id="21">
<radioposx>946</radioposx>
<texturefocus colordiffuse="$VAR[ColorHighlight]" border="8">common/box.png</texturefocus>
<align>left</align>
<label>$ADDON[pvr.nextpvr 30120]</label>
</control>
<control type="spincontrolex" id="25">
<radioposx>946</radioposx>
<texturefocus colordiffuse="$VAR[ColorHighlight]" border="8">common/box.png</texturefocus>
<align>left</align>
<label>$ADDON[pvr.nextpvr 30132]</label>
</control>
<control type="spincontrolex" id="26">
<description>Default spincontrolex</description>
<align>left</align>
<label>$ADDON[pvr.nextpvr 30133]</label>
</control>
<control type="spincontrolex" id="23">
<align>left</align>
<label>$ADDON[pvr.nextpvr 30130]</label>
</control>
<control type="spincontrolex" id="27">
<align>left</align>
<label>$ADDON[pvr.nextpvr 30134]</label>
</control>
</control>
<control type="button" id="1">
<description>Ok</description>
<centerleft>33%</centerleft>
<bottom>30</bottom>
<width>300</width>
<label>186</label>
<onleft>1</onleft>
<onright>1</onright>
<onup>5</onup>
<ondown>5</ondown>
<texturefocus colordiffuse="$VAR[ColorHighlight]" border="5">common/box.png</texturefocus>
<texturenofocus colordiffuse="Black12" border="5">common/box.png</texturenofocus>
<include>DefDialogButtons</include>
</control>
<control type="button" id="2">
<description>Cancel</description>
<centerright>33%</centerright>
<bottom>30</bottom>
<width>300</width>
<label>222</label>
<onleft>2</onleft>
<onright>2</onright>
<onup>5</onup>
<ondown>5</ondown>
<texturefocus colordiffuse="$VAR[ColorHighlight]" border="5">common/box.png</texturefocus>
<texturenofocus colordiffuse="Black12" border="5">common/box.png</texturenofocus>
<include>DefDialogButtons</include>
</control>
</control>
</controls>
</window>

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - Lombra - 2015-08-12

(2015-08-12, 12:14)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2015-08-11, 23:21)Lombra Wrote: I set a fallback background picture, but it's pixellated as if upscaled from a smaller size. What's with that?

On my desktop:
http://i.imgur.com/Gap595W.jpg

Same image in Kodi:
http://i.imgur.com/kCDvk43.jpg

The image is 1920x1200, and after cropping it down to 1080 to match monitor resolution it does look better.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - Crssi - 2015-08-12

As I can see KODI works with 1920x1080 and 1920x1200 is downsized then to 1920x1080.
As you already found out the resolution, the only way is to crop the picture to 1920x1080.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - jurialmunkey - 2015-08-12

(2015-08-12, 13:58)Lombra Wrote:
(2015-08-12, 12:14)jurialmunkey Wrote:

On my desktop:
http://i.imgur.com/Gap595W.jpg

Same image in Kodi:
http://i.imgur.com/kCDvk43.jpg

The image is 1920x1200, and after cropping it down to 1080 to match monitor resolution it does look better.
How exactly did you set the fallback image...
Home Customisation > Set Background?
Widgets > Set Slideshow Path?
Background > Set Fallback image?

If it was set the last way, you also need to set it as the background for each individual menu item in the home customisation window...