Kodi Community Forum
Release Arctic: Zephyr - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=221)
+---- Thread: Release Arctic: Zephyr (/showthread.php?tid=217174)

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - jurialmunkey - 2015-08-14

(2015-08-14, 03:18)Citrus Wrote:
(2015-08-11, 07:33)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2015-08-11, 04:44)Citrus Wrote: 1.) How can I change the widget layout to be like this?
Currently it only shows one movie at a time.
2) Why is the option "Only display widgets when pressing up" greyed out? I would like to turn this setting on.
3) How can I turn off the home screen up arrow menu showing Movie Spotlight, Recent Movies, etc...?

1. Change home screen style (Skin Settings > Home) from "Normal" to "Classic"
2. Only available in Classic home screen mode.
3. Set widgets for each home screen item in Skin Settings > Home > Customise Home Screen
Wow thanks! Those view settings look so much better!
I set a widget to all menu items to "None" and the movie spotlight menu still shows up when pressing up.

Read the FAQ - http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=221411

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - marioluigi123 - 2015-08-14

I see two recent questions here that can be easily solved by looking through the Skin Settings.

This is sort of my opinion, and I'm not sure how much support jurialmonkey wants to provide for his awesome skin, but please do a little more research and/or experimentation before posting in the thread. The fact of the matter is that Kodi requires a certain amount of configuration and know-how. If you want 100% simple, buy an Apple TV. If you want customization, flexibility, and features, then take a little time to learn Kodi's functionality.

Now to answer the questions....
Quote:Is there a way to change content that show up in top menu on the home screen?

These are called widgets. Look in the Skin Settings and choose some widgets. On a stock install, you can press up twice (from the nav bar on the bottom) and get a few widget choices. That might not be true on the latest skin versions...I'm a little behind.

Quote:How can i show the fanart of movie or series on the home screen?
Is see only the Kodi Wallpaper from the skin. The option in the settings is enabled.

See above - these are widgets. What settings option do you have enabled?

I hope this isn't too harsh, but I don't want to see great community contributers get burned out answering the same old questions.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - Citrus - 2015-08-14

How can I adjust the gradient when using the vertical theme?
It's too white and hides the nice cloudy Kodi wallpaper.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - Soli - 2015-08-14

Banner view, thumbnailsview and big list view are pretty useless. I doubt anyone are using them. Apart from that, probably the best skin atm.

(2015-08-14, 07:23)Soli Wrote: Banner view, thumbnailsview and big list view are pretty useless. I doubt anyone are using them. Apart from that, probably the best skin atm.

I use banner wall for my tvshows, so.....

Agree that Big list and Thumbs are not that appealing. There is a reason why they are at the end of the view types Wink
Though I can guarantee I'd have a bunch of people in here complaining if I removed them...
However, they are useful with areas that don't have much metadata or consistent artwork.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - Soli - 2015-08-14

Ok, but maybe bannerview should be disabled for movies if that's possible? Because therearent really movies banners, it just uses a normal pics and crops them, leading to some really funny bannersSmile

Or...It would be great to have an option to choose active "views". I don't want to go full kiosk mode, but it would be nice to avoid the views you don't use. It's a minor quibble though. Took me a while to get to grips with the skin, but damn it's so goodSmile

Edit: just found out about the hubs. Would it be possible to have an option of makin ones own custom hub? For example a hub where one can put in their own addons or other stuff. That would be ubergreat!

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - nlash - 2015-08-14

I don't understand the need to remove views.

Why should everyone have a view removed when you could....just not use that view?

If you're that intent on removing a view, just change it in the xml yourself.

Most films in my collection have banners. You can download them with artwork downloaded. Dont really see the point in disabling views - as nlash said, just don't use them. Kodi remembers what view you set.

Everything in the hub is customisable in skin settings. You can change the name, the widget and all the items. I do plan to add a few more eventually so that you can have more than two though

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - Woppie - 2015-08-14

*cut first part of the original msg, this seems fixed on github, missed that Tongue*

Also the group name (just noticed it, I know if was fixed before), in this case "GROEP: NEDERLANDS" gets sometimes cut of, it's different for each resolution and even screen.
Same resolution, different screen;

And maybe use the colour for the sort by option and group; they're not static text and it seems that you reserved the grey for static text and blue for variabel labels...

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - omriamos - 2015-08-14

(2015-08-14, 09:06)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2015-08-14, 07:23)Soli Wrote: Banner view, thumbnailsview and big list view are pretty useless. I doubt anyone are using them. Apart from that, probably the best skin atm.

I use banner wall for my tvshows, so.....

Agree that Big list and Thumbs are not that appealing. There is a reason why they are at the end of the view types Wink
Though I can guarantee I'd have a bunch of people in here complaining if I removed them...
However, they are useful with areas that don't have much metadata or consistent artwork.

Me too.
I use banner wall for my tv shows.
I even use thumbs - for home videos..

Asking again ( Sad ) - How can I bring back the mouse cursor, and also stop my mouse movements from opening menus...?
I am able to stop the mouse movements issue with keymap.xml (<mousemove>noop</mousemove>) but this still leaves me without a mouse cursor... and I actually DO want it.. where did it go?

thanks

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - Crssi - 2015-08-14

@omriamos:
How do you think "bring back"?
Was the mouse cursor anytime from the start in this skin?

Re: RE: Arctic: Zephyr - nickr - 2015-08-14

(2015-08-14, 05:00)marioluigi123 Wrote: I see two recent questions here that can be easily solved by looking through the Skin Settings.

This is sort of my opinion, and I'm not sure how much support jurialmonkey wants to provide for his awesome skin, but please do a little more research and/or experimentation before posting in the thread. The fact of the matter is that Kodi requires a certain amount of configuration and know-how. If you want 100% simple, buy an Apple TV. If you want customization, flexibility, and features, then take a little time to learn Kodi's functionality.

Now to answer the questions....
Quote:Is there a way to change content that show up in top menu on the home screen?

These are called widgets. Look in the Skin Settings and choose some widgets. On a stock install, you can press up twice (from the nav bar on the bottom) and get a few widget choices. That might not be true on the latest skin versions...I'm a little behind.

Quote:How can i show the fanart of movie or series on the home screen?
Is see only the Kodi Wallpaper from the skin. The option in the settings is enabled.

See above - these are widgets. What settings option do you have enabled?

I hope this isn't too harsh, but I don't want to see great community contributers get burned out answering the same old questions.

One problem people might have (and I do) is the nomenclature. As a result of your post I now know what a widget is (thank you) . But wtf is a hub? Maybe with jurial's permission I will put together a wiki page explaining these features for mere mortals like me.

Great skin even on default settings and even without fully understanding it!

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - passenger - 2015-08-14

(2015-08-10, 04:52)passenger Wrote: Hello, I've mentioned in a previous post that the OSD poster or video thumb doesn't appear next to the info. Well I think I've found the issue, this only happens for video streams (YouTube for example or PleXMBC). Can you do something about it? It works perfectly in Eminence skin.

This is by design - only stuff that has Art(poster) or Art(tvshow.poster) set will show. I don't see a point in displaying a youtube thumb when you are watching youtube and I don't use Plex so I have no idea about that stuff and how it sets Artwork etc.

If there was a way inside the skin engine to determine if Art(thumb) was a poster or landscape aspect then I could use that, but alas, there is not.

Actually, I've looked into it a little more, this only happens with video streams like I said (that have poster art so they should display them, disregard YouTube) but only when you play it via the info screen. If you play it as it is, the poster appears just fine in OSD. Hope it's more clear, I know it's not a major issue but nowadays many of us use streams, either local like from Plex or UPnP sources or from the web.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - omriamos - 2015-08-14

(2015-08-14, 19:47)Crssi Wrote: @omriamos:

I never had mouse cursor with this skin, but I do have it with other skins (and also the default skin) and I don't understand why it's gone in this skin...

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - Razze - 2015-08-14

(2015-08-14, 22:41)omriamos Wrote:
(2015-08-14, 19:47)Crssi Wrote: @omriamos:

I never had mouse cursor with this skin, but I do have it with other skins (and also the default skin) and I don't understand why it's gone in this skin...

Because the skin is not suited for use with a cursor. It's simply not developed against that case.