Kodi Community Forum
Release Arctic: Zephyr - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=221)
+---- Thread: Release Arctic: Zephyr (/showthread.php?tid=217174)

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - ricardosunnie - 2015-08-21

jurialmunkey is not responding any more Confused maybe he's busy doing other things...

(2015-08-16, 12:28)Marcelc66 Wrote: Hi Jurial Monkey,

I would be very interested in working with you on a project I have.

I would like to discuss a paid custom skinning project with you.

It is time sensitive, could you please contact me at [email protected]

I look forward to hearing from you!

Marcel

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - jurialmunkey - 2015-08-21

(2015-08-14, 16:50)Woppie Wrote: Also the group name (just noticed it, I know if was fixed before), in this case "GROEP: NEDERLANDS" gets sometimes cut of, it's different for each resolution and even screen.
Same resolution, different screen;

And maybe use the colour for the sort by option and group; they're not static text and it seems that you reserved the grey for static text and blue for variabel labels...
I'm guessing you probably have the clearlogo option turned on in furniture settings. The label is shorter to reserve space for the clear logo. Should be fixed on git hopefully (Haven't tested as I don't have access to the tv with the tuner at the moment, but it should work theoretically)

Unfortunately I can't split the label between sort text and group (just grab a control label which has both parts) so can't change the colour of one part of it otherwise I would.

(2015-08-14, 21:49)nickr Wrote: One problem people might have (and I do) is the nomenclature. As a result of your post I now know what a widget is (thank you) . But wtf is a hub? Maybe with jurial's permission I will put together a wiki page explaining these features for mere mortals like me.

Great skin even on default settings and even without fully understanding it!
A wiki would be excellent! Big Grin
Something I have wanted to do but simply haven't had the time to do.

(2015-08-14, 22:15)passenger Wrote: Actually, I've looked into it a little more, this only happens with video streams like I said (that have poster art so they should display them, disregard YouTube) but only when you play it via the info screen. If you play it as it is, the poster appears just fine in OSD. Hope it's more clear, I know it's not a major issue but nowadays many of us use streams, either local like from Plex or UPnP sources or from the web.
Yeah I've noticed a few niche cases where this happens when streams have been added to the library. I'll look into it some more. I'm basically trying to avoid ugly cases where a landscape thumb is jammed into the space of a poster.

Its really weird. I'm not sure why kodi isn't passing Player.Art(poster) in some cases...

(2015-08-15, 00:41)rec0n Wrote: Hi Jurialmunkey, can you please reach me? We are working on a project and pretty interested in porting one of your skins to the platform. The forum system does not let me to send private messages so thats why I am quoting you. You can reach me at emre [at] xlat.net.
Emailed you.

(2015-08-15, 04:14)Soli Wrote: I kinda think the hub views are kinda fascinating, why haven't anyone done that before? I wonder if a skin built around a hub homeview could be interesting. You start at the Movie hub, and press left to go to an inverse TV Hub. (or vice versa) For more hubs, press esc on the home screen (which has no function as of now) and you get a slick 4 way hub selector. Press left/right for movie/TV, up/down for addons/live TV. Anyways, just thinking out loud Smile
Xperience1080 is sort of like this. I've tried similar things in the past, but it always felt too clunky and not customisable enough.

(2015-08-15, 16:45)relyter Wrote: jurialmunkey

Sorry, could you advice me on this?
You might have to include 505 in the <views> tag as well maybe? It shouldn't show because of the visibility condition, but I think if you are including the control, then you have to include the id in the views tag regardless. Otherwise I'm not sure what the issue might be.

(2015-08-16, 05:29)rog0003 Wrote: Great skin, definitely my new favorite. Is it possible to stop the widgets from scrolling? Can't seem to find any option to disable it.
In Includes_Home.xml change the
Code:
<autoscroll time="10000">!Control.HasFocus(301)</autoscroll>
to
Code:
<autoscroll>false</autoscroll>

(2015-08-16, 12:28)Marcelc66 Wrote: I would like to discuss a paid custom skinning project with you.
It is time sensitive, could you please contact me at [email protected]
Emailed.

(2015-08-16, 13:48)Hustler1337 Wrote: Anyone know which file I need to edit to change the height of the white bar across the bottom of the home page? It's slightly too high in my opinion.
Includes_Home.xml

(2015-08-17, 02:36)colbert Wrote: I'm digging the vertical menu but how can I get rid of the movie spotlight? Example: http://i.imgur.com/lB96L9n.png
Same way for the other home screen types. Set widget to None and choose a background for the menu item or set a home screen slideshow in settings. Read FAQ for more details.

(2015-08-17, 05:10)ldavet Wrote: It sounds like whining but the only thing preventing me from using this skin is lack of Advanced Launcher view support, I know it's planned but the wait is painful...

Anyway, this skin is really great!
Thanks. What types of views are you interested in for Adv Launcher. I'm planning on working on this soon and I'm interested to hear the types of views that people would want. I'm assuming wall views with different aspect ratios for different types (poster, square, landscape). Any others?

(2015-08-17, 19:25)ricardosunnie Wrote: Hi jurialmunkey,

I want to modify the info screen that you get when pressing I when watching TV or a movie a little.
Like to change the plot text color.
Can you tell me in what .xml file I can find that?

Thanks!
DialogVideoInfo.xml

(2015-08-17, 21:55)efpob Wrote: What are the requirements to have the fanart display on the background of the main screen?

I have it set so that random movie art shows when movies is highlighted on the main menu. All movies have some form of art as it shows when I browse the list. However, only some movies show an art backdrop when on the main menu. I thought it might have been because the art was in a folder in some movies, and just in the root for others, but then it showed a backdrop for a movie that had no art in the same folder. I'm not even sure where Kodi was getting it from!

It would also be great if the menu could disappear after successfully downloading a subtitle while a video is playing. It would also be good if Download Subtitle was the default option, instead of having to click and then select download subtitle
Might be an issue with server sources and the library data provider script that provides widgets. I suggest changing to use playlists for your widgets instead.

(2015-08-17, 22:05)MrOns Wrote: First, I'd like to say thanks - this is by far my favourite skin I've come across.

Is there a way to have a single image as the background throughout all screens? I have an image set as my home screen background, but when I go into Movies/TV, there's only the choice between the fanart and the dark-grey 'no-fanart' background. There may be a setting somewhere that escapes me, but I can't find it...

Similarly, is there a way for the fanart widgets for Movies/TV to only appear after pressing up whilst on the 'normal' home screen? As in, starting from a standard background, but pressing up allows me to bring up the big fanart and flick through the various spot-lit videos.

+1 for Advanced Launcher support too. Planned, I know, but once that drops - I'm in, and this becomes the perfect way to integrate all my steam games and emulators, and I may never leave my couch again.

Once again, thanks. These are just my little bugbears, getting things as clean as possible, but with the options there to bring up loads of cool stuff, something this skin excels at. Thanks Jurialmunkey!
Thanks.
Should be fixed on latest git so that you can disable fanart in Skin Settings > Background and the skin will use the fallback fanart image if you set one.

Set "Replace widget fanart with slideshow" in Skin Settings > Widgets.

(2015-08-18, 12:07)werewolf80 Wrote: Hi! Great skin. Love the white clean style!!

I am using the vertical style, all clean without widgets.

However, i would like to have the weather-fanart without the forecast. How can i set the current weather-fanart as background but without the forecast? If not possible yet, could it be made possible??

Is it also possible to add RSS text in the main screen? Now it is only showing when not in main screen... Imo it would be nice if RSS feed is only shown on the main screen.

A last request... when in an add-on screen, in list view, i would like to hide the images next to it. Like an even more minimalistic list view...

Cheers,
Dennis
Weather is not currently possible, but planned. RSS should show on vertical home on latest git, don't really think it should go on the other views. I'll have a play with a super minimal list when I get the chance.

(2015-08-18, 22:19)efpob Wrote: Thanks for that, but I already tried it. My issue is that some movies or tvshows do not show any backdrop on the home screen. However those same movies or tvshow will show a backdrop when going to them directly

Use a playlist for the widget instead of one of the provider widgets. If playlists dont show up in customisation dialog, just press back and choose "Select Widget" again until they do show up (they are down the bottom of the list).

(2015-08-19, 00:57)arithine Wrote: The upcoming "CinemaVision" addon has just released information on skin integration http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=231881&pid=2050437#pid2050437 any plans on adding it?
Yep when its released.

(2015-08-19, 09:31)wagnumpi Wrote:
(2015-07-21, 20:39)wagnumpi Wrote: Thanks for the response Jurielmunkey, much appreciated Smile

As for the music playlists at startup, are you referring to that when saying Isengaard isnt supported yet or is this something the skin just wont be having? Apart from this feature which I love but most skins seem to be ignoring unfortunately for me, best skin out there Smile
Any chance your planning to add this feature soon as really miss being able to just start up Kodi and have music playing? No pressure or anything just asking as I know this is your spare time going in to this which is greatly appreciated Smile
Yep, should be done on latest git. Skin Settings > Extras > Startup playlist

(2015-08-19, 15:14)egtrev Wrote: Couple of questions:

1. Is there anyway to edit the text shown on the splash screen on initial Kodi startup.
2. Anyway to add backgrounds to the submenu items (so it is different to main item background)

Don't mind manually editing any files if needed.

Thanks.
1. Edit 1080i/Startup.xml
2. No, would make code too complex.

(2015-08-19, 19:28)effe Wrote: What is the name of the png used for the menu background in home? I would like to make it smaller.
Doesn't work like that - its the same image that is used for the whole background. You have to edit Includes_Home.xml

(2015-08-20, 02:11)jedi.jesse Wrote: Beautiful skin, that is all.
Thanks Big Grin

(2015-08-20, 14:00)javiermon Wrote: Hi

Great skin. Thanks for developing it.

My main issue is when on music full screen playback and the current playlist is shown, if I press home button, the skin won't go to home. It's like if the current playlist is holding the focus and unless you hide it (pressing back first) you cannot do anything else.

Can this be fixed?

Also, in the banner wall view, would it be possible to show extra info, like in the Icons view?

Thanks,
I don't think it can unfortunately.

Yep I'm working on adding an extra info banner wall view.

(2015-08-21, 01:04)ricardosunnie Wrote: jurialmunkey is not responding any more Confused maybe he's busy doing other things...
Yes, busy with life. I can't be expected to respond every single day. Plus I prioritise working on skin stuff over replying to comments. It takes a lot of time to reply to all the comments.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - jdoo - 2015-08-21

Quote:Yes, busy with life. I can't be expected to respond every single day. Plus I prioritise working on skin stuff over replying to comments. It takes a lot of time to reply to all the comments.
Do you what you have to do, you owe us nothing. I am very thankful however that you donate your time in making such an excellent skin!!!

Thanks Big Grin

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - dr.joaomarcelo - 2015-08-21

Love this skin! Great work! Anyway i have this bug that if i select 'none widget" while customizing the home screen but then it shows some random widget instead of none (usually a tv widget).

Because of this i have to select a custom widget that there is nothing on it for every menu item that i don't want a widget to show. Is this a known bug?

Read faq

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - Ragnarok - 2015-08-21

(2015-08-20, 22:27)raumich Wrote: Thanks for the instructions but I run Kodi on a FireTV without root access. It's quite complex to perform changes like this. I really would like to see this implemented of the shelf. Otherwise I probably won't use this addon at all.

Even if skin integration isn't available for Arctic: Zephyr, there will still be a context menu add-on to launch the script. I'm hoping to have a preview version to offer skinners so that they can begin doing proof of concepts as soon as tomorrow.

Edit: I just saw that you're planning to include us! I'll shoot you a PM as soon as I have a version with the skin integration intact and working.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - Jozef001 - 2015-08-21

I really love your skin! Is the 2.0.0 version the latest version? In Github is see a 2.0.4 version but it doesn't update in my kodi.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - Razze - 2015-08-21

(2015-08-21, 11:49)Jozef001 Wrote: I really love your skin! Is the 2.0.0 version the latest version? In Github is see a 2.0.4 version but it doesn't update in my kodi.

Not every version is pushed to the kodi repo, as jurial wants them to be finished. If you use the github one some things might not be fully done.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - Jozef001 - 2015-08-21

Thanks for the reply. I will stick with 2.0.0 then.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - Talguy - 2015-08-21

Hey Jurialmunkey, Man this skin just gets better and better. I've got a few things I've seen in the latest update I want to mention

1) The delayed plot overlay that gets triggered after a few seconds it adds a really nice touch to the interface but I wish I could easily adjust the delay time and I wish was something that told me which button I should press to exit it as I find myself naturally pressing the back button all the time which takes me to the previous interface not the one I'm currently in.
2) I found that on the now playing music screen I can't change my visualizer anymore. It's stuck with only showing the Artist's fanart when I want to enable MilkDrop2
3) coiuld you integrate this script http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=220753 to change the video duration times from minutes to HH:MM

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - locomot1f - 2015-08-21

i second @Talguy's 3rd request --
Quote:3) coiuld you integrate this script http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=220753 to change the video duration times from minutes to HH:MM

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - locomot1f - 2015-08-21

(2015-08-21, 06:19)CinemaVision-Scott Wrote:
(2015-08-20, 22:27)raumich Wrote: Thanks for the instructions but I run Kodi on a FireTV without root access. It's quite complex to perform changes like this. I really would like to see this implemented of the shelf. Otherwise I probably won't use this addon at all.

Even if skin integration isn't available for Arctic: Zephyr, there will still be a context menu add-on to launch the script. I'm hoping to have a preview version to offer skinners so that they can begin doing proof of concepts as soon as tomorrow.

Edit: I just saw that you're planning to include us! I'll shoot you a PM as soon as I have a version with the skin integration intact and working.

CoolBig Grin

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - liranics - 2015-08-22

How can i join translate team of this skin? i complete localize this skin to Hebrew

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - cozmo - 2015-08-22

Hi jurialmunke,

are you considering to integrate this option a future release?

(2015-08-18, 00:00)soflip Wrote:
(2015-08-16, 13:54)cozmo Wrote: I would love an option to show the year of a movie in round brackets next to the name in the OSD.
Like this: Rocky (1976)

me too!!