Kodi Community Forum
Release Arctic: Zephyr - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=221)
+---- Thread: Release Arctic: Zephyr (/showthread.php?tid=217174)

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - Axel Foley - 2015-09-10

First of all, let me congratulate with you for this skin: amazing work.

I had problems disabling spotlight widget for certain menu items (wanted it only for Movies and TV Shows):

1. read the faq
2. set the fallback image in the Background options section (a nice wallpaper that fits nicely with this skin)
3. In Customize home menu for each menu item I set the widget to none.

But the spotlight widget was still active for every menu item (Videos, Settings, etc.).

I managed to solve the problem by setting, in step 3 above, the widget to Custom Widget 4, that is not configured, instead of none.
In this way the configured fallback image is used instead of the widget.

Is this intended behaviour or did I misunderstood something?

Thanks again for your work.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - jurialmunkey - 2015-09-11

Yes you misunderstood. You need to either set a slideshow under skin settings - widgets (if you want a single image just put it in a folder by itself and select the folder.) The other way is to set individual backgrounds for each menu item in the home customisation dialog by pressing select background. The fall back image you choose is for when you are in the library and an item doesn't have fanart

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - Axel Foley - 2015-09-11

Thanks for the answer.

A question: I needed to add two functions to the context dialog (when you press C on a movie entry), Artwork Downloader Solo Mode and Artwork Downloader GUI Mode. I had this on the other skin I was using and used them in order to manually control artwork downloading for specific titles.

I added this into the file DialogContextMenu.xml

Code:
<control type="button" id="9325">
                    <!-- ArtWork Downloader Solo Mode-->
                    <label>Artwork Downloader Solo</label>
                    <onclick condition="Container.Content(tvshows)">XBMC.RunScript(script.artwork.downloader, mediatype=tvshow, dbid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID])</onclick>
                    <onclick condition="Container.Content(movies)">XBMC.RunScript(script.artwork.downloader, mediatype=movie, dbid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID])</onclick>
                    <onclick condition="Container.Content(musicvideos)">XBMC.RunScript(script.artwork.downloader, mediatype=musicvideos, dbid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID])</onclick>
                    <onclick>SetFocus(51)</onclick>
                    <visible>System.HasAddon(script.artwork.downloader) + [Container.Content(tvshows) | Container.Content(movies) | Container.Content(musicvideos)]</visible>
                    <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(plexbmc)</visible>
                </control>
                <control type="button" id="9326">
                    <!-- ArtWork Downloader Gui Mode-->
                    <label>Artwork Downloader GUI</label>
                    <onclick condition="Container.Content(tvshows)">XBMC.RunScript(script.artwork.downloader, mode=gui, mediatype=tvshow, dbid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID])</onclick>
                    <onclick condition="Container.Content(movies)">XBMC.RunScript(script.artwork.downloader, mode=gui, mediatype=movie, dbid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID])</onclick>
                    <onclick condition="Container.Content(musicvideos)">XBMC.RunScript(script.artwork.downloader, mode=gui, mediatype=musicvideo, dbid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID])</onclick>
                    <onclick>SetFocus(51)</onclick>
                    <visible>System.HasAddon(script.artwork.downloader) + [Container.Content(tvshows) | Container.Content(movies) | Container.Content(musicvideos)]</visible>
                    <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(plexbmc)</visible>
                </control>

And it works ok, AD is invoked correctly in both modes, for that specific movie entry. Only issue is that the font, alignment, and highlighted colors of the labels in the menu are not consistent with the others.
Can you tell me if that's the right place to put those two entries?

Thank you very much for the help.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - MasterPhW - 2015-09-11

There's no need to add it to a skin, since kodi has support for context menu addons for some time, now. Just write one, install it and you can use it on every skin.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - javiermon - 2015-09-12

Hi

I've upgraded from 2.0.5 to version 2.0.6 (from github) and in the weather section I had the weather widget configured but now it's not showing, I just see the weather fan art background. Is this how it's supposed to work now? I personally pefered the weather widget so I could see the forecast without having to enter inside the weather screen.

Thanks!

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - iAYMANi - 2015-09-12

I want to get thisHuh

HowHuh

Thank you

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - KODser - 2015-09-12

Hi @jurialmunkey, first of all, thanks for this beautiful skin, for me it's the only one that is simple, elegante and modern at the same time, however lacks a little on customization and information manly on music, and compatibility, for exemple with Rom browser and advanced launcher.

Now i give you some suggestions so you skin become more complete and have details that others don't have.
These are just sketchs done in photoshop, it's not implemented

Movies

- Have a little status "button" near the DiscArt that shows if the movie is playing stopped ou paused. With this three states in mind, I don't know it it's possible to have the DiscArt spining with higher rpms when its playing, slower when it's pause and not spining when it's not playing (stopped). Of corse this rotation option could be enabled our disabled on the forniture settings;
- From what I've saw, there is no option to enable/disable discArt, in my opinion there should be, so a user that scrapes the library on external apps (mediaelch for example) could control if the discArt, already downloaded in that app, should appear or not.
- Have a option to hide the file path

TV Shows
Option 1 - Show Studio Logo

Option 2 - Show Character Art

- Have TV Show Studio Logo or Character Art to be less empty space and a more rich information page. A option on the settings to disable/enable and choose which image we want.
- Add the same artwork to the episode information.
- Hide the episodes file path also

Minor bug on the TV department- The clear logo in some shows don't appear when i'm chosing the season. On "*All Seasons" the logo appear but when i'm in season 1 etc it doesn't. It's a skin problem our kodi problem that is slow to update this sort of things?

Music

- Show band logo and cd art (in the settings there is already a option to show clearlogos but i gess it only works on Movies and TV Shows)
- The cdArt would have the same effects as the discArt on movies
- Add release date, rating and get the review further down so the cdArt stay in the same place as the discArt on movies and is aligned with the rest of the page

It is similar to the original arctic

- change music OSD from vertical to horizontal so it has harmony with the rest of the OSDs (movies and tv shows) and the default skin in general
- the cdArt on the OSD would spin to.

Advanced Launcher and Rom Collection Browser

For the Rom Collection Browser and the Advanced Launcher I didn't do anything yet, but the user @boozecrooze01 already has done a magnificent job to show how the advanced launcher could look like here. It's brilliant!

watch gallery

I hope you not take this suggestions the wrong way, I like your skin very much, and it's the only one i can see myself using, but there is space for improvement, and this skatches show, not only what can be done, but how much I appreciate your work.

Best Regards

(2015-09-12, 19:28)iAYMANi Wrote: I want to get thisHuh

HowHuh
http://i.imgur.com/gPRssKO.jpeg

Thank you

You need to mark the movie as watched on the context menu ©.
You are welcome

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - Durron - 2015-09-12

Hey, nice Skin!

but i have one thing i miss, how can i set unseen movies AND TV-Shows in the Spotlight? Woud be so nice to get this work.

thx
Durron

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - dr.joaomarcelo - 2015-09-13

(2015-09-12, 19:31)KODser Wrote: Image
It is similar to the original arctic

- change music OSD from vertical to horizontal so it has harmony with the rest of the OSDs (movies and tv shows) and the default skin in general
- the cdArt on the OSD would spin to.

+1

That would be great! I changed from ACE to this one. And for most part this skin is much better but i think the music visualization is lacking a bit (although i think it has greatly improved from old versions)

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - emal011 - 2015-09-13

There´s a possibility to activate the WeatherAddon? In home menu, there are addons just for video and audio. But in other skind, the weather addons options appear..

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - KODser - 2015-09-13

(2015-09-12, 20:25)Durron Wrote: Hey, nice Skin!

but i have one thing i miss, how can i set unseen movies AND TV-Shows in the Spotlight? Woud be so nice to get this work.

thx
Durron
I already answered a similar question here - http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=238194

(2015-09-13, 07:24)emal011 Wrote: There´s a possibility to activate the WeatherAddon? In home menu, there are addons just for video and audio. But in other skind, the weather addons options appear..

To activate the Weather addon you need to go to settings>Weather > Services for Weather. if you don't have any option to select go to "get more" and choose one of the options.

After that, to get the weather category on the menu, you can go to "settings">"skin settings"> "Home"> "Costumize Home menu". On the right list you choose "ADD" and, after that, you go to "CHOOSE SHORTCUT">"Common"> and choose "Weather"

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - Durron - 2015-09-14

Oh, thx, but is it possible to use more than one widget?

And where is the button to update my database ;( cant find it

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - loggio - 2015-09-14

Jurialmunkey,

Any chance you could add 'SetFocus(302,0)' to your mainmenu.DATA.xml?
Much easier to select a common function than to type it in to every single menu item using a remote control.

Love your skin!
Keep up the good work.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - loggio - 2015-09-15

Couple things I've noticed regarding pvr

1.When recording a show there is no overlay in the channels list to show that the channel is recording.

2.It seems that when you stop a recording or a recording is finished the epg guide does not update and clear the timer overlay.

3.in the OSD the record button does not change color to indicate recording...

Also, would it be possible to show 'next' information alongside the currently airing show in pvr list view,OSD channel list and OSD info, it's great to be able to see what's coming up next. See refocus for a great example... The pvr in refocus is pretty much perfect.

Also, have you thought about a different list view for pvr channels? I feel it's a little compact and could be larger to accommodate more channels. Perhaps the same for the guide as well.

Anyways, awesome skin!!
Loving the vertical home menu.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - loggio - 2015-09-15

*delete*