Kodi Community Forum
Release Arctic: Zephyr - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=221)
+---- Thread: Release Arctic: Zephyr (/showthread.php?tid=217174)

Arctic: Zephyr - Deihmos - 2015-11-13

This skin is so much nicer than E2. I hope AZ isn't abandoned.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - jurialmunkey - 2015-11-14

(2015-11-13, 23:36)Deihmos Wrote: This skin is so much nicer than E2. I hope AZ isn't abandoned.
I really shouldn't bother responding to posts like these, but here I go.....

Um... considering I just pushed a massive Jarvis update, then no it is not abandoned. I've mentioned in multiple places and multiple times that I would be doing Jarvis work once I got Eminence to a stable spot. In the past I haven't begun working on new kodi versions until they are at a RC state so I would say that Jarvis changes are happening pretty early this time around.

Arctic Zephyr has been at a pretty stable spot for a while. Its pretty funny how people get in a big tizzy about things being "abandoned" once heavy development stops and a skin reaches a fairly stable spot. There have been a few great additions in the various mods floating around that I want to add, but these are all mostly nice little extras rather than massive usability changes (not including the aspect changes for widgets, which is a pretty important change I want to make {and some Jarvis stuff related to image resources, but that's Jarvis stuff which is still in Alpha I might remind you...})

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - Deihmos - 2015-11-14

(2015-11-14, 01:45)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2015-11-13, 23:36)Deihmos Wrote: This skin is so much nicer than E2. I hope AZ isn't abandoned.
I really shouldn't bother responding to posts like these, but here I go.....

Um... considering I just pushed a massive Jarvis update, then no it is not abandoned. I've mentioned in multiple places and multiple times that I would be doing Jarvis work once I got Eminence to a stable spot. In the past I haven't begun working on new kodi versions until they are at a RC state so I would say that Jarvis changes are happening pretty early this time around.

Arctic Zephyr has been at a pretty stable spot for a while. Its pretty funny how people get in a big tizzy about things being "abandoned" once heavy development stops and a skin reaches a fairly stable spot. There have been a few great additions in the various mods floating around that I want to add, but these are all mostly nice little extras rather than massive usability changes (not including the aspect changes for widgets, which is a pretty important change I want to make {and some Jarvis stuff related to image resources, but that's Jarvis stuff which is still in Alpha I might remind you...})

I know that wasn't the case. I have not tried Kodi 16 as yet either. I was only saying I hope you don't stop developing it.. Anyway, keep up the good work. AZ is the best skin I have used on Kodi to date.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - markymark - 2015-11-14

Hi have installed the skin the best!! but having an issue with spotlight, read the faq at the beginning of the section but does not answer my question
It appears to show recently added movies but have since added more but they don't appear.
All widgets set to non so where is it picking up the movies from.
Can the 'Spotlight' be turned off completely so that no movies show in main screen and return to default.
Thanks Sad

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - markymark - 2015-11-15

Hi working my way around this skin.
At present I have two drives on my server ie movies and movies 2, when the widget i presume scans it only looks at one drive the second one do i need to point this widget (movie hub) to locations.
Also if I do an update library it gives an error 'cannot connect to server'
Thanks

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - NahsiN - 2015-11-16

(2015-10-31, 18:49)santos954 Wrote: Is anyone else having trouble with Music addons with this skin? When i go into the music addons section the page options window always pops up, then when x out of that to use the addons none will open. this is specific to music addons. Anyone else have this problem? Any fix?
Yes, whether it's Music or Music add-ons, I have the same problem but instead of pressing x I press Enter and it just goes to the Music section where I can at least browse my collection or the addons. Has anyone else ran into this issue?

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - matty87a - 2015-11-16

Love this skin - been using for a while.

Quick question, are you able to create your own custom hubs? Not edit the existing tv and movie - but create your own for thins like sport etc?

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - Razze - 2015-11-16

@jurial any chance to get userrating displayed on every poster if it is available?

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - MasterPhW - 2015-11-17

(2015-11-16, 23:09)matty87a Wrote: Love this skin - been using for a while.

Quick question, are you able to create your own custom hubs? Not edit the existing tv and movie - but create your own for thins like sport etc?
Sadly, not available atm. But since (his other skin) Eminence 2.0 allows the custom hub creation, I guess they will be backported or part of Arctic: Zephyr 2.0.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - ZD5B - 2015-11-17

Hi
Q. Why can't I use the weather widget?
A. You need to set up weather fanart first. Skin Settings > Backgrounds > Set weather fanart. See http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=41650 for weather fanart packs.

Does anyone have working link or pack, they can share
Using OpenWeatherMap Extended
Thanks

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - Nellgrove - 2015-11-17

Can I set party mode as a shortcut? Only option i can see to enable it is through the kiosk menu which I want to disable.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - BobCratchett - 2015-11-17

(2015-11-17, 23:08)Nellgrove Wrote: Can I set party mode as a shortcut? Only option i can see to enable it is through the kiosk menu which I want to disable.

Sure, set the custom action of a shortcut to one of the following:-

PlayerControl(PartyMode)
PlayerControl(PartyMode(Video))
PlayerControl(PartyMode(path/to/playlist.xsp))

The first will start party mode for music, the second for music videos, the third for the playlist you specify.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - jurialmunkey - 2015-11-18

(2015-11-17, 17:56)ZD5B Wrote: Hi
Q. Why can't I use the weather widget?
A. You need to set up weather fanart first. Skin Settings > Backgrounds > Set weather fanart. See http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=41650 for weather fanart packs.

Does anyone have working link or pack, they can share
Using OpenWeatherMap Extended
Thanks

Yeah, there is one on the thread linked...

http://dodgecityrc.com/xbmc_downloads/weather.zip

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - jurialmunkey - 2015-11-18

ATTENTION JARVIS USERS

I just pushed a large update to git. This update adds the new skinshortcuts widgets selection method. This may require you to reselect your widgets. The upside is that this will provide pretty much unlimited widget options.

There are also new aspect ratio selection options for widgets where you can switch between Poster, Square, Thumb, and Fanart.

There are also Weather Fanart and Icon selections options using new Jarvis image resource addons (no need for weather fanart packs any more as you can now select them from a dialog).

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - braz - 2015-11-18

(2015-11-18, 03:29)jurialmunkey Wrote: ATTENTION JARVIS USERS

I just pushed a large update to git. This update adds the new skinshortcuts widgets selection method. This may require you to reselect your widgets. The upside is that this will provide pretty much unlimited widget options.

There are also new aspect ratio selection options for widgets where you can switch between Poster, Square, Thumb, and Fanart.

There are also Weather Fanart and Icon selections options using new Jarvis image resource addons (no need for weather fanart packs any more as you can now select them from a dialog).
Can't wait to try them out and see where I went wrong, haha. Great work!