Kodi Community Forum
Release Arctic: Zephyr - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=221)
+---- Thread: Release Arctic: Zephyr (/showthread.php?tid=217174)

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - ljhookem14 - 2016-03-11

Nvidia Shield running 16.0 Jarvis and I updated to 2.2.8 thru the EPG Repo and not "Available Updates" and i had no problems or freezes. Updated quick and is back up running smooth.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - baruchin - 2016-03-11

I'm still on Kodi 15.2 and today I recieved an update (2.2.8 I think), wich I suppose it's intended for Kodi 16. And I say I suppose, because when it downloaded I got a message telling me that this addon was incompatible with my Kodi setup and if I wanted to disable it. Of course I didn't disabled it but my update is still pending on My Add-ons menu "Updates available". Any suggestions?

I already checked and Artic: Zephyr is still not available on Kodi 16 official repo, so why the update?

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - riccioluca - 2016-03-12

Feature request: i also posted it in the ashes mod, the "add to couchpotato" button in the extended info would really be awesome. Check it http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=228970

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - ljhookem14 - 2016-03-12

Jurial, why is it Everytime I restart KODI my widgets aren't populated? All it takes is for me to fix one widget and then all the widgets seems to begin to work.

On the 2.2.8 Zephyr Update people are seeing:
The 2.2.8 update is coming from the EPG ninja repo and the version is actually 2.2.7 of Arctic Zephyr. He just named it 2.2.8 so people in his clairvoyance build would get an update.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - Hustler1337 - 2016-03-12

(2016-03-12, 16:48)ljhookem14 Wrote: Jurial, why is it Everytime I restart KODI my widgets aren't populated? All it takes is for me to fix one widget and then all the widgets seems to begin to work.

The 2.2.8 update is coming from the EPG ninja repo and the version is actually 2.2.7 of Arctic Zephyr. He just named it 2.2.8 so people in his clairvoyance build would get an update.
I've also been experiencing this. Widgets sometimes fail to load after restarting Kodi and the fallback image is displayed instead. Doesn't happen all the time, but happens quite often. Re-setting the widget in the skin settings seems to fix the issue temporarily before it stops displaying again after a while.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - Edworld - 2016-03-12

(2015-06-19, 01:25)jurialmunkey Wrote: New Viewtypes
Inspired by a couple of the new views in the mods floating around.

Big Wide - Rolodex (Classic mode available from side menu)

And how do I activate the rolodex view?

Thanks

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - Razze - 2016-03-12

(2016-03-12, 14:59)riccioluca Wrote: Feature request: i also posted it in the ashes mod, the "add to couchpotato" button in the extended info would really be awesome. Check it http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=228970

This is nothing that should be added to a skin. If you want this, create a context menu addon.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - riccioluca - 2016-03-12

whatever man, titan skin already implemented it so to each his own.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - baruchin - 2016-03-12

(2016-03-11, 19:14)baruchin Wrote: I'm still on Kodi 15.2 and today I recieved an update (2.2.8 I think), wich I suppose it's intended for Kodi 16. And I say I suppose, because when it downloaded I got a message telling me that this addon was incompatible with my Kodi setup and if I wanted to disable it. Of course I didn't disabled it but my update is still pending on My Add-ons menu "Updates available". Any suggestions?

I already checked and Artic: Zephyr is still not available on Kodi 16 official repo, so why the update?

(2016-03-12, 16:48)ljhookem14 Wrote: Jurial, why is it Everytime I restart KODI my widgets aren't populated? All it takes is for me to fix one widget and then all the widgets seems to begin to work.

So that's where the update is coming. I'm not using a build, but I have epg ninja repo, so that clarifies everything.
jurialmonkey, feel free to delete my post if you have to.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - MKej - 2016-03-13

Hi
I'm running OpenELEC 6.0.3 on Pi2.
What's the lastest version that works on that?

Edit: Nvm... It's 2.0.7

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - Talguy - 2016-03-13

@jurialmunkey, I've been noticing an issue with widgets, only certain widgets, ever since the persistent widgets setup was pushed to github. I has mapped Extended Info's Trakt.tv trending movies to a widget for my movies home item and also did the same thing for TV shows using the trending TV show widget. IT all works great for a while, then after a day of use the widget does not reappear when I hover over one of those home items. It just defaults to the default wiglet (an image). I'm not sure if this is an issue with the skin of extended info. Could be both as persistent widgets might not be allowing extended info to reload new information for this widget. Can you take a look and see whats going on?

Another thing I also notice on the home screen. When the day of the week was Wednesday I noticed that the "W" was cut in half for some odd reason.

Another issue I have been noticing is with the next aired addon that you skinned. The list shows great at first. I have my week starting on Sunday and is displayed in a fanart format with days of the week in columns. The first day of the week seems to be starting one too many columns to the right. When I start to scroll to the right to view my days of the week that are not displayed it works fine until it gets to friday. I'll be able to view friday's upcoming shows but when I right to saturday I get a blank screen. I can page left back to friday and miraculously saturday appears. Can you spend a little time on this to fix it. I really like using the next aired plugin as I no longer have cable TV or a TV guide that tells be able upcoming episodes for my TV shows.

Thanks for all the hard work you've put into this skin. It is absolutely amazing

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - braz - 2016-03-13

@Talguy and JurialMunkey

The disappearing widgets are due to the use of templates I believe. There is a way to use unique IDs and there is a autoreload method to keep them from disappearing.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=178294&pid=2278901#pid2278901

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - baruchin - 2016-03-13

Hi jurialmunkey! I just installed skin github version for my recently updated Kodi 16.1 RC on Fire TV 2. Everything is working amazing, but I have noticed a strange behaviour not present in previous skin versions. While a video is playing, bringing OSD controls is kind of slow, I mean, not super slow but still noticeable. Also, while bringing OSD controls there's a micro pause in video that's almost unnoticeable, but it's certainly present. I don't know if this is due to heavier skin animations, or due to Kodi 16 being more cpu resource intensive. In any case, I think Fire TV 2 has enough power to handle both cases, but maybe I'm wrong.
Again, thank you for your wonderful work for this skin.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - jbaconbits - 2016-03-14

(2016-03-13, 18:18)baruchin Wrote: Hi jurialmunkey! I just installed skin github version for my recently updated Kodi 16.1 RC on Fire TV 2. Everything is working amazing, but I have noticed a strange behaviour not present in previous skin versions. While a video is playing, bringing OSD controls is kind of slow, I mean, not super slow but still noticeable. Also, while bringing OSD controls there's a micro pause in video that's almost unnoticeable, but it's certainly present. I don't know if this is due to heavier skin animations, or due to Kodi 16 being more cpu resource intensive. In any case, I think Fire TV 2 has enough power to handle both cases, but maybe I'm wrong.

Installing skins from a git has always done this on Fire TV, but the official repo version will always work fine. Not sure if it's because of everything being compressed for the repo or not, but it should go away once you get it from the official repo.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - baruchin - 2016-03-14

(2016-03-14, 20:27)jbaconbits Wrote:
(2016-03-13, 18:18)baruchin Wrote: Hi jurialmunkey! I just installed skin github version for my recently updated Kodi 16.1 RC on Fire TV 2. Everything is working amazing, but I have noticed a strange behaviour not present in previous skin versions. While a video is playing, bringing OSD controls is kind of slow, I mean, not super slow but still noticeable. Also, while bringing OSD controls there's a micro pause in video that's almost unnoticeable, but it's certainly present. I don't know if this is due to heavier skin animations, or due to Kodi 16 being more cpu resource intensive. In any case, I think Fire TV 2 has enough power to handle both cases, but maybe I'm wrong.

Installing skins from a git has always done this on Fire TV, but the official repo version will always work fine. Not sure if it's because of everything being compressed for the repo or not, but it should go away once you get it from the official repo.
Really? First time I heard of having a different skin behavior depending of wich method you choose to install it from. But I read you say that this is specifically true with Fire TV? Right? I really hope this is the case, because the video micro pausing I noticed while bringing OSD controls is even more noticeable than I originally thought, and this becomes a big issue for me.