Kodi Community Forum
Release Arctic: Zephyr - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=221)
+---- Thread: Release Arctic: Zephyr (/showthread.php?tid=217174)

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - glenner40 - 2016-03-24

Hi, Really love this skin. When playing a Movie/TV Show how do you get this skin to show if its playing 1080p/720p etc... and 2.0/DTS etc... like it does in the standard Confluence skin. Cheers

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - pusb87 - 2016-03-24

(2016-03-24, 12:13)glenner40 Wrote: Hi, Really love this skin. When playing a Movie/TV Show how do you get this skin to show if its playing 1080p/720p etc... and 2.0/DTS etc... like it does in the standard Confluence skin. Cheers

if im right in thinking what you are asking then you press the OK button to get the video osd then press the up arrow

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - licnexus - 2016-03-24

i love this, but i need some mouse and touch support. will that be available soon?

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - druiz - 2016-03-24

(2016-03-24, 08:46)BobCratchett Wrote:
(2016-03-24, 04:57)druiz Wrote: So I replaced the addons/script.skinshortcuts with your version, where do I find the files that need to be changed with the "widgetReload=" part..

Once you have that branch installed and have a widget selected, click the button to select a widget again and scroll to the bottom of the list that appears and choose 'Custom item'. Then add the relevant widgetReload parameter in the text editor that appears.

That's what I thought when I read you first post, however I do not have "Custom Item" as an option under widgets( at the end).I DO have Custom Widget 1-4, which has been there all along......does that have anything to do with it? I can edit custom widget 1-4 in the Skin settings...

I want to make sure, this is the zip file ? https://github.com/Ignoble61/script.skinshortcuts/archive/widgets.zip

EDIT: Just tried this on my windows machine as well.....I'm pretty sure I put it in the correct folder ( replacing addons/script.skinshortcuts) but still not " custom" option on the widget select screen on the skin settings.....please show me what I am missing Sad

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - BobCratchett - 2016-03-25

(2016-03-24, 18:50)druiz Wrote:
(2016-03-24, 08:46)BobCratchett Wrote:
(2016-03-24, 04:57)druiz Wrote: So I replaced the addons/script.skinshortcuts with your version, where do I find the files that need to be changed with the "widgetReload=" part..

Once you have that branch installed and have a widget selected, click the button to select a widget again and scroll to the bottom of the list that appears and choose 'Custom item'. Then add the relevant widgetReload parameter in the text editor that appears.

That's what I thought when I read you first post, however I do not have "Custom Item" as an option under widgets( at the end).I DO have Custom Widget 1-4, which has been there all along......does that have anything to do with it? I can edit custom widget 1-4 in the Skin settings...

I want to make sure, this is the zip file ? https://github.com/Ignoble61/script.skinshortcuts/archive/widgets.zip

EDIT: Just tried this on my windows machine as well.....I'm pretty sure I put it in the correct folder ( replacing addons/script.skinshortcuts) but still not " custom" option on the widget select screen on the skin settings.....please show me what I am missing Sad

Just checked with the version of Arctic Z I have installed and it shows fine at the bottom of the dialog that shows when I choose 'Widget' from the menu customiser. I don't, though, have the custom widget 1-4 options, so it may be we're using different versions of the skin - only versions using what we refer to as the GUI 312 method of Skin Shortcuts to select widgets will work with the workaround on git.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - druiz - 2016-03-25

(2016-03-25, 08:28)BobCratchett Wrote:
(2016-03-24, 18:50)druiz Wrote:
(2016-03-24, 08:46)BobCratchett Wrote: Once you have that branch installed and have a widget selected, click the button to select a widget again and scroll to the bottom of the list that appears and choose 'Custom item'. Then add the relevant widgetReload parameter in the text editor that appears.

Just checked with the version of Arctic Z I have installed and it shows fine at the bottom of the dialog that shows when I choose 'Widget' from the menu customiser. I don't, though, have the custom widget 1-4 options, so it may be we're using different versions of the skin - only versions using what we refer to as the GUI 312 method of Skin Shortcuts to select widgets will work with the workaround on git.

Can you let me know which version of arctic z you are using and were to find it? I just pulled it out of the standard xbmc adon area for choosing a new skin. I believe it's version 2.0 or 2.0.2 something like that.....

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - BobCratchett - 2016-03-25

(2016-03-25, 20:55)druiz Wrote: Can you let me know which version of arctic z you are using and were to find it? I just pulled it out of the standard xbmc adon area for choosing a new skin. I believe it's version 2.0 or 2.0.2 something like that.....

Version 2.1.2. Can't remember where I got it to be perfectly honest, as I do a lot of work with a lot of versions of a lot of skins - though it will either be the repo or from Jurial's git. It may also be worth grabbing the latest version of the relevant Skin Shortcuts branch as I've just improved the behaviour of the code (though I appreciate that's only relevant if you can actually see the Custom Item option)

(Edit:- The branch now also contains the first-attempt at what will hopefully be the final solution, so you should - if this early version of the code is doing what its meant to be doing correctly - find that plugin-based widgets created with the 'gui 312' method have the relevant reload parameter added to them automatically when they're selected.)

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - DragonQ - 2016-03-26

How do I install this skin? It doesn't appear in the official repository for me. :/

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - Edworld - 2016-03-26

(2016-03-26, 00:30)DragonQ Wrote: How do I install this skin? It doesn't appear in the official repository for me. :/

download from git in first post

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - licnexus - 2016-03-26

i tried adding this In Cinemas, Upcoming, Popular and Top Rated movies
and i did it.. but i don't see the posters and the info.. only these words
In Cinemas, Upcoming, Popular and Top Rated movies

maybe the plugin/addon is not working...can you fix it??

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - druiz - 2016-03-26

(2016-03-17, 21:52)BobCratchett Wrote:
(2016-03-17, 19:08)baruchin Wrote:
(2016-03-13, 17:11)braz Wrote: @Talguy and JurialMunkey

The disappearing widgets are due to the use of templates I believe. There is a way to use unique IDs and there is a autoreload method to keep them from disappearing.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=178294&pid=2278901#pid2278901

Is this related?

Since introducing templates, widgets aren't autoupdating. I have my YouTube subs as a widget but it doesn't autoupdate once I watched a video. I have to either reassign the widget on Home Menu skin settings, or quit and open Kodi again.

We're aware of this issue with skins using Skin Shortcuts templates feature to build widgets, and we're considering options for solving it in the future. As an interim solution, I've PR'd this branch which allows you to edit a widget (Choose Widget, then Custom Item - the last item in the list). With that, you can add one of Skin Helper's reload parameters to the widget path, which will update the widget after media is played.

To install the branch, download the zip and manually extract it, then replace the contents of addons/script.skinshortcuts with the contents of the zip. The addons folder can be found one folder 'up' from the userdata (wiki) folder.

The various reload parameters are detailed here - to use them:-

If the path already has a question mark - ? - in it, at the end of the path add a '&' and...
If the path doesn't have a question mark in it, at the end of the path add a '?' and...

...add widgetReload= and the appropriate widget reload from that post. For example, to refresh after watching a movie only for a path that already has a ? in it, you'd add

Code:
&widgetReload=$INFO[Window(Home).Property(widgetreload-movies)]

Note this won't work for all widgets (extended info widgets, for example, will break with this method). So if the widget stops returning the results you'd expect, delete the parameter you added.

(2016-03-25, 21:36)BobCratchett Wrote:
(2016-03-25, 20:55)druiz Wrote: Can you let me know which version of arctic z you are using and were to find it? I just pulled it out of the standard xbmc adon area for choosing a new skin. I believe it's version 2.0 or 2.0.2 something like that.....

Version 2.1.2. Can't remember where I got it to be perfectly honest, as I do a lot of work with a lot of versions of a lot of skins - though it will either be the repo or from Jurial's git. It may also be worth grabbing the latest version of the relevant Skin Shortcuts branch as I've just improved the behaviour of the code (though I appreciate that's only relevant if you can actually see the Custom Item option)

(Edit:- The branch now also contains the first-attempt at what will hopefully be the final solution, so you should - if this early version of the code is doing what its meant to be doing correctly - find that plugin-based widgets created with the 'gui 312' method have the relevant reload parameter added to them automatically when they're selected.)

Spent all night getting my boxes on Jarvis....this skin widget custom now does display.....using this most recent PR the path ALREADY includes the reload portion HOWEVER i notice that instead of " &widgetreload=" it automatically puts "&reload=" is this correct?

UPDATE...SO CLOSE!!!! added the "widget" part to the path that was missing and now the widget updates anytime I stop video playback, anytime a file is "marked as watched", it does NOT however update when the library picks up new episodes via the sql sever Sad dammit!

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - Flest - 2016-03-26

update for Kodi v17.0 “Krypton” be?

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - Pipsqueak - 2016-03-27

Cannot get the 'Weather Underground' weather addon to display anything using this skin.
Is this a known issue ?
Using Jarvis 16.
Thanks in advance.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - Edworld - 2016-03-27

(2016-03-27, 20:35)Pipsqueak Wrote: Cannot get the 'Weather Underground' weather addon to display anything using this skin.
Is this a known issue ?
Using Jarvis 16.
Thanks in advance.

it works for me

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - jurialmunkey - 2016-03-28

NOTICE Persistent Widgets Update

Hey guys,
Apologies for my absence. Very busy at the moment.

Considering that people are having problems with persistent widgets and content reloading etc., I've added an option in Skin Settings > Home to allow people to disable persistent widgets and revert back to the old method. Simply select "Allow widget reloading" in the home skin settings page.