Kodi Community Forum
Release Arctic: Zephyr - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=221)
+---- Thread: Release Arctic: Zephyr (/showthread.php?tid=217174)

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - thyon - 2016-06-28

I have a huge problem with the skin. All of a sudden (really, no new software or anything), Kodi just doesn't display my TV and Movies menu items. I removed the skin shortcuts folder and restarted it, then it re-loaded artic zephyr and reset the menu, but the TOP level Movie and TV items are missing. Everything else is there, e.g. Settings, Photos, Power, etc. If you go in and edit the skin shortcuts, they are all there (even the Movies and TV items) in the selection menu, so it was correctly reset. But they just don't show up when you back out and go to the HOME (after it saves the skin settings). Something isn't right. I've re-installed Kodi from the installer and re-installed the skin by removing re-adding, but nothing works.

Is there any way to recover from this? Apart from completely dumping my entire library and doing a complete re-scan (which would be a real pain) :-(

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - fresh2death - 2016-06-29

hello everyone,, I have a build and im using ivue tv guide.. the main buttons have been placed vertical and i have rss feed going all the time. Here is my issue when i pay a video on only ivue tv guide i still see the rss feed in the background.. i need that to be removed when playing videos in the guide.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - baruchin - 2016-07-03

Just curious. Has jurialmunkey abandoned this skin? This has been my main skin for Isengard and Jarvis, and with Krypton just a few months away, I wonder if I would be able to still use it.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - loggio - 2016-07-04

(2016-07-03, 20:51)baruchin Wrote: Just curious. Has jurialmunkey abandoned this skin? This has been my main skin for Isengard and Jarvis, and with Krypton just a few months away, I wonder if I would be able to still use it.

I'm not speaking for Jurialmunkey as i have no idea of his situation.

However, although there has been no official announcement of this skin being discontinued, there has been no active development for more than 3 months, nor has Jurialmunkey been active on the forums in that time. The same goes with his other skin Eminence.

I hope that he's well and has just been busy with life. I'm hopeful that he'll get the time to return to skin development for Kodi... But if he chooses to cease activity then i can fully understand that.

I have seen this happen quite a lot of the years.
Maintaining skins is a hard job, requires a lot of time and dedication and more often than not eventually real life has to take precedence, which unfortunately sees a lot of great skins come to an end.

In the mean time, there's a lot of skins out there... Some ok, some great, some not so great... It's a matter of testing and seeing for yourself which ones you like...
Although, it's ironic that the skins i seem to come to love happen to die a lonely death but i guess that's life for ya Tongue

If you're looking for a great alternative, you can try TITAN... Although it might not appear to be what you want when you first install it, don't be turned off...
It has a MAMMOTH amount of customization options available....
It takes a while to cut through all the cheese, but once you get a hold of it you can pretty much tweak it to your liking.

But if you really want Arctic Zephyr, the only real alternative at the moment is to use Braz's Arctic Zephyr mod, which is currently being updated to work on Krypton.
In the mean time, all we can do is wait patiently to hear from Jurialmukey.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Loggio.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - baruchin - 2016-07-04

(2016-07-04, 00:11)loggio Wrote:
(2016-07-03, 20:51)baruchin Wrote: Just curious. Has jurialmunkey abandoned this skin? This has been my main skin for Isengard and Jarvis, and with Krypton just a few months away, I wonder if I would be able to still use it.

However, although there has been no official announcement of this skin being discontinued, there has been no active development for more than 3 months, nor has Jurialmunkey been active on the forums in that time. The same goes with his other skin Eminence.

I hope that he's well and has just been busy with life. I'm hopeful that he'll get the time to return to skin development for Kodi... But if he chooses to cease activity then i can fully understand that.

Maintaining skins is a hard job, requires a lot of time and dedication and more often than not eventually real life has to take precedence, which unfortunately sees a lot of great skins come to an end.

In the mean time, there's a lot of skins out there... Some ok, some great, some not so great... It's a matter of testing and seeing for yourself which ones you like...
Although, it's ironic that the skins i seem to come to love happen to die a lonely death but i guess that's life for ya Tongue

If you're looking for a great alternative, you can try TITAN... Although it might not appear to be what you want when you first install it, don't be turned off...
It takes a while to cut through all the cheese, but once you get a hold of it you can pretty much tweak it to your liking.

But if you really want Arctic Zephyr, the only real alternative at the moment is to use Braz's Arctic Zephyr mod, which is currently being updated to work on Krypton.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Loggio.
You couldn't have written it better. Let's hope jurialmunkey is OK, and wait to hear from him.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - Crssi - 2016-07-04

I hope jurial is OK too.
Braz has great AZ mod and also his MIMIC skin is great too, some tweaks needed but it looks that braz is the most "stable" here in term being active and doing tremendous great job on.

I am using braz's AZ mod, but I am looking into MIMIC for the last few days, where I miss some features for now, but I will get to that on the MIMIC forum section.

Cheers

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - mwake - 2016-07-05

(2016-07-04, 00:11)loggio Wrote:

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Loggio.
Many thx to jurialmunkey for great skin. I just bought my mother her first android box and it is the first thing i did was to install az on it. It's makes kodi less intimidating and fun to use. However, I second the Titan recommendation!! Personally, I don't use az on my own kodi box anymore because of Titan skin. I'm a tinkerer and one day I was trying all the pre installed skins. As I was going through them I didn't think any of them were 'better' than az. The last skin I tried was Titan and at first I found it a little overwhelming but when I looked at the settings I was amazed at the slew of settings available for it. If you love having lots of options and functions then you'll enjoy Titan. That being said I still love az too, it just works.

Sent from my HTC One_M8

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - Deihmos - 2016-07-05

What happened to the github page?

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - loggio - 2016-07-05

I'd say that's it. The end.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - nickr - 2016-07-06

jurialmonkey seems to have disappeared off github, not just this skin.

Puzzling.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - yeroentje - 2016-07-06

Great skin everyone! Really love the look & feel and the way it reacts so quick.

Just one thing that bothers me: is it possible to change the font colour of a selection to black? When you have a really light selection colour, the white text becomes unreadable. Maybe it's not possible, but just to check.

Thanks and keep up the great work!

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - jurialmunkey - 2016-07-07

(2016-07-06, 02:45)nickr Wrote: jurialmonkey seems to have disappeared off github, not just this skin.

Puzzling.

My github account got flagged as a bot for some reason. I think it is working now?

@everyone Apologies for not being around much. Real life/work/study has got in the way recently and I simply have not had enough time to work on skins. I will be updating A:Z to Krypton, so don't worry about the skin being abandoned, just haven't had time to add new features, fix bugs etc.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - luogo - 2016-07-07

Great to hear!

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - Rouzax - 2016-07-07

(2016-07-07, 11:51)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2016-07-06, 02:45)nickr Wrote: jurialmonkey seems to have disappeared off github, not just this skin.

Puzzling.

My github account got flagged as a bot for some reason. I think it is working now?

@everyone Apologies for not being around much. Real life/work/study has got in the way recently and I simply have not had enough time to work on skins. I will be updating A:Z to Krypton, so don't worry about the skin being abandoned, just haven't had time to add new features, fix bugs etc.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - loggio - 2016-07-07

(2016-07-07, 12:36)Rouzax Wrote:
(2016-07-07, 11:51)jurialmunkey Wrote:

Puzzling.

Hahahaha that's the best.