Kodi Community Forum
Release Arctic: Zephyr - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=221)
+---- Thread: Release Arctic: Zephyr (/showthread.php?tid=217174)

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - rykios - 2016-08-09

(2016-08-09, 00:48)asagala Wrote: Are using hubs and widgets?
Hubs never used myself, but widgets and everything else yes all are running fine with alpha3

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - loggio - 2016-08-11

1.There's no recording icon on channels list to indicate when a channel is recording.

Cheers,
Loggio.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - Edworld - 2016-08-22

What file do I need to update if I wish to make changes to "show info overlay"?

I want to include critic consensus and awards won

Thanks

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - elmuziko - 2016-08-24

By far and away my favourite skin for Kodi, always has been and despite looking forward to Krypton exclusive ones, this still thrashes them hands down.

Sadly during the upgrade to Krypton I had to reinstall the skin, then reset it to defaults, not sure if this is by design or not.
In getting AZ back to normal I've now found that my Music Widget, which is set to Random Albums (oddly enough found in common Video widgets), now only shows no information avaiable. If however I find the same album within the albums menu, it'll give me scrapped info from the net.

Any ideas?

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - Magic815 - 2016-08-26

So I'm currently using Kodi 16.1, and the "jarvis" branch from this link on github: https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.arctic.zephyr

I'm noticing that 'skin helper service' is causing Kodi to freeze when I try to exit. From what I can tell, that service is something that installed with Arctic Zephyr. Does anyone else have this issue, or know how I can fix it?

Also, I'm trying to make a widget that points to a list of launchers I made in Advanced Launcher. I used to have this working on my old install (16.0), but now I can't get it working on 16.1 with Arctic Zephyr. Could that issue be skin related as well?

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - bushida87 - 2016-08-27

i´ve my favourites as a widget. if i try to open a favourite nothing happen

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - asagala - 2016-08-28

Just upgraded to Krypton. Works well but library section doesnt open in settings. Works fine on Estuary.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - Malmanian - 2016-08-30

(2016-08-28, 20:02)asagala Wrote: Just upgraded to Krypton. Works well but library section doesnt open in settings. Works fine on Estuary.

* Temporary fix until officially fixed:

in your appdata: addons/skin.arctic.zephyr/1080i/Settings.xml

* SEARCH FOR:

activatewindow(LibrarySettings)

* REPLACE WITH:

ActivateWindow(MediaSettings)

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - Sajk - 2016-09-02

Does anybody know if its possible to make the homebar "thinner"? I would like to have the dark homebar end right at the top of the clock.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - willemd - 2016-09-05

Hi guys!

Since I've switched to the Krypton development versions, I had to change skins. So far, I'm enjoying Arctic Zephyr the most.

I use the following big poster view. However, I have a few nitpicks that I'd like to suggest for change - or to edit myself. (But I don't know how.)

Is there some way to give a little more room for the plot description? Two lines of scrolling text is somewhat short.
Also, is it possible to add the year to the title? Like 'The Godfather (1972)' or something. Especially in playlists with mixed years (like in my screenshot) I think that's really helpful.

Here the same question: could there be a little more room for the plot description? I think that's important for users, more so than the lines for the language flag, or the runtime (which is already in the icons in the bottom). The same for the rating icon ('rated R', 'rated PG' or something), most skins put this in icons instead of text. If this whole list of info could be a bit smaller, there's more room for the plot layout. Perhaps it's an idea to also put the year in brackets right after the movie title?

Another little nitpicking: the runtime icon in the bottom is slightly cropped by the textbox next to it that's showing the amount of minutes. See the screenshot.

Also, there's some error with the Extendinfo script, but I guess that's not something for the skin forum, right?

I understand most of this is a matter of taste and preference, and so maybe I'm the only one who thinks these are improvements. If so, could someone point me to the relevant xml files to edit? I'm kinda new to skin editing, so I need a bit of help. Nerd

Thanks jurialmunkey. I know the above sounds just like criticisms, but actually I really like the skin!

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - willemd - 2016-09-05

One other question: is there some way to turn off the 'next PVR recording' message on the home screen?

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - luogo - 2016-09-09

@jurialmunkey: I have already written in the thread Skin MOD - Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes (Jarvis / Krypton Fixed) [3.2.21 / 4.2.20-alpha6]

One question... are there any known issues installing this skin under LibreELEC (Krypton) v7.90.005 ALPHA?
I tried to install from your skin alpha 6 manually... after a while I get a black screen.

Can I get perhaps here support or a solution for the problem or is LibreELEC not supported with your skin?
It's the same with your skin.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I installed all required addons manually. I think the addon service.library.data.provider-master causes an error and the black screen.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - LloydShow - 2016-09-13

@jurialmunkey hi there is there any way so if I click on Movies home menu it brings up submenu?

EDIT: Just figured this out. I'm using Vertical Menu so in the customise Home Screen I changed the Movie action to "Action(Left)". Now when I click on Movies it automatically brings up my submenu.

Just in case anyone else wants to do the same. If Horizontal screen I would assume enter "Action(Down)"

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - tapesong - 2016-09-13

Is there any way to remove the checkmark from showing up in my movie/TV show libraries, that gets overplayed onto posters when I've watched some? I'd prefer it visually without this.

I've had a look through the settings a few times but can't find an option to toggle this off. Any help would be much appreciated! Smile

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - Mati24 - 2016-09-15

(2016-09-05, 14:40)willemd Wrote: Thanks jurialmunkey. I know the above sounds just like criticisms, but actually I really like the skin!

+1 for all red comments on pics ! Except that it's perfect, thanks