Kodi Community Forum
Release Arctic: Zephyr - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=221)
+---- Thread: Release Arctic: Zephyr (/showthread.php?tid=217174)

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - jurialmunkey - 2017-01-17

(2017-01-15, 12:05)albe Wrote: Morning,
First off, absolutely love the skin, really sweet to setup and use...
My only gripe is with Kiosk mode and auto updates.
I understand that Kiosk mode is designed to lock things down so your mum can't mess with settings, change view mode (by far the best reason for enabling Kiosk mode), install add-ons, configure installed add-ons, etc.
But, pre-installed add-ons can't auto update.
On Kodi 17 releases, with Kiosk mode enabled, recent add-on updates weren't applied and sat waiting in Settings > Add-ons > Available updates
So for all the good that enabling Kiosk mode does by locking things down to reduce potential maintenance due to fiddling, installed add-ons not receiving auto updates means that ongoing maintenance is still required.
I don't know if the skin could auto install available updates for pre-installed add-ons at Kodi launch whilst in Kiosk mode?
Peace.

Kiosk mode doesn't prevent auto updates. It just removes access to certain buttons (like the side view menu and addon config buttons). If things are not auto updating that's to do with your kodi setup, not kiosk mode.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - jurialmunkey - 2017-01-17

(2017-01-16, 19:01)Edworld Wrote: I cant get extrafanart to work, is there a new setting I need to change?

Do you have the git version of skinhelper installed by any chance? There are changes in the upcoming version that haven't hit the repo yet, so I haven't made any changes in the skin until they do. If you have the git version (or a beta from an external repository) of skin helper installed extrafanart won't work because of this reason (i.e. it works fine for me using the official repo version skinhelper).

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - albe - 2017-01-17

jurialmunkey - thanks... I don't know why updates weren't applying for me when Kiosk mode was set but having started up Kodi this morning, all the auto updates went through... so my apologies for my impatience when checking this non-issue - and more thanks for such a fantastic skin.
Peace.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - t3rm1nal - 2017-01-17

Honestly I just have a stupid question... I tried to search about that, but I can't find an answer.

I installed this plugin when it was available inside kodi, then I switched to github release but I can't understand if this keep updating by itself or if I should perform manually an update. Smile

Could someone help me? (i'm worried about new kodi

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - mrwookie - 2017-01-17

(2017-01-17, 12:36)t3rm1nal Wrote: Honestly I just have a stupid question... I tried to search about that, but I can't find an answer.

I installed this plugin when it was available inside kodi, then I switched to github release but I can't understand if this keep updating by itself or if I should perform manually an update. Smile

Can't remember if it does auto update but if worried about it you can turn auto updates on/off per addon by viewing My add ons.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - mrwookie - 2017-01-17

Question of my own here. When viewing cast from a movie or tv series it currently shows the actors name but is there a way to show character they played as well? Example would be Keanu Reeves in The Matrix it's currently shows as just Keanu Reeves rather than Keanu Reeves as Neo? Wondering if it's a setting somewhere or something that needs to be added manually into an xml?

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - Edworld - 2017-01-18

(2017-01-17, 14:56)mrwookie Wrote: Question of my own here. When viewing cast from a movie or tv series it currently shows the actors name but is there a way to show character they played as well? Example would be Keanu Reeves in The Matrix it's currently shows as just Keanu Reeves rather than Keanu Reeves as Neo? Wondering if it's a setting somewhere or something that needs to be added manually into an xml?

I believe you needto mod a file

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - mrwookie - 2017-01-18

(2017-01-18, 01:43)Edworld Wrote:
(2017-01-17, 14:56)mrwookie Wrote: Question of my own here. When viewing cast from a movie or tv series it currently shows the actors name but is there a way to show character they played as well? Example would be Keanu Reeves in The Matrix it's currently shows as just Keanu Reeves rather than Keanu Reeves as Neo? Wondering if it's a setting somewhere or something that needs to be added manually into an xml?

I believe you needto mod a file

Ok thanks did wonder it it was a setting or an edit required.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - t3rm1nal - 2017-01-18

(2017-01-17, 14:42)mrwookie Wrote:
(2017-01-17, 12:36)t3rm1nal Wrote: Honestly I just have a stupid question... I tried to search about that, but I can't find an answer.

Can't remember if it does auto update but if worried about it you can turn auto updates on/off per addon by viewing My add ons.

I tried the manual update. But i'm getting xbmc-depencies error. I'm on 2.2.0. Even changing to confluence skin and redownloading the zip file from github.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - repulse - 2017-01-18

Any way to get transparent header on homescreen ?

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - mrwookie - 2017-01-20

(2017-01-18, 16:41)t3rm1nal Wrote: I tried the manual update. But i'm getting xbmc-depencies error. I'm on 2.2.0. Even changing to confluence skin and redownloading the zip file from github.

When you say you are changing to Confluence are you sure you are on Krypton? You would have had to manually installed Confluence as Krypton comes with Estuary now as standard and Krypton is required for the skin updates.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - Tripp - 2017-01-20

I know this is a crazy question but is there a way to turn off the additional screen actor information in the settings so it's not using that addon? I prefer to see a listing of my library items the actor is in.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - skarragallagher - 2017-01-20

Somewhere along the line, I have lost different views in PVR recording. I used to have a way to change views but more there is just one list view and it's not even in alphabetical order. Anyone have any thoughts. I did update to 17 RC 2 which caused the skin to update I believe

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - ZwartePiet - 2017-01-21

(2017-01-20, 03:43)Tripp Wrote: I know this is a crazy question but is there a way to turn off the additional screen actor information in the settings so it's not using that addon? I prefer to see a listing of my library items the actor is in.

Seconded!

The current method also breaks the skin when used offline. Clicking an actor causes an indefinite loading animation.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - Edworld - 2017-01-21

(2017-01-17, 05:27)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2017-01-16, 19:01)Edworld Wrote: I cant get extrafanart to work, is there a new setting I need to change?

Do you have the git version of skinhelper installed by any chance? There are changes in the upcoming version that haven't hit the repo yet, so I haven't made any changes in the skin until they do. If you have the git version (or a beta from an external repository) of skin helper installed extrafanart won't work because of this reason (i.e. it works fine for me using the official repo version skinhelper).

Nod works now