Kodi Community Forum
Release Arctic: Zephyr - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=221)
+---- Thread: Release Arctic: Zephyr (/showthread.php?tid=217174)

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - matze276 - 2015-02-18

(2015-02-18, 18:16)Weavus Wrote: Wow, the TV and Movie Hubs are great!

Quick question, are you planning on allowing customization on what is displayed in the spotlight panel of the hubs (is that even possible)? I'd love to be able to provide a playlist for the spotlight panel to use rather than just everything in the library (some movies have graphic fanart by default that's not that suitable for small kids to see at random).

Also, the icon for playlists when added to the hub does not have any transparency and looks odd compared to the other icons.

I was also wondering what spotlight exactly means. I think it just shows up a random list of unwatched movies.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - DruTheFu - 2015-02-18

After finding this nice looking skin after its initial release and installing it, I spent a good amount of time going through each setting, and configuring/customizing this skin to my liking. Without this being in the repo (with auto updates) and requiring install via the github, what is the recommended procedure to update this skin to the latest version without losing all of the current settings and customizations? I would hate to lose all of what I've already accomplished.

Thanks for all of your hard work and time developing this skin!

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - Weavus - 2015-02-18

Will there be a Music hub in the future?

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - drivesoslow - 2015-02-18

(2015-02-18, 23:09)DruTheFu Wrote: After finding this nice looking skin after its initial release and installing it, I spent a good amount of time going through each setting, and configuring/customizing this skin to my liking. Without this being in the repo (with auto updates) and requiring install via the github, what is the recommended procedure to update this skin to the latest version without losing all of the current settings and customizations? I would hate to lose all of what I've already accomplished.

The configuration for the skin is not stored in the skin folder and will be retained

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - pseudoheld - 2015-02-18

as soon as this skin has the good old homescreen style back im switching to this as my main skin.
currently still holding off on updating to kodi from xbmc just so i can use arctic mk2 Big Grin
you know how it is one the missus/gf/so gets used to a look Wink

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - jurialmunkey - 2015-02-19

(2015-02-18, 03:06)jbaconbits Wrote: Is there a way you can make the image that's displayed on lists for video addons and whatnot not have fixed dimensions so nothing gets cut off? Other skins will display the full image regardless of the image specs, whereas I notice this and Eminence it's either fixed to poster dimensions or a square in Eminence's case.

Really the only think about the skin that irks me. Smile
I understand the irritation, but using "keep" aspectratio rather than scale has its own aesthetic problems like alignment etc. I'm using 1:1.5 ratio for posters which is themoviedb standard (1000x1500px posters).

I'm also using strict visibility conditions based upon content type. It is the add-ons that abuse content types in order to try and get more viewtypes available. Many will set either movies or episodes as the content type when they dont actually provide suitable artwork (posters for movie content and landscape thumbs/fanart for episodes content). I've changed the thumbnail view to use keep aspect, but the other viewtypes I wont - I fixed a visibility condition in list view that was showing for some content that it shouldn't.

(2015-02-18, 15:13)thrak76 Wrote: 1. Where's the power/exit button?
2. For the audio codecs, can you use an icon instead of "dtshd_ma, truehd", etc?
3. Could you please add the hd-dvd icon as well? I have a sizeable collection, and it hurts (just a little!) to see the dvd icon where I'm used to seeing the hd-dvd one.
4. An option to have a "silent update" of the library when something is playing, or default to silent when something's playing would be nice. Or in fact, just to have most or all notifications silent when something is playing.
1. You have to add it yourself to the menu (I've now included it as a default item from here on as many people seem to ask this). The custom action is
Code:
ActivateWindow(shutdownmenu)
2. Short answer is no. Don't want the skin to become bloated with a ridiculous amount of textures, plus I prefer the text anyway.
3. Will do.
4. This really should be handled by kodi not skins. I know its not really what you are asking for but you can hide progress of library updates in Settings > Video > Library > Hide progress of library updates.

(2015-02-18, 15:23)Talguy Wrote: Not what I meant I really only spotted this issue in the recently added episodes screen, but I guess it applied everywhere else. Jurialmunkey fixed the issue I was talking about.

Also I love the hub feature and loved them in Eminence. Can someone point me to a place that explains all the paths to add for recently added movies, episodes and what not as I need to add the manually to the hub
Yeah the actual priority order of the indicators was wrong which I fixed.

The link you are looking for is: http://kodi.wiki/view/Opening_Windows_and_Dialogs
However, you should be able to add the majority of the paths from the customisation window's right pane -- you just need to change the type of shortcut by selecting the right pane and then pressing up to highlight the spin control arrow and then you can cycle through the different categories of shortcuts (there should be one that shows video library shortcuts).

(2015-02-18, 16:14)magy77 Wrote: What about Clearlogo?
I can't get auto sizing in order to correctly center it in the flag grouplist so I'm not adding it. I will probably add a view type that uses clearlogos however.

(2015-02-18, 18:16)Weavus Wrote: Wow, the TV and Movie Hubs are great!

Quick question, are you planning on allowing customization on what is displayed in the spotlight panel of the hubs (is that even possible)? I'd love to be able to provide a playlist for the spotlight panel to use rather than just everything in the library (some movies have graphic fanart by default that's not that suitable for small kids to see at random).

Also, the icon for playlists when added to the hub does not have any transparency and looks odd compared to the other icons.
Done. Check latest git. Skin Settings > Widgets > Movies hub playlist. Wink
I've changed the icons a bit so that it will only show an icon if you select it from the icon selection dialog which has a bunch of default icons to choose from (it takes a little while to load the first time so don't press the select icon button a million times otherwise you end up with a ton of dialogs!!).

(2015-02-18, 18:31)lysin Wrote: Bug report:

Subtitle selection dialog (for archives containing multiple subtitles) is behind the actual subtitle addon.
Can you test with latest git? Don't have any videos on my laptop that have multiple archived subs - will test later on my loungeroom machine.

(2015-02-18, 23:24)Weavus Wrote: Will there be a Music hub in the future?
Yes.

(2015-02-18, 23:47)drivesoslow Wrote:
(2015-02-18, 23:09)DruTheFu Wrote: After finding this nice looking skin after its initial release and installing it, I spent a good amount of time going through each setting, and configuring/customizing this skin to my liking. Without this being in the repo (with auto updates) and requiring install via the github, what is the recommended procedure to update this skin to the latest version without losing all of the current settings and customizations? I would hate to lose all of what I've already accomplished.

The configuration for the skin is not stored in the skin folder and will be retained
Yep, all skin settings are stored elsewhere so you can safely write over the skin folder without losing any settings. Many people seem to find the easiest way is:
1. Download the zip from github
2. Rename the file so it has a unique name (e.g. rename skin.arctic.zephyr-master.zip to skin.arctic.zephyr-19Feb2015.zip) -- this is important as otherwise it wont install the updated version if the filename matches an older version.
3. Then use the "install from zip" function from inside kodi

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - pseudoheld - 2015-02-19

BUG REPORT:
when downloading subtitles. sometimes you get a .zip file which contains various different subs for the different releases. if you download one of these "packs" the window which shows the different subs contained in the pack is in the background behind the normal subtitle window. so no way to select the subtitle you want.

(2015-02-18, 23:53)pseudoheld Wrote: as soon as this skin has the good old homescreen style back im switching to this as my main skin.
currently still holding off on updating to kodi from xbmc just so i can use arctic mk2 Big Grin
Just a note, don't expect it to be exactly the same...

(2015-02-19, 00:16)pseudoheld Wrote: BUG REPORT:
when downloading subtitles. sometimes you get a .zip file which contains various different subs for the different releases. if you download one of these "packs" the window which shows the different subs contained in the pack is in the background behind the normal subtitle window. so no way to select the subtitle you want.
I have never come across this (zip file subs) - is it a particular subs addon that provides them? Can you test with latest git commit and see if it is still happening - I changed some zorder stuff with the dialog that I think might fix it -- I can't test myself as I can't find any subs that come in a zip.

(2015-02-19, 00:15)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2015-02-18, 18:31)lysin Wrote: Bug report:

Subtitle selection dialog (for archives containing multiple subtitles) is behind the actual subtitle addon.
Can you test with latest git? Don't have any videos on my laptop that have multiple archived subs - will test later on my loungeroom machine.

ok tested it with latest git! works as expected now! thanks!

(2015-02-19, 00:26)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2015-02-18, 23:53)pseudoheld Wrote: as soon as this skin has the good old homescreen style back im switching to this as my main skin.
Just a note, don't expect it to be exactly the same...

sneak peak preview? pretty please? Big Grin

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - furii - 2015-02-19

(2015-02-18, 23:47)drivesoslow Wrote:

Yep, all skin settings are stored elsewhere so you can safely write over the skin folder without losing any settings. Many people seem to find the easiest way is:
1. Download the zip from github
2. Rename the file so it has a unique name (e.g. rename skin.arctic.zephyr-master.zip to skin.arctic.zephyr-19Feb2015.zip) -- this is important as otherwise it wont install the updated version if the filename matches an older version.
3. Then use the "install from zip" function from inside kodi
4. Restart kodi.

just as an fyi there's no need to restart kodi. as long as you're giving it a unique name kodi will update and reload it properly.

(2015-02-19, 01:19)furii Wrote: just as an fyi there's no need to restart kodi. as long as you're giving it a unique name kodi will update and reload it properly.
Edited instructions. Couldn't remember if you had restart/reload or not, been so long since I've installed a skin that way....

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - DerGary1991 - 2015-02-19

(2015-02-18, 15:13)thrak76 Wrote: 1. Where's the power/exit button?
2. For the audio codecs, can you use an icon instead of "dtshd_ma, truehd", etc?
3. Could you please add the hd-dvd icon as well? I have a sizeable collection, and it hurts (just a little!) to see the dvd icon where I'm used to seeing the hd-dvd one.
4. An option to have a "silent update" of the library when something is playing, or default to silent when something's playing would be nice. Or in fact, just to have most or all notifications silent when something is playing.
1. You have to add it yourself to the menu (I've now included it as a default item from here on as many people seem to ask this). The custom action is
Code:
ActivateWindow(shutdownmenu)
2. Short answer is no. Don't want the skin to become bloated with a ridiculous amount of textures, plus I prefer the text anyway.
3. Will do.
4. This really should be handled by kodi not skins. I know its not really what you are asking for but you can hide progress of library updates in Settings > Video > Library > Hide progress of library updates.

I think 4. isn't true if you are using confluence for example the library udpate "bar" is shown while in menu but not while playing a video file. It's the same with eminence.

I think the Code to look at is in DialogExtendedProgress.xml. The Visibility Attribute is set to

Code:
<visible>!Window.IsActive(DialogKaiToast.xml)</visible>

but in eminence it looks like:

Code:
<visible>!Window.IsVisible(DialogProgress.xml)</visible>
<visible>!Window.IsVisible(DialogKaiToast.xml)</visible>
<visible>!Window.IsVisible(DialogOK.xml)</visible>
<visible>!Window.IsVisible(DialogYesNo.xml)</visible>
<visible>!Window.IsVisible(fullscreenvideo)</visible>
<visible>!Window.IsVisible(visualisation)</visible>

I actually don't know what that means exactly but i think it will be not visible while fullscreenvideo, visualisation and the dialogs. Big Grin I copied the code from eminence and replaced the one of arctic and now the library update is not longer shown while playing video.

Also i changed the Aspect Ratio of the Poster on the Wall View from 1.58 to 1.5 and changed the small posters size regardingly from 1.45 to 1.48.
I created a pull request in case you want to adopt my changes, you can find it here: https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.arctic.zephyr/pull/2 (the pull requests doesn't contain the visibility changes of the Library Update)

I really like the skin but somehow the OSDs bother me a little, somehow they don't really fit to the overall look of the skin I think.
Especially the Music Info OSD, i would have rather less information on there. I would rather just see Artist, title and length. I just tried to make a concept with PS but i'm no designer so its not really much of a style difference. But maybe it would be possible to use a textured background or something? I just leave this here, if you agree with me maybe it gives you an idea Big Grin

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - ferent - 2015-02-19

I like it!

(2015-02-19, 01:45)DerGary1991 Wrote: I think 4. isn't true if you are using confluence for example the library udpate "bar" is shown while in menu but not while playing a video file. It's the same with eminence.

Also i changed the Aspect Ratio of the Poster on the Wall View from 1.58 to 1.5 and changed the small posters size regardingly from 1.45 to 1.48.
I created a pull request in case you want to adopt my changes, you can find it here: https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.arctic.zephyr/pull/2 (the pull requests doesn't contain the visibility changes of the Library Update)

I really like the skin but somehow the OSDs bother me a little, somehow they don't really fit to the overall look of the skin I think.
Especially the Music Info OSD, i would have rather less information on there. I would rather just see Artist, title and length. I just tried to make a concept with PS but i'm no designer so its not really much of a style difference. But maybe it would be possible to use a textured background or something? I just leave this here, if you agree with me maybe it gives you an idea Big Grin
All I was saying is that hiding the extendedprogress shouldn't really be forced by skins, and should be optional in the Video Settings. I'm going to change the visibility because I think it make sense to hide for fullscreen video. Also you only need the fullscreenvideo and visualisation vis conditions - the others are there because in eminence there used to be an overlap between certain dialogs.

I commented on github about your change to poster wall. Basically you did the calculations wrong because you didn't account for 10px of padding with the poster. I know the aspect for the big poster is wrong and its something that annoys me too -- still trying to figure out what to do about it, but getting the aspect wrong for the smaller posters is an even worse problem.

I like what you did with the osd, but I'm not going to change it I'm afraid. I know from experience that people are going to want the additional info it currently provides, and then I end up in an options jungle trying to accomodate everyone. Best response I can give is to encourage modding Wink