Kodi Community Forum
Release Arctic: Zephyr - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=221)
+---- Thread: Release Arctic: Zephyr (/showthread.php?tid=217174)

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - hacky4real - 2015-02-21

Good job mate! Is the any post on colour schemes for this beautiful skin here?

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - Kokonutcreme - 2015-02-21

(2015-02-18, 01:16)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2015-02-17, 09:22)dmbkiwi Wrote: I've enabled clearlogos in Skin Settings, but they aren't showing anywhere. Do I need to do something else to get this working?
You need to scan your library with Artwork Downloader with the clearlogo option set for movies. The skin only shows logos for movies currently as I'm having troubles with auto sizing the space so that it is centred properly when next aired info is enabled.

Sorry if I'm missing the obvious, but where in skin settings is the option to enable clearlogos?
I can't see it.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - jurialmunkey - 2015-02-21

I removed it because there are a couple of issues with it that ive been unable to resolve. If I think of a way to fix them then I will add it back.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - thrak76 - 2015-02-21

Hi jurialmunkey.

Thanks for giving us a skin that has me excited about git pulls again! lol

I've been working with the TV Hub. I set up the playlist in the widgets section of skin settings. I also set a custom action for the tvshows button within the hub. When the widget in the hub is cycling, the details along the bottom don't correspond like they do with the movie hub (SD/HD, rating, stream details, etc). I just get "SD" and a rating. Nothing else during the cycling of the widget. Maybe you could pull the NextAired info for this area? Also, the "share" icon that you use for the top entry in the hubs (movies and tvshows) seems a little off. I know you're not intending for it to mean "share", but that's what I believe most people would think at first. Maybe an appropriate movie slate or tv icon?

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - Kokonutcreme - 2015-02-21

(2015-02-21, 14:55)jurialmunkey Wrote: I removed it because there are a couple of issues with it that ive been unable to resolve. If I think of a way to fix them then I will add it back.

Thanks Jurial

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - seveneleven - 2015-02-21

(2015-02-20, 22:33)seveneleven Wrote:
(2015-02-20, 19:42)magy77 Wrote: When i choose nothing by the menu widget configuration it always shows the privious widget not nothing.
i also have huge loading time for the widgets, using Openelec 5.0.2
Do you get the "Widget Loading" message for 30 or 40 seconds? I am also on openelec 5.02 and have this problem.
Quote:I use openelec and dont get these loading times. Regardless, this is handled by the service.library.data.provider plugin not the skin.
Are you using network shares for content. I know that there can be long load times with these. However, once the content is loaded it should be cached and only take a second or two to update. With local content it only takes 2 seconds make on my main machine.

I know the old skin.widgets plugin was faster in terms of this sort of thing as it precached everything at startup, but the freedom the new methods provide is so much greater and so much less code than skin.widgets.

I am using NAS for my files, but I have never really noticed much of a lag with widgets. There is a similar lag in the settings menu of the skin "conq". I am sure you are right with it having to do with service.library.data.provider I didnt have it in my default repo so I had to search online to find it, I added it myself, maybe its not current?

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - arbl - 2015-02-21

(2015-02-21, 18:05)seveneleven Wrote:
(2015-02-20, 22:33)seveneleven Wrote:
(2015-02-20, 19:42)magy77 Wrote: When i choose nothing by the menu widget configuration it always shows the privious widget not nothing.
i also have huge loading time for the widgets, using Openelec 5.0.2
Do you get the "Widget Loading" message for 30 or 40 seconds? I am also on openelec 5.02 and have this problem.
Quote:I use openelec and dont get these loading times. Regardless, this is handled by the service.library.data.provider plugin not the skin.
Are you using network shares for content. I know that there can be long load times with these. However, once the content is loaded it should be cached and only take a second or two to update. With local content it only takes 2 seconds make on my main machine.

I know the old skin.widgets plugin was faster in terms of this sort of thing as it precached everything at startup, but the freedom the new methods provide is so much greater and so much less code than skin.widgets.

I am using NAS for my files, but I have never really noticed much of a lag with widgets. There is a similar lag in the settings menu of the skin "conq". I am sure you are right with it having to do with service.library.data.provider I didnt have it in my default repo so I had to search online to find it, I added it myself, maybe its not current?

I experienced this too. It wasn't there in the first couple of versions tho.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - allard1992 - 2015-02-21

If I enter the movie library at the first time it lags. If I leave and enter again the library the lag(stutter) is gone. I've now about 150 movies. Thats the only lag at the moment in this skin. I've just installed Radeonpro and set the screenfrequence. I hope that the repo fixed this tiny problem. Keep it going JM love your skin. It's now my new skin after using Arctic mkii with much pleasure.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - seveneleven - 2015-02-21

I will have to try to grab a video of whats happening. The best I can explain is every time I move to a new menu screen the widget sits and spins "widget loading" if I decide to wait for it to populate, move away to another menu screen, then come back the same process happens over again.

Loading the movie library takes no time at all. The lag is all with the widgets and the skin customization menu.

I love this skin! Its exactly what I have been hoping for, however I cant use it because of this lag. Hopefully we can figure out whats happening?

Thanks

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - drivesoslow - 2015-02-21

Skin is looking awesome. On the classic menu can we have the option where the recently added items don't appear until you press up like mkII had?

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - Ovokx - 2015-02-21

Just testing this great skin, but I can't find the way to activate the "dark/square" theme. Any help, please?

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - josch - 2015-02-21

(2015-02-21, 20:31)Ovokx Wrote: Just testing this great skin, but I can't find the way to activate the "dark/square" theme. Any help, please?

Settings -> Appearance -> Skin -> Theme/Colours

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - Smobbo - 2015-02-21

The skin looks great and I love the fact that the classic widget is back (a big plus on the WAF)!
However I noticed that I can only use a fallback wallpaper folder with the new widget, could you also enable this for the classic widget?
I like to have one static background on the homescreen, some of the fanart is quite distracting or bright, which I don't like Wink .

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - qyxs - 2015-02-21

Hey I'm having an issue with the customization.

If I remove everything in the menu other than 'Movies/TV Shows/Music/Settings', movies disappears. And the widget from TV shows also displays when i'm hovering over settings.

I can provide some screenshots if necessary.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - jurialmunkey - 2015-02-21

(2015-02-21, 15:37)thrak76 Wrote: Hi jurialmunkey.

Thanks for giving us a skin that has me excited about git pulls again! lol

I've been working with the TV Hub. I set up the playlist in the widgets section of skin settings. I also set a custom action for the tvshows button within the hub. When the widget in the hub is cycling, the details along the bottom don't correspond like they do with the movie hub (SD/HD, rating, stream details, etc). I just get "SD" and a rating. Nothing else during the cycling of the widget. Maybe you could pull the NextAired info for this area? Also, the "share" icon that you use for the top entry in the hubs (movies and tvshows) seems a little off. I know you're not intending for it to mean "share", but that's what I believe most people would think at first. Maybe an appropriate movie slate or tv icon?
Can only pull next aired info in library view unfortunately. However, the reason why its not showing codec info is because your smart playlist content type is set to "tvshows" not "episodes". You need to use an episodes smart playlist for the tv hub widget (tvshows type works, but you will have the issues you have encountered and there isn't really a way for me to check what type of playlist it is).

I changed the default icons. You can also set your own icons for the items in the customisation screen (Hub Items > Select Icon) as you probably dont want to reset your hub items now that you've customised them. The select icon dialog can take a moment or two to populate the first time so just give it a couple of seconds (if you hit ok multiple times you will end up with multiple dialogs!)

(2015-02-21, 18:05)seveneleven Wrote: I am using NAS for my files, but I have never really noticed much of a lag with widgets. There is a similar lag in the settings menu of the skin "conq". I am sure you are right with it having to do with service.library.data.provider I didnt have it in my default repo so I had to search online to find it, I added it myself, maybe its not current?
It depends on the skin - different skins use different methods for widgets. Library data provider is definitely on official repo as multiple skins on official repo use it (its in the services section of addons).

Can you try with using one of the skin supplied playlist options as a widget (Skin Settings > Customise > Select Widget > Scroll down to bottom for (Skin Playlist) Random Movies).

Can you also try using a custom widget with the path:
Code:
videodb://recentlyaddedepisodes/
or
Code:
videodb://recentlyaddedmovies/

You can set custom paths in Skin Settings > Widgets. Then select the custom widget you set. IF these load much quicker then it definitely points to a problem with library data provider over a network.

(2015-02-21, 19:31)drivesoslow Wrote: Skin is looking awesome. On the classic menu can we have the option where the recently added items don't appear until you press up like mkII had?
Already planned Wink

(2015-02-21, 22:29)Smobbo Wrote: The skin looks great and I love the fact that the classic widget is back (a big plus on the WAF)!
However I noticed that I can only use a fallback wallpaper folder with the new widget, could you also enable this for the classic widget?
I like to have one static background on the homescreen, some of the fanart is quite distracting or bright, which I don't like Wink .
You should already be able to do this, I added the option yesterday - I just had to sort out a few visibility condition bugs first.

(2015-02-21, 22:45)qyxs Wrote: Hey I'm having an issue with the customization.

If I remove everything in the menu other than 'Movies/TV Shows/Music/Settings', movies disappears. And the widget from TV shows also displays when i'm hovering over settings.

Customisation of home menu is handled by script.skinshortcuts, not the skin - I just skin the dialog. I can suggest using the option to reset the menu to defaults and then try again - you probably have some weird override condition left over from another skin that also uses skin shortcuts (it tries to share menus between skins)