Kodi Community Forum
Release Arctic: Zephyr - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=221)
+---- Thread: Release Arctic: Zephyr (/showthread.php?tid=217174)

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - hoopsdavis - 2015-03-04

(2015-03-02, 00:38)jurialmunkey Wrote: Added some themoviedb.org trending windows - id 3204 (movies) and id 3205 (episodes) -- selectable from common shortcuts in the home customisation dialog.

3204 shows In Cinemas, Upcoming, Popular and Top Rated movies
3205 shows Today, Airing, Popular, Top Rated episodes

Jurial, how do I get this setup, I'm not having luck.

Settings > Skin Settings > Home Customization Menu > (Select Movies and Choose Shortcut) > Common > Movies (Common shortcuts)

Didn't work for me

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - locomot1f - 2015-03-04

just wanted to say, love the loading flower bloom!!!

effin' beautiful Big Grin

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - DruTheFu - 2015-03-04

@jurialmunkey -

Big fan of your skins. Appreciate all the time and work you put into these (A:Z and eminence).

Having now played with both of these skins, with all of the customization that can be performed, there almost seems like a fine line where as these two separate skins are in essence the same. It's getting harder to choose which one I use, and which one I prefer over the other. I almost wish you had a wiki with a chart and side by side comparison table listing the features and differences between the two.

Damn you for skinning two skins that make it feel like I need to choose one kid over the other.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - Discomanhenk - 2015-03-04

@jurialmonkey
Yep extendedinfo script Phil65,Nessus version 10.0.5 is installed.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - Smobbo - 2015-03-04

(2015-03-04, 15:19)hoopsdavis Wrote:
(2015-03-02, 00:38)jurialmunkey Wrote: Added some themoviedb.org trending windows - id 3204 (movies) and id 3205 (episodes) -- selectable from common shortcuts in the home customisation dialog.

3204 shows In Cinemas, Upcoming, Popular and Top Rated movies
3205 shows Today, Airing, Popular, Top Rated episodes

Jurial, how do I get this setup, I'm not having luck.

Settings > Skin Settings > Home Customization Menu > (Select Movies and Choose Shortcut) > Common > Movies (Common shortcuts)

Didn't work for me
Are you sure you're up to date? For me it's the first one in the list under common.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - SpawnSP - 2015-03-04

Hi!

First of all, a big thank you to jurialmunkey for those awesome skins.

Recently I'm having a problem regarding fanart not downloading from main screen, when fanart is not still cached to disk. I've checked the logs and I'm finding these messages for every fanart that is trying to load:

Code:
22:15:24 T:140408654919424 WARNING: Create - unsupported protocol(image) in image://http%3a%2f%2fcf2.imgobject.com%2ft%2fp%2foriginal%2fjihMKGWilrgy0VWJyopstqFw3Ti.jpg/

When I go to movies section and select any movie, fanart downloads and displays on the background, and since then it also displays on the home screen (once it's cached).

I've found this issue also on Eminence, but I've not tried other skins. Maybe it's not strictly a skin issue, but a problem with some script that the skin is using for fanart downloading. Movie posters are downloading and caching OK.

I've searched the forum and found about a python script that fixes the cache file, but I've not used it. I've deleted the Textures13.db file and the Thumbnails folder instead, to start from scratch, but the issue still persists.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!!

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - bsoriano - 2015-03-04

jurial,

This skin is fantastic, thank you!

I have a couple of requests for your consideration, which are the only things missing for me so I can use this skin in all my Kodi installations:

1. In the movie info dialog, could you add audio language and subtitle language information (either flags or three letter abbreviations?)
2. Today you have an "Artwork Downloader" button that downloads each type of artwork individually. Could you add also the ability to run Artwork Downloader in automatic mode (all artwork for the current movie or current tv show)?

Thank you for considering my requests.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - jurialmunkey - 2015-03-04

(2015-03-04, 15:19)hoopsdavis Wrote: Jurial, how do I get this setup, I'm not having luck.
Didn't work for me
Are you using git or repo version? It was added in 1.0.8 (edit: which apparently is on the repo now)
If you are using 1.0.8 then it should be in Common Shortcuts, but if it isn't you can use ActivateWindow(3204) or ActivateWindow(3205) as a custom command.

(2015-03-04, 17:48)locomot1f Wrote: just wanted to say, love the loading flower bloom!!!
effin' beautiful Big Grin
Yeah, I had meant to switch to a gif loader for a while (rather than a rotate animation of a static image because apparently the rotate animation is quite heavy on the rpi) and I thought that one was pretty awesome.

(2015-03-04, 19:21)DruTheFu Wrote: @jurialmunkey -

Big fan of your skins. Appreciate all the time and work you put into these (A:Z and eminence).

Having now played with both of these skins, with all of the customization that can be performed, there almost seems like a fine line where as these two separate skins are in essence the same. It's getting harder to choose which one I use, and which one I prefer over the other. I almost wish you had a wiki with a chart and side by side comparison table listing the features and differences between the two.

Damn you for skinning two skins that make it feel like I need to choose one kid over the other.
Thanks Smile

I would say Arctic has more features -- namely support for extendedinfo script and option for classic widget view. Eminence has a much stronger emphasis on using the hubs. Eventually eminence will fully support mouse/touch whereas Arctic never will. The goal with Eminence is that it can be used across all devices from small to large screens, whereas Arctic is specifically made for a loungeroom setting with TVs 42" and up (my specific usage requirement Wink ).

So basically.
Arctic: extendedinfo, classic widgets, unlimited home customisation through skin shortcuts, only suits large TVs, no mouse support.

Eminence: eventually will have full mouse/touch support, suits a range of devices including smaller TVs, greater customisation options in terms of colour themes, doesn't use skin shortcuts so limited number of home items, no submenus as it replaces them with hubs.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - jurialmunkey - 2015-03-04

(2015-03-04, 23:25)SpawnSP Wrote: Hi!

Recently I'm having a problem regarding fanart not downloading from main screen, when fanart is not still cached to disk. I've checked the logs and I'm finding these messages for every fanart that is trying to load:

Code:
22:15:24 T:140408654919424 WARNING: Create - unsupported protocol(image) in image://http%3a%2f%2fcf2.imgobject.com%2ft%2fp%2foriginal%2fjihMKGWilrgy0VWJyopstqFw3Ti.jpg/

When I go to movies section and select any movie, fanart downloads and displays on the background, and since then it also displays on the home screen (once it's cached).

I've found this issue also on Eminence, but I've not tried other skins. Maybe it's not strictly a skin issue, but a problem with some script that the skin is using for fanart downloading. Movie posters are downloading and caching OK.

I've searched the forum and found about a python script that fixes the cache file, but I've not used it. I've deleted the Textures13.db file and the Thumbnails folder instead, to start from scratch, but the issue still persists.

Yeah this isn't a skin issue - either a kodi issue or something specific to your setup. I've never encountered this myself so I dont really have any suggestions other than I know that there is a script which will re-cache all your artwork and I've used that before successfully when I had issues with cached artwork being incorrect or corrupted (which is the one I think you are talking about).

(2015-03-04, 23:41)bsoriano Wrote: 1. In the movie info dialog, could you add audio language and subtitle language information (either flags or three letter abbreviations?)
2. Today you have an "Artwork Downloader" button that downloads each type of artwork individually. Could you add also the ability to run Artwork Downloader in automatic mode (all artwork for the current movie or current tv show)?
1. Do you know what skin shows this information so I can have a look at what code is used? - I don't have many movies with multiple audio language streams or multiple embedded subs.
2. I don't really think this is necessary as you can run Artwork Downloader for your whole library - the buttons in the dialog are for changing specific artwork. However, I will add an option that I had in eminence that runs Artwork Downloader after a library update.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - DruTheFu - 2015-03-05

Code:

I've encountered this within my logs as well. But I'm thinking my issue is related to an SMB write access issue I'm experiencing from Kodi on my AFTV to my Windows 8.1 machine. I'm going to try and swap my sources from SMB to NFS and see if this helps clear up some issues I'm experiencing.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - bsoriano - 2015-03-05

(2015-03-04, 23:57)jurialmunkey Wrote:

Code:

Yeah this isn't a skin issue - either a kodi issue or something specific to your setup. I've never encountered this myself so I dont really have any suggestions other than I know that there is a script which will re-cache all your artwork and I've used that before successfully when I had issues with cached artwork being incorrect or corrupted (which is the one I think you are talking about).

(2015-03-04, 23:41)bsoriano Wrote: 1. In the movie info dialog, could you add audio language and subtitle language information (either flags or three letter abbreviations?)
1. Do you know what skin shows this information so I can have a look at what code is used? - I don't have many movies with multiple audio language streams or multiple embedded subs.
2. I don't really think this is necessary as you can run Artwork Downloader for your whole library - the buttons in the dialog are for changing specific artwork. However, I will add an option that I had in eminence that runs Artwork Downloader after a library update.

jurial,

You could take a look at Aeon Shednox Helix, or Aeon MQ 5, they both show audio language and subtitle language info in the movie info dialog. Thank you!

Regards,

Bart

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - furii - 2015-03-05

1.0.8 was on the repo yesterday. i got tired of updating via zip and switched over myself. still waiting on a damn git addon for openelec... Smile

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - jurialmunkey - 2015-03-05

(2015-03-05, 00:14)furii Wrote: 1.0.8 was on the repo yesterday. i got tired of updating via zip and switched over myself. still waiting on a damn git addon for openelec... Smile
Ahh I thought it had only been updated to 1.0.6 -- I asked for latest revision, but the PR message said 1.0.6 so I wasn't sure, but looking at the actually changelog in the official repo shows it is indeed 1.0.8

The difference between git and repo versions shouldn't be too great now - development speed will slow down a bit now that I've covered all the main things with the skin (plus I'm back at uni so not as much free time).

(2015-03-04, 19:29)Discomanhenk Wrote: @jurialmonkey
Yep extendedinfo script Phil65,Nessus version 10.0.5 is installed.
Extended info is nowhere near version 10.0.5 -- repo version is currently 2.0.3 and git version is 2.0.4 -- Also from you stating that it is the Nessus version leads me to believe you have a very old version of extendedinfo that was used for movie set info and the like -- that has actually now been renamed to script.skin.info.service. The new version of extendedinfo is a replacement for metadata actors.

You need to delete the version you have and install the one from the official repo.
Addons > Get Addons > Helper Addons > Extendedinfo

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - furii - 2015-03-05

(2015-03-05, 00:30)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2015-03-05, 00:14)furii Wrote: 1.0.8 was on the repo yesterday. i got tired of updating via zip and switched over myself. still waiting on a damn git addon for openelec... Smile
Ahh I thought it had only been updated to 1.0.6 -- I asked for latest revision, but the PR message said 1.0.6 so I wasn't sure, but looking at the actually changelog in the official repo shows it is indeed 1.0.8

The difference between git and repo versions shouldn't be too great now - development speed will slow down a bit now that I've covered all the main things with the skin (plus I'm back at uni so not as much free time).

yup, that was my reason for switching over to repo. it's basically perfect for my needs now Big Grin

cheers again on a great skin.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - colbert - 2015-03-05

Amazing skin, incredible!