Kodi Community Forum
Release Arctic: Zephyr - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=221)
+---- Thread: Release Arctic: Zephyr (/showthread.php?tid=217174)

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - dalben - 2015-03-14

It's now close to perfect. Can't see myself using another skin.

The only minor thing for me is when using custom widgets and I have a playlist showing, when I give a show focus, the shows name text is quite small over on the right. Mid it could be the same size as the episode name that would make viewing in a smaller TV a bit easier. Though the logo would be better, I can understand if that doesn't fit the look and feel

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - wolfodeiwolfy - 2015-03-14

(2015-03-14, 02:12)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2015-03-13, 23:29)wolfodeiwolfy Wrote: Hi, I've just reinstall kodi and your great skin.

I've got an issue with movie spotlight widget. A lot of movies do not have fanart on home screen (but they exist when i got to them in library) I check library data provider but no option for backgrounds.
Not sure. I know some people have issues with the fanart not caching properly with library data provider but I'm not sure what the solution is. You could try using one of the included playlists as the widget instead - down the bottom of the selectable widgets in the home customisation screen. There are playlists for random and new - the only one you cant do is recommended.

Thanks for answering. I did that with a modified playlist because "recommanded" show me unplayed and unfinished movies. By the way, it works very well with a playlist. But I would prefer to use "built-in" widgets.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - somawhite402 - 2015-03-14

(2015-03-13, 23:29)wolfodeiwolfy Wrote: Hi, I've just reinstall kodi and your great skin.

I've got an issue with movie spotlight widget. A lot of movies do not have fanart on home screen (but they exist when i got to them in library) I check library data provider but no option for backgrounds.

I've had this happen a few times... If I recall right I managed to get them showing by setting the content of the video sources to None, selecting No when prompted to update the source and then resetting the content back to TV or Movies and allowing a rescan when prompted. With music I think I had to remove the source entirely and re-add it to get the fanart to show up.

Edit: I completely failed to notice the post above! That's probably an easier way of doing it lol

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - baba420 - 2015-03-14

I have a problem on all my systems (windows, mac, rpi2). I don't get a thumbnail of my movies in the spotlight widget, it always shows that "play" logo.

http://imgur.com/a/UZ0QO

What am I doing wrong? As far as I know I have all the required artwork.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - hoopsdavis - 2015-03-14

when watching recorded tv, why isn't the shows description or image visible when selecting "info"? Only the title shows.

This info shows when watching streaming media from a video addon

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - Edworld - 2015-03-14

(2015-03-07, 07:45)jurialmunkey Wrote: @Edworld

In Includes_Furniture.xml

underneath this part (line 341)
Code:
<control type="image">
    <width>64</width>
    <centertop>50%</centertop>
    <height>64</height>
    <texture colordiffuse="Dark1">flags/imdb.png</texture>
    <visible>!IsEmpty(ListItem.Top250)</visible>
</control>

add this
Code:
<control type="label">
    <width>60</width>
    <height>64</height>
    <label>$INFO[ListItem.Top250,[B]#,[/B]]</label>
    <font>TinyBold</font>
    <aligny>center</aligny>
    <textcolor>Dark1</textcolor>
</control>

Not sure if this still works with version 1.1.5. I copied it over and can't get it to appear after the IMDB label. If you have time, can you please check?
thanks

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - Woppie - 2015-03-14

I think I'll revert to my way for channel groups which I proposed; this font type is just to small to read for me.
Even with my glasses on I'm barely able to read it, just 1 or 2 sizes up would help enormously.
Or a vertical option would help which would allow for a larger font just like this pic;

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - jbaconbits - 2015-03-14

Can you add regular list view for video addons? I think it was available in earlier versions.

Big List is sort of inefficient since it only displays 5 items.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - bakito - 2015-03-14

thanks for your answers jurialmunkey, I sure hope advanced launcher will be still working on as I think it really an excellent ( and convenient) add on...I understand your position not wanting to waste your time....wait and see!
as for the widget, when I am prompt for the new label ( I imagine it means the address of advanced launcher) what am I supposed to enter here?
Again thanks for your work and dedication to the community !
cheers!

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - dalben - 2015-03-15

label is the name you want to give menu option.
Shortcut is the predefined action
Custom action is where you do something sexier like ActivateWindow(somereferencehere)

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - jurialmunkey - 2015-03-15

(2015-03-14, 07:31)Damac10 Wrote: Thanks a million. Skin just keeps getting better and better...Just found the option to choose a custom loading animation. Awesome stuff...Wonder if we could also get a option for Tiles on main menu similar to Eminence. Icons and flat options are great!! Also loving widget pulling Movie/Series info from Trakt in Trending Widgets....
I think show icons on home is as far as it will go. Its gotta stay distinct from Eminence Wink

(2015-03-14, 08:53)dalben Wrote: It's now close to perfect. Can't see myself using another skin.

The only minor thing for me is when using custom widgets and I have a playlist showing, when I give a show focus, the shows name text is quite small over on the right. Mid it could be the same size as the episode name that would make viewing in a smaller TV a bit easier. Though the logo would be better, I can understand if that doesn't fit the look and feel
The text is small because I figure its fairly obvious what the show is from the poster. I have considered using clearlogos in the classic widgets however - still playing around with the idea.

(2015-03-14, 11:23)baba420 Wrote: I have a problem on all my systems (windows, mac, rpi2). I don't get a thumbnail of my movies in the spotlight widget, it always shows that "play" logo.

What am I doing wrong? As far as I know I have all the required artwork.
Not sure. Can you try with one of the provided widget playlists - if it works for a playlist then it points to some issue between library.data.provider and your setup.

(2015-03-14, 17:55)hoopsdavis Wrote: when watching recorded tv, why isn't the shows description or image visible when selecting "info"? Only the title shows.

This info shows when watching streaming media from a video addon
I am of the impression that this has never worked for recorded shows in any skin - pretty sure its a kodi limitation. If you know of a skin that shows this info can you point me to it as I would like to see what code they use.

(2015-03-14, 18:12)Edworld Wrote:
(2015-03-07, 07:45)jurialmunkey Wrote: @Edworld

In Includes_Furniture.xml

underneath this part (line 341)
Code:
<control type="image">
    <width>64</width>
    <height>64</height>
    <texture colordiffuse="Dark1">flags/imdb.png</texture>
</control>

add this
Code:
<control type="label">
    <width>60</width>
    <height>64</height>
    <label>$INFO[ListItem.Top250,[B]#,[/B]]</label>
    <font>TinyBold</font>
    <aligny>center</aligny>
    <textcolor>Dark1</textcolor>
</control>

Not sure if this still works with version 1.1.5. I copied it over and can't get it to appear after the IMDB label. If you have time, can you please check?
thanks
Should still work. Check that you aren't adding it to the hub flags instead of the normal ones - there is a separate include for the hub flags.

(2015-03-14, 18:20)Woppie Wrote: I think I'll revert to my way for channel groups which I proposed; this font type is just to small to read for me.
Even with my glasses on I'm barely able to read it, just 1 or 2 sizes up would help enormously.
Or a vertical option would help which would allow for a larger font just like this pic;
There is an option for a larger font size in Appearance Settings > Font

(2015-03-14, 20:15)bakito Wrote: thanks for your answers jurialmunkey, I sure hope advanced launcher will be still working on as I think it really an excellent ( and convenient) add on...I understand your position not wanting to waste your time....wait and see!
as for the widget, when I am prompt for the new label ( I imagine it means the address of advanced launcher) what am I supposed to enter here?
Again thanks for your work and dedication to the community !
cheers!
I agree it is excellent.
What is the path that you used in persona? It will be the same..

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - dalben - 2015-03-15

(2015-03-15, 02:39)jurialmunkey Wrote: The text is small because I figure its fairly obvious what the show is from the poster. I have considered using clearlogos in the classic widgets however - still playing around with the idea.

That all depends if I'm looking for my shows or being instructed by the kids and/or wife for their shows.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - anime513 - 2015-03-15

Quick question regarding the navigation sound. Is it suppose to sound like a razor or static when browsing quickly? For example, when I hold any of the arrow keys down for more than a second. I'm guessing it's just the sound clip playing rapidly in succession. Not a big deal, just a small nuisance while browsing.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - nicki365 - 2015-03-15

watch gallery

I was wondering if you could add an option in settings/furniture to include the movie,tv,song library stats like the above imgs on the home screen. I switched from Eminence and I feel like this is one of the only things I miss about the other skin. I don't use the weather with clock option so this would be a nice alternative.

(If you don't want to add this option into the skin could you possibly tell me how/where to add it myself?)

Thanks jurialmunkey

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - jurialmunkey - 2015-03-15

Skin settings > home > show header