Kodi Community Forum
Release Arctic: Zephyr - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=221)
+---- Thread: Release Arctic: Zephyr (/showthread.php?tid=217174)

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - drsynister - 2015-02-08

Was a huge fan of mkii, glad to see this. I tested it out and an extraordinarily impressed with what I saw.
A quick question, any chance to see a view similar to this one from mkii?

Something like a short list with poster and plot? Or a longer list with plot included somehow?

Keep up the great work!

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - mark2112 - 2015-02-08

I tried to figure this out but can't. How would I make a custom widget simply to point a folder to show random landscapes on the homescreen or should I wait until you add the background options?

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - TjaLfE - 2015-02-08

How do you plan to design the PVROSDCHANNELS?

They are not showing as of now.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - hoopsdavis - 2015-02-08

Jurial, you know what I'm looking for. Smile I'm sure you just haven't gotten around to it but please don't forget "Next Scheduled Recording"

One other thing I've notice, the media counts don't show on the home screen any longer, I can only see it when I go into menus like "Settings" and "Weather"

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - iAMl3dgend - 2015-02-08

Hey jurialmunkey a small request can you make the finish time visible when on pause?

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - Voodoo411 - 2015-02-08

Hi. Are you gonna add logo/clearart to some of the views like the Arctic mkII? I'd love to see them.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - bakito - 2015-02-08

Just tested it and it is wonderful!! Nice job and thank you!
Cheers

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - locomot1f - 2015-02-08

@HoopDavis, the media count is configurable under the skin settings -- Show Header option.

@jurialmunkey -- my requests is probably close to mark2112. will there be an option like in Eminence to show your own artwork on the homescreen?
or like mark2112 is saying, would that be a widget option at this point?

(2015-02-08, 17:05)locomot1f Wrote: @HoopDavis, the media count is configurable under the skin settings -- Show Header option.

@jurialmunkey -- my requests is probably close to mark2112. will there be an option like in Eminence to show your own artwork on the homescreen?
or like mark2112 is saying, would that be a widget option at this point?

Thanks locomot1f

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - furii - 2015-02-08

(2015-02-08, 05:22)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2015-02-08, 03:43)furii Wrote: one bug i've noticed is that for some reason in the movie spotlight widget several movies show blank posters even though they show up in the movie library properly. perhaps stranger still is that i've also noticed that when the same movie pops up in the recently added movies widget the poster shows up. any idea what the problem might be?

Can you test with latest git? I switched to using data provider for all the widgets.

that seems to have fixed it Smile

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - Rantanplan-1 - 2015-02-08

Nice Work!

Like the Colors.

Would prefere it if the widgets chanche with the Focused Cathegorys (insted of have to push up to choose)

Miss some Views from Arctic, specialy the one with Fanart on the left side with text underneath and Posters on the right (Pict in skinstaging Tread)
But as you said, more views will come. :thumb:

Im not a huge fan of the Thumbnail view (especialy the unfocus Borders) i think i knew why u did go that way, but may it would look better if you would show only a panel underneath the Poster/Cover and chance its color + show border around the Poster if on Focus.

No Idea Why, but i have to set the "visible" for the "settings" Main menu item once to true (Instead of stringcompare Master User) in scriptshortcuts.xml to see the item. once i've done it, i was abel to chanche it back and it still worked.

Regards.

Jurial (or anyone who knows) is there a way to change the Big Icon view, instead of seeing the last item to the left of the arrow, can that be changed to not show the continuing row?

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - furii - 2015-02-08

just going to throw a few things out for your to-do list:
  • takes a second for the widget to change when switching sections. would be nice if this was instantaneous. not sure if this was a conscious decision, oversight, or limitation of library.data.provider.
  • setting widget to none doesn't seem to work. i set it to none for the program section and it continues to show the movie spotlight.
  • i'm sure it's on the agenda but it would be nice if the regular list view was available in files. it would be nice to see more than 5 items at at time.
  • settings is missing from the customization section. i noticed a blank item in my submenu so i did a reset and now all those options are MIA Smile not that i mind because i was debating about deleting them anyway but others might not feel the same way.
  • unwatched option is a little counterintuitive. i think it would make more sense to title it hide watched.
  • scrollbars should be hidden if there's nothing to scroll.
  • top left corner of the movie/tv info page is blank. i believe this should be fanart? it shows the episode thumbnail for episode info.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - pseudoheld - 2015-02-08

holy smokes.
first of all thanks a lot. i really like the clean cut look (not rounded corners)

i know this is alpha alpha but here is some feedback anyhow.
I really would like to see the old panel view from homescreen implemented. i always loved that arctics homescreen was very functional. you can see the recently added episodes/movies with one look without have to scroll through them. so that would be great Wink maybe have the fanart switch between the episodes/movies but have all the recents show up like in arctic mk2

^this homescreen type of view! Wink

also watched states are not showing up next to episodes/movies but im sure you are aware of that.

otherwise im really looking forward to see where this is going.
keep it up!

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - bzzt - 2015-02-08

Amazing skin dude!

It would be nice to be able to add custom playlists as menu-items on the mainscreen. I usually have different playlists for my kids Smile