Kodi Community Forum
Release Arctic: Zephyr - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=221)
+---- Thread: Release Arctic: Zephyr (/showthread.php?tid=217174)

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - xbishop - 2015-03-26

(2015-03-25, 11:18)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2015-03-25, 02:11)xbishop Wrote: This skin is the best I've used in years, it'd just be great if it included the window in the top right corner of 1080XF's skin when the OSD is brought up.

Like this (weather:-7C) (current time:3:18) (end time:4:01)
As it stands I can't see the progress without pausing or bringing up the info box by hitting up on the OSD. I could spare the 2-5px to optionally have the bar on top of the OSD (or behind the OSD).
The endtime display is a wife dealbreaker because she wants to know exactly when something will end at a glance and liked that about 1080XF.
As quite a few people want this feature, I've added it on latest git. The clock now shows the finish time next to it -- I think having the weather is a little excessive though. The clock will now also show when just the osd controls are up.

Awesome, thank you! Any chance of getting an optional thin progress indicator on or behind the OSD? It'd still be minimalistic.

I agree, weather might be a little excessive.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - jurialmunkey - 2015-03-26

(2015-03-25, 12:04)bigwillch Wrote: That's great advice, thanks! Will definitely try a playlist and will add the return option manually. Have donated you some beer money.

The Library Data Provider episode issue has been fixed now in the latest version, however the random movie refresh issue remains. Will ask on their forum about it.

@mikkelnl - I'm on RPI2 and find the widget loading very fast, with only about a second of the loading animation. Guessing it could be down to the speed of the sd card you're using?
Thanks! Much appreciated Smile

I actually prefer the playlist option for random movies, not only because it refreshes everytime, but also because it has a rule to not show movies played in the last two weeks - that way I dont see any movies in it that I recently watched, but I still get old favourites that I haven't watched in a while popping up which is what I really want from a random movies widdget.

I'm not sure whats going on for mikkelnl as data provider is supposed to cache items, so after the first load it should only take a second or two max after the initial load.

(2015-03-25, 19:55)im85288 Wrote: How do you feel about adding a few more widget options? In my older skin the ones I particularly liked were ones for BBC IPlayer (popular,sport,scifi, documentaries and music) and a few more from the extended info script (namely engadget, eurogamer and mobile tech reviews)
I added them locally but thought I would see if they were of interest to you (and would therefore submit a pull request).
BBC IPlayer is region blocked afaik, so not really suitable for default widgets. Plus the custom widgets allow for setting a widget from any video library path by simply going to the side menu and setting the custom widget -- rather than add widget options some people will be unable to use, I would rather just add a couple more custom widget options so that there are four which gives plenty of room for customisation.

I don't see engadget, eurogamer and mobile tech in the extendedinfo script? Are you sure they aren't from other addons?
If they're just video addons then I would rather just leave it up to users to set the paths as custom widgets themselves - gives much greater flexibility.

(2015-03-25, 20:08)furii Wrote:
(2015-03-25, 11:18)jurialmunkey Wrote: Can you try with either "(Skin Playlist) New Episodes" or "(Skin Playlist) New Movies" as the widget? Sometimes using a playlist option can provide better performance than library data provider depending on your setup.
i'm curious about two things. 1) are these options in the repo version 1.1.5? it didn't look like it from what i saw and 2) is the new episodes playlist more similar to recently added or in progress? i don't necessarily mind the delay on the widgets but if i could get in progress without a delay it would be ideal.
1. Yeah they are. I've noticed that sometimes you have to wait a bit for them to show up - sometimes you have to go out of the select widget dialog and then reselect it -- the playlists are down the bottom, if they arent showing then press back and choose select widget again until they show up.
2. They just show recently added regardless of watched status. In progress episodes isn't really possible with a playlist. However there is a playlist "(Skin Playlist) Recently Watched TV Shows" which will show the tvshows you have recently watched in order of when they were last watched - I actually find this more useful as sometimes I will rewatch a show and forget to mark it unwatched first, or I will start in the middle of a season, or I will watch an episode on another device - so the ongoing episode wont show the episode I want anyway. With the recently watched tv shows playlist, I get quick links to the library paths of my most recent watched shows, where I can then select the episode I want.

(2015-03-26, 00:50)xbishop Wrote: Awesome, thank you! Any chance of getting an optional thin progress indicator on or behind the OSD? It'd still be minimalistic.
I think seeing the finish time is enough of an indicator of progress. If you want more detailed info then you will have to press up or pause

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - im85288 - 2015-03-26

(2015-03-26, 01:24)jurialmunkey Wrote: BBC IPlayer is region blocked afaik, so not really suitable for default widgets. Plus the custom widgets allow for setting a widget from any video library path by simply going to the side menu and setting the custom widget -- rather than add widget options some people will be unable to use, I would rather just add a couple more custom widget options so that there are four which gives plenty of room for customisation.

I don't see engadget, eurogamer and mobile tech in the extendedinfo script? Are you sure they aren't from other addons?
If they're just video addons then I would rather just leave it up to users to set the paths as custom widgets themselves - gives much greater flexibility.

Thanks I never knew how to work the custom widgets and having just tried again I still cannot work it out...when I click on Skin Settings->Widgets->Custom widget 1 it only allows me to set a label...cannot for the life of me work out how to get it to set to a video addon or any other path for that matter.

The engadget, eurogamer and mobile tech are via the youtube search of the extended info script. Here's the full urls:

Code:
<value condition="StringCompare(Container(300).ListItem.Property(widget),extendedinfo.eurogamer)">plugin://script.extendedinfo?info=youtubeusersearch&amp;&amp;id=Eurogamer</value>
        <value condition="StringCompare(Container(300).ListItem.Property(widget),extendedinfo.engadget)">plugin://script.extendedinfo?info=youtubeusersearch&amp;&amp;id=Engadget</value>
        <value condition="StringCompare(Container(300).ListItem.Property(widget),extendedinfo.mobiletechreview)">plugin://script.extendedinfo?info=youtubeusersearch&amp;&amp;id=MobileTechReview</value>

(2015-03-26, 03:11)im85288 Wrote:
(2015-03-26, 01:24)jurialmunkey Wrote: BBC IPlayer is region blocked afaik, so not really suitable for default widgets. Plus the custom widgets allow for setting a widget from any video library path by simply going to the side menu and setting the custom widget -- rather than add widget options some people will be unable to use, I would rather just add a couple more custom widget options so that there are four which gives plenty of room for customisation.

Thanks I never knew how to work the custom widgets and having just tried again I still cannot work it out...when I click on Skin Settings->Widgets->Custom widget 1 it only allows me to set a label...cannot for the life of me work out how to get it to set to a video addon or any other path for that matter.

The engadget, eurogamer and mobile tech are via the youtube search of the extended info script. Here's the full urls:

Code:
<value condition="StringCompare(Container(300).ListItem.Property(widget),extendedinfo.eurogamer)">plugin://script.extendedinfo?info=youtubeusersearch&amp;&amp;id=Eurogamer</value>
        <value condition="StringCompare(Container(300).ListItem.Property(widget),extendedinfo.engadget)">plugin://script.extendedinfo?info=youtubeusersearch&amp;&amp;id=Engadget</value>
        <value condition="StringCompare(Container(300).ListItem.Property(widget),extendedinfo.mobiletechreview)">plugin://script.extendedinfo?info=youtubeusersearch&amp;&amp;id=MobileTechReview</value>
Thats the path that it sets.. I just need to change it so the keyboard heading says "Set path". It can use any path you would use for content. Im thinking of compiling a list of custom paths people can use so those youtube search paths will be useful.

However the easier way (assuming you're using the git version) is just to open the actual addon to the path you want to use and then open the side view menu and choose "set custom widget path"

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - gabana - 2015-03-26

If all Movie's are set to watched and nothing "new" is in the Movie Section there is a big Nothing Wink
maby there can be a Feature if no News atm, then this empty box can autmaticly switch to last watched or something else ?

The other Thing is i'm a bit confused what about this Information? Is it a rnd Info, because sometimes there is a Movie Comany, an Artist or somtehing else.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - ztoner - 2015-03-26

Hi jurialmunkey!!

I'm really new to Kodi but picking up fast as I've moved from MEEDIO.
I really must say your skin absolute awesome!!
Simple and clean look with ALOT of power behind B)

I have a perhaps odd question, If a main menu item does NOT have a shortcut is there a way to make it show the submenu upon selection instead?
So that the main Item will just work as a "header" for the submenu.
Some code mod I can do myself?
I know pressing down shows the submenu and I'm perfectly happy with that if its a fuzz making it work this way.

Anyway BIG thanks again for all your GREAT work <3

@ztoner - read the frequently asked questions thread, it has your answer

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - kevlinmannen - 2015-03-26

I made a small modification to the default now playing screen

If anyone else wants it

- download this image and save it as albumart.png
- put it in the folder "skin.artic.zephyr/media/diffuse"
- download this xml file and save it as MusicVisualisation.xml
- put it in the folder "skin.artic.zephyr/1080i"

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - kevlinmannen - 2015-03-26

(2015-03-26, 11:35)gabana Wrote: The other Thing is i'm a bit confused what about this Information? Is it a rnd Info, because sometimes there is a Movie Comany, an Artist or somtehing else.

Its the director

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - gabana - 2015-03-26

(2015-03-26, 13:56)kevlinmannen Wrote:
(2015-03-26, 11:35)gabana Wrote: The other Thing is i'm a bit confused what about this Information? Is it a rnd Info, because sometimes there is a Movie Comany, an Artist or somtehing else.

Its the director

Ah ok Thx.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - hacky4real - 2015-03-26

Hi Jurialmunkey, thanks for making this skin minimal and fluid. However there some lag issues in some part of the UI especially on lower powered devices such as Intel atom CPUs.
1) could you improve the cache of thumbnails and other elements in the skin
2) if possible could you introduce an option to control the UI animations. Eg More animations, Less animations, No animations
Thanks

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - Sequel - 2015-03-26

Hello, i'm new to kodi etc.
Yesterday i have download your skin, and installed, but now is my backpicure gone, after i setup the skins.
(The guy that sit in the sofa) Now it is only white.
How i get back?

Grts brom Belgium

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - starkun - 2015-03-26

Hi! sorry for my bad lang Angel
Can you make support of plexbmc? i mean widgets for each category in plex and funarts.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - Razze - 2015-03-27

Thanks for the new update!

However, I hoped the blue box bug (loading animation) would be gone - it isn't.
So I thought I bring this up Wink