Kodi Community Forum
Release Arctic: Zephyr - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=221)
+---- Thread: Release Arctic: Zephyr (/showthread.php?tid=217174)

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - Razze - 2015-04-07

(2015-04-07, 11:06)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2015-04-07, 09:49)Razze Wrote:
(2015-04-07, 04:47)jurialmunkey Wrote: Yep library data provider. Its strange how I never seem to have problems with it but heaps of others do Confused

I'm not sure why. Which systems are you using? MySQL Backends? (All data helps)
Could be service.library.data.provider or any scrapper filling the database.
I'll try to look into it later today.
OpenELEC on the htpc, Fedora on the laptop. OpenELEC machine has local files on usb drives, standard local library database and uses Universal Movie scraper (though no problems when I was using default moviedb scraper either - just switched for imdb top250 stuff). Laptop has local database with content via samba.

Nothing fancy, no shared databases or NAS storage or anything like that.

So it happens when kodi can't read the streamInfo for the file. Might be due to nfs or my network storage. Don't know.

I've added a fallback to the scrapped value for episodes and movies.
https://github.com/BigNoid/service.library.data.provider/pull/31

So this will improve things, however it's not an 100% solution, as it still happens, that there is no duration. Same as with the rating.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - Bram77 - 2015-04-07

I absolutely love this skin. Wouldn't mind a few more views for file views (youtube i.e.). Other then that.... it should be the new standard kodi skin. Confluence feels outdated compared to this.

Re: RE: Arctic: Zephyr - nickr - 2015-04-07

(2015-04-07, 23:31)Bram77 Wrote: I absolutely love this skin. Wouldn't mind a few more views for file views (youtube i.e.). Other then that.... it should be the new standard kodi skin. Confluence feels outdated compared to this.

+1

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - Edworld - 2015-04-07

(2015-04-07, 23:50)nickr Wrote:
(2015-04-07, 23:31)Bram77 Wrote: I absolutely love this skin. Wouldn't mind a few more views for file views (youtube i.e.). Other then that.... it should be the new standard kodi skin. Confluence feels outdated compared to this.

+1

+1

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - colbert - 2015-04-08

(2015-04-07, 04:47)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2015-04-06, 21:12)colbert Wrote: Just checking, but I went through all the views and (talking Movies section here) Media info with Extra Info checked seems to be the only way to see runtime, any possibility to add that to other views? I don't know about others but runtime is a much more useful bit of info than say, rating. Thanks for your help !
Should be way more views than that: List, Wide, Big Wide, Cards, Extra Info, Media Info
The only ones that dont are Icons, Big Icons, Thumbs, and Big List

Though I do have a change coming to the flags (on git) that will show duration instead of video codec for those views that don't have a duration in the list.

I checked and those views don't show runtime, unless I have some setting wrong or something? Examples: http://i.imgur.com/vuQ3s1e.png and http://i.imgur.com/F7ARQ2H.png. Here is Media info with Extra info checked: http://i.imgur.com/GjYO3Xi.png I love the runtime beside the star, if that view (maybe jut Media info without Extra info for the right column, or just List view) could be possible that would be great.

(2015-04-07, 04:47)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2015-04-07, 19:40)colbert Wrote: Any way to have weather has the widget on main menu? I have no widgets on any item (Movies, TV, etc.) so I'm in skin settings > customise main > Widgets, could I put something in Custom widget 1 and have weather just stay on the main menu then as the widget? I don't find the default widget scrolling through movies to be useful for me so just checking, thanks !
There are a couple of different options. If you set the slideshow path then the default widget wont show. Then you can select show weather widget from home options. Alternatively you can set individual backgrounds/slideshows for each menu item individually. The last option is if you set weather fanart in skinsettings > backgrounds then set each individual menu item widget to weather in the home customisation screen. Each eay acheives a slightly different result in terms of what is displayed as the background.

Thanks, for Show weather widget that is always greyed out for me. (I have Set slideshow path set since I installed the skin)

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - furii - 2015-04-08

@colbert: my guess is there's something wrong with your database. in the wide view with extra info checked from your first screen i have the runtime listed between the year and rating. in the media info view with extra info unchecked, as in your second screen, i have the runtime to the left of the watched status. all the views jurial listed as showing the runtime show it properly for me. maybe retry scanning your movies into the database.

edit: very strange, i just noticed that your third screen showing media info view with extra info checked you have the runtime where a rating should be. something is definitely messed up on your end...

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - jurialmunkey - 2015-04-08

@colbert change yr sort method to by title. Labels change depending on sort method.

Weather option is greyed out likely because weather is already set to show with clock in furniture settings so showing the widget would be unnecessary double up.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - DruTheFu - 2015-04-08

(2015-04-07, 21:02)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2015-04-07, 16:13)DruTheFu Wrote:
(2015-04-07, 04:47)jurialmunkey Wrote: Unless I'm misunderstanding, what is wrong with adding the path for the combined widget as a custom widget path then adding the custom widget to the menu item? (Customise > Select Widget > Custom 1)

Thanks for the reply.

In a previous post, you suggested using the code:

Code:
plugin://service.library.data.provider?type=randommovies+randomepisodes&reload=$INFO[Window.Property(randommovies)]$INFO[Window.Property(randomepisodes)]

I created "Custom 1" using this suggested code within Settings > Skin Settings > Widgets, but I don't see where/how to implement this to the "Home" screen Spotlight. I figured out that I can implement this to Home screen menu items (i.e. "Movies", "TV Shows", etc), but I haven't figured out how to do this for the overall Home screen Spotlight specifically.

Maybe I'm missing something....

Thanks for your continued help.
Are you saying that you want it in the selector at the top of the screen? I dont see much point to that because you can just change between them there anyway?

You are correct. I would like the Home screen Spotlight to cycle through random movies & random episodes concurrently, by default, as an option selection. I see that I can select "either/or" individually, but I would like to cycle through both at the same time.

Thanks again

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - Razze - 2015-04-08

(2015-04-08, 16:15)DruTheFu Wrote:
(2015-04-07, 21:02)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2015-04-07, 16:13)DruTheFu Wrote: Thanks for the reply.

In a previous post, you suggested using the code:

Code:
plugin://service.library.data.provider?type=randommovies+randomepisodes&reload=$INFO[Window.Property(randommovies)]$INFO[Window.Property(randomepisodes)]

I created "Custom 1" using this suggested code within Settings > Skin Settings > Widgets, but I don't see where/how to implement this to the "Home" screen Spotlight. I figured out that I can implement this to Home screen menu items (i.e. "Movies", "TV Shows", etc), but I haven't figured out how to do this for the overall Home screen Spotlight specifically.

Maybe I'm missing something....

Thanks for your continued help.
Are you saying that you want it in the selector at the top of the screen? I dont see much point to that because you can just change between them there anyway?

You are correct. I would like the Home screen Spotlight to cycle through random movies & random episodes concurrently, by default, as an option selection. I see that I can select "either/or" individually, but I would like to cycle through both at the same time.

Thanks again

Well you could modify one menu point to use something like
Code:
<content target="video">plugin://service.library.data.provider?type=randommovies+randomepisodes&amp;reload=$INFO[Window.Property(randommovies)]$INFO[Window.Property(randomepisodes)]</content>
See the examples here: https://github.com/BigNoid/service.library.data.provider

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - User 227213 - 2015-04-09

I've being loosing my head into the custom widget (never touch scripting before), i'm trying to display as a widget
- The last movies added in a specific playlist for my main Movies section,
- The on-going movie on another playlist for my Kids Movie section.
Is this possible?

Sorry for the dumb question, but i've been jumping from post to post to try finding a solution.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - three80 - 2015-04-09

(2015-04-09, 00:58)Flubber Wrote: I've being loosing my head into the custom widget (never touch scripting before), i'm trying to display as a widget
- The last movies added in a specific playlist for my main Movies section,
- The on-going movie on another playlist for my Kids Movie section.
Is this possible?

Sorry for the dumb question, but i've been jumping from post to post to try finding a solution.

If you create the playlist for each of your needs then add those as a favorite does it then let you add those as a widget?

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - User 227213 - 2015-04-09

I got a playlist for each, for kids is choupyfilm, when i select the on-going movie widget it also shows my on-going film. Same for last add my films playlist shows the last cartoon i add for my kids.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - marv_el - 2015-04-09

great skin. i finally found a skin to replace aeon nox, which looks wonderful and is ready to use.

i have two questions tho:
1) how can i start a dvd? i didn't find a button anywhere.
2) music visualisation doesn't work at all. i have chosen every vis addon using the settings and the OSD, but nothing happens.

cheers!

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - Tanem - 2015-04-09

(2015-03-27, 05:09)GoogleRocks! Wrote:
(2015-03-27, 01:45)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2015-03-27, 00:57)Razze Wrote: Thanks for the new update!

However, I hoped the blue box bug (loading animation) would be gone - it isn't.
So I thought I bring this up Wink

I have never seen this before. What system are you running? What exactly happens, does it just show as a frame of the animation or is there no animation at all? Have you tried changing the animation in Skin Settings > Extras > Busy loader animation?

Very strange Huh

(2015-03-27, 03:27)kevlinmannen Wrote:
(2015-03-27, 01:45)jurialmunkey Wrote: I have never seen this before. What system are you running? What exactly happens, does it just show as a frame of the animation or is there no animation at all?

I've had this same bug, updating to the latest git fixed it though, I'm on an 8.1 machine and there is the animation but it is off centre and the whole box is blue

The animation loads on every menu button change where there is a widget loading, typically up to one half or a full second. I use the dark theme so I get a black background behind the spinner and the "Content Loading" text. All seems normal to me, however it is an annoying distraction and leaves the impression that the skin is lagging. It may be important feedback on low powered devices, but perhaps a timer delay before activating the pre-load animation for a minimum of one or one and a half seconds would be more appropriate for all.

I'm running Helix 14.2-RC1 in Windows 8.1 64 bit on a Quad Core2 HTPC with 8G RAM + 2G Video RAM, so nothing over the top either.

I find it also very distracting, especially when i go through my Movies. Everytime when i click to see the VideoInfo-Dialog, for a half Second the busy-timer shows up (bevor the dialog).
I really love this skin, but GoogleRocks! is right, it leaves a bit the impression that the skin is lagging.
Is there any way to fix this or to hide the dialog in this particular case?

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - meridius - 2015-04-09

Hi there any news on the screen shot I posted any chance of some disc art