Kodi Community Forum
Release Arctic: Zephyr - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=221)
+---- Thread: Release Arctic: Zephyr (/showthread.php?tid=217174)

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - mkvelidadon - 2015-05-01

(2015-04-30, 03:05)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2015-04-30, 01:49)mkvelidadon Wrote: A widget for YouTube would be great. For example, a widget that shows the latest videos from channels you're subscribed to.
You can add any video path as a custom widget by opening up that particular place then opening the side menu and selecting "Set custom widget path". Then add that custom widget to your home screen via the usual method.
So for instance, you can open youtube, go into Popular Right Now and then press left to open the side menu and set that as a custom widget. Then add that to your home menu and you will have a widget showing popular youtube vids.

Worked great. Thank you!

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - dalben - 2015-05-01

(2015-05-01, 11:43)ztoner Wrote: 1.) Backup Skin?

How can I backup the skin shortcuts/state? I had a perfect home menu then used the Backup addon, started new with a clean fresh install of kodi, then used backup addon to restore kodi to previous state (testing)
then when I enter home menu its like it was, but then skinshortcuts steps in and resets to default menu

Yeah, I love this idea. I have 4 kodi setups. I tend to play and configure on my PC then when I hav what I want, manually replicate to the other 3. It would be great to be able to backup the skin settings and restore/copy to the other. Devices.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - Guilouz - 2015-05-01

First Preview, not finish

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - t2ffn - 2015-05-01

(2015-05-01, 17:04)namtih Wrote: Thanks. But it seems that I'm missing something.
I've downloaded the package and unzipped it.

I set "Settings => Skin options => background" the weather fanart.
And "Settings => Main menu => Customize main menu => Weather => background" to Multi-Image.

So "Weather" on the homescreen shows a weather fanart now. But it's not the current condition (forecast = cloudy <=> image = beach) and the image is changing all the time. So it seems that it is just showing an random image.
The goal was to show the "Yahoo Weather" informations for my city as a background.

Try changing:

And "Settings => Main menu => Customize main menu => Weather => background" to Multi-Image.

to

And "Settings => Main menu => Customize main menu => Weather => background" to None

This is how mine is set up and it still cycles 'weather condition specific' background images. Also, the images are 'close' to the condition, but mine is "broken clouds" but shows a varied mix of skies, aspects but all are broken clouds if you knew that was the condition. Some look less cloudy than others, if you know what I mean. I have the weather type shown next to the clock too, so I can see the text label and then it all makes sense.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - fukboi - 2015-05-01

(2015-05-01, 02:54)fukboi Wrote: For some reason I can not open the "customise home menu" submenu not sure what the issue is any help would be nice thanks.

Quote: Strange not sure what the problem could be.

I wasn't able to locate the issue, I just fresh installed a new kodi and is working fine;

was there an update recent update? that may have caused it.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - somawhite402 - 2015-05-01

Quote:Ill double check when im home, but big wide should have a watched indicator already.. is it missing with extra info turned on? Mightve overlooked that.

Indeed. It is only missing with Extra Info turned on. There's also quite a bit of repeated info on there when using it as an episode view... Airdate, episode title, and runtime are on there twice for example. I'm sure not all that many people are using it as an episode view so it's probably not been noticed. If it requires too much fiddling around to change it I'll have a look at doing it myself at some point.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - tapesong - 2015-05-01

This looks absolutely incredible on my TV, thank you so much!

I've installed ExtendedInfo onto Kodi however it doesn't work - whenever I click on a movie within the 'Cinema' widget for example, it gives me an error of 'ExtendedInfo Script failed'. The script doesn't seem to work at all, and it was installed from the offical repo. Does anyone know why?

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - jurialmunkey - 2015-05-02

(2015-05-01, 11:43)ztoner Wrote: Hi jurialmunkey.

As I'm rather new to kodi so I have now tied every skin around, and I must say this is the skin I compare all the others with.

LOVE IT !!

two questions:

1.) Backup Skin?

How can I backup the skin shortcuts/state? I had a perfect home menu then used the Backup addon, started new with a clean fresh install of kodi, then used backup addon to restore kodi to previous state (testing)
then when I enter home menu its like it was, but then skinshortcuts steps in and resets to default menu.

2.) Custom Widget

Would it be possible for an option to show the the widget items in random style?

anyway thanks for a great skin!!

// Richard
1. Im not sure about this. Might be worthwhile to ask in the skinshortcuts thread in the skinning forum.

2. Not possible afaik Im afraid.

(2015-05-01, 17:04)namtih Wrote: Thanks. But it seems that I'm missing something.
I've downloaded the package and unzipped it.

I set "Settings => Skin options => background" the weather fanart.

So "Weather" on the homescreen shows a weather fanart now. But it's not the current condition (forecast = cloudy <=> image = beach) and the image is changing all the time. So it seems that it is just showing an random image.
The goal was to show the "Yahoo Weather" informations for my city as a background.
Set the widget for that menu item to weather.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - namtih - 2015-05-02

(2015-05-01, 22:24)tapesong Wrote: I've installed ExtendedInfo onto Kodi however it doesn't work - whenever I click on a movie within the 'Cinema' widget for example, it gives me an error of 'ExtendedInfo Script failed'. The script doesn't seem to work at all, and it was installed from the offical repo. Does anyone know why?
Had the same issue. You will probably find the following error in the kodi log:
Code:
ImportError: No module named PIL

The standard addon "script.module.pil" is somehow broken and doesn't install all needed libraries.
I was able to fix it with this:
Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install python-imaging

(2015-05-02, 00:27)jurialmunkey Wrote: Set the widget for that menu item to weather.
That did it, thanks.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - tapesong - 2015-05-02

(2015-05-02, 10:24)namtih Wrote:
(2015-05-01, 22:24)tapesong Wrote: I've installed ExtendedInfo onto Kodi however it doesn't work - whenever I click on a movie within the 'Cinema' widget for example, it gives me an error of 'ExtendedInfo Script failed'. The script doesn't seem to work at all, and it was installed from the offical repo. Does anyone know why?
Had the same issue. You will probably find the following error in the kodi log:
Code:
ImportError: No module named PIL

The standard addon "script.module.pil" is somehow broken and doesn't install all needed libraries.
I was able to fix it with this:
Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install python-imaging

(2015-05-02, 00:27)jurialmunkey Wrote: Set the widget for that menu item to weather.
That did it, thanks.

Hey, thank you for your reply! I'm a total newbie to terminal/commands etc and when I typed '>sudo apt-get update' into terminal, it said that the command wasn't found.

I navigated to the directory where platform-tools is, then connected to my firetv's ip. But I couldn't get beyond that. Do you have a tutorial that can help me understand these commands (because tbh I don't get them at all) or point me in the direction of what to google to find out? I have no idea where I'm going wrong here.

EDIT: I did a bit more digging and it turns out this was an error with Kodi 14.0 and 14.1. I just updated to 14.2 and problem solved! Smile

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - J7AYU - 2015-05-02

Hi JurialMunkey, do you still plan on supporting Advanced Launcher, currently setting up all my emulators and would love to see support for them in this skin. If anyone's interested and would also like emulators setup on thier Windows based machines, subscribe to SimplyAustin https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCb4RFFBZEztOW77onViqoDA on YouTube his guides are great for setting up HyperSpin, once you have HyperSpin setup it's easy to configure for Kodi using Advanced Launcher. It's a nice little stop gap till we get RetroPlayer.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - namtih - 2015-05-02

(2015-05-02, 10:41)tapesong Wrote: I navigated to the directory where platform-tools is, then connected to my firetv's ip. But I couldn't get beyond that. Do you have a tutorial that can help me understand these commands (because tbh I don't get them at all) or point me in the direction of what to google to find out? I have no idea where I'm going wrong here.
Sorry, I don't have Kodi on any Android device so I have no experience with it. I use it only with Linux.
But it seems that there is already a fix for Android devices.
http://www.reddit.com/r/xbmc/comments/2pnob2/python_imaging_library_pil_on_kodi_on_android/
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/5218

Perhaps someone else has a tip to get it working?
Or better ask in the FireTV thread for a solution as it is no skin issue?
Sorry, that I can't help further.

Edit:
According to this you will need at least Kodi 14.2 installed:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=212479&pid=1946251#pid1946251

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - tapesong - 2015-05-02

(2015-05-02, 10:55)namtih Wrote:
(2015-05-02, 10:41)tapesong Wrote: I navigated to the directory where platform-tools is, then connected to my firetv's ip. But I couldn't get beyond that. Do you have a tutorial that can help me understand these commands (because tbh I don't get them at all) or point me in the direction of what to google to find out? I have no idea where I'm going wrong here.
Sorry, I don't have Kodi on any Android device so I have no experience with it. I use it only with Linux.
But it seems that there is already a fix for Android devices.
http://www.reddit.com/r/xbmc/comments/2pnob2/python_imaging_library_pil_on_kodi_on_android/
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/5218

Perhaps someone else has a tip to get it working?
Or better ask in the FireTV thread for a solution as it is no skin issue?
Sorry, that I can't help further.

Edit:
According to this you will need at least Kodi 14.2 installed:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=212479&pid=1946251#pid1946251

Thanks, updating fixed it!

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - MinoMe - 2015-05-02

(2015-05-01, 11:01)t2ffn Wrote: You can add the files menu to one of your videos submenus. Go into the skin settings, go to TV shows or Movies submenu option, add a new item and link it to the Files browser menu item. Should be done in less than a minute.

Thank you, i got it working!

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - hacky4real - 2015-05-02

Could you add ( : ) to show the enabled subtitle. e.g. Enabled: ENG