Kodi Community Forum
Release Arctic: Zephyr - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=221)
+---- Thread: Release Arctic: Zephyr (/showthread.php?tid=217174)

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - Edworld - 2015-06-27

Jurialmunkey:

Do you plan on changing the media flags on the pause screen?

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - jmccrack650 - 2015-06-27

Having trouble installing the latest version from git, but maybe I am doing something wrong...

From git site I am clicking on 'Download ZIP'.

In Kodi I select 'Add from ZIP file', but I get a message "Add on does not have the correct structure".

Help?

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - Edworld - 2015-06-27

(2015-06-27, 22:57)jmccrack650 Wrote: Having trouble installing the latest version from git, but maybe I am doing something wrong...

In Kodi I select 'Add from ZIP file', but I get a message "Add on does not have the correct structure".

Help?

Install from Kodi repo first, after that install is successful, install from zip

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - Phoenix101 - 2015-06-27

Any view on the vertical menu yet, mate?

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - jurialmunkey - 2015-06-27

(2015-06-27, 16:08)Edworld Wrote: Jurialmunkey:

Do you plan on changing the media flags on the pause screen?
Yep. Plan to have them follow the furniture setting. Away this weekend on a short holiday till Tuesday. Once I'm back home I'll make the change.
(2015-06-27, 23:41)Phoenix101 Wrote: Any view on the vertical menu yet, mate?
Yep next on the list. Just got to fix up a few loose threads with the recent changes so that I can send a PR to the repo. After that it's vert menu and isengard changes.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - Phoenix101 - 2015-06-28

Will you be making the vertical and up to date change compatible for both issengard forward and 14.2 helix? Strong hard and fantastic work as always by the way mate, thank you from all of us!!!

On another note:~ will the start up video option be present in issengard too? AND Is there a way to make your skin DEFAULT so the start video loads smoothly?
Plus ~ is there a way (lead of the last note) to create kodi as launcher on android and have artic zephyr run smoothly with the start up video as it's 'hello'?

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - jurialmunkey - 2015-06-28

Yeah vert will be done before isengard changes. Will likely be the last skin update for helix as I find it too much of a pain to maintain multiple branches.

Yep everything currently in the skin will be there for isengard. The startup video is a bit of a hack until we get proper startup video options in core code. I don't have any android boxes so I dont know much about how they are setup etc.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - jmccrack650 - 2015-06-28

(2015-06-27, 23:03)Edworld Wrote:
(2015-06-27, 22:57)jmccrack650 Wrote: Having trouble installing the latest version from git, but maybe I am doing something wrong...

Help?

Install from Kodi repo first, after that install is successful, install from zip

Yes, already have installed via repo (ver 1.3). Tried installing the zip from git after that but got the error message.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - Edworld - 2015-06-28

(2015-06-28, 02:36)jmccrack650 Wrote:
(2015-06-27, 23:03)Edworld Wrote:

Help?

Yes, already have installed via repo (ver 1.3). Tried installing the zip from git after that but got the error message.

try this:
unzip git folder, copy and replace all folders and files to skin.arctic

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - johnston0536 - 2015-06-30

Love the skin. Just a minor issue, but I'm having trouble with the background images. Specifically, if I have a movie widget, with recent movies, the background art on the main screen plays a slideshow going through the new movies. I love this, but also like the clean look of having the "show classic widget style" and "only display widgets when pressing up". With these selected the background art only shows the newest movie and doesn't change (also, if I press up and select a different movie, that movie's art shows up as the background, but again never changes). Is that normal?

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - jmccrack650 - 2015-06-30

jurialmunkey, any ETA on the repo update (couple days, couple weeks)? I am still having issues getting the manual update to work via the git zip file (probably my lack of understanding on how this works), but will give up if the repo will push an update soon.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - jurialmunkey - 2015-07-01

(2015-06-28, 02:36)jmccrack650 Wrote: Yes, already have installed via repo (ver 1.3). Tried installing the zip from git after that but got the error message.
(2015-06-30, 21:25)jmccrack650 Wrote: jurialmunkey, any ETA on the repo update (couple days, couple weeks)? I am still having issues getting the manual update to work via the git zip file (probably my lack of understanding on how this works), but will give up if the repo will push an update soon.
Make sure you give the git zip a unique name - e.g. skin.arctic.zephyr.010715.zip and then try install addon from zip inside kodi. It must have a unique name each time you install from zip otherwise it doesn't work.

Repo update will probably be about a week. Depends on how much progress I make on the vertical menu.

(2015-06-30, 19:50)johnston0536 Wrote: Love the skin. Just a minor issue, but I'm having trouble with the background images. Specifically, if I have a movie widget, with recent movies, the background art on the main screen plays a slideshow going through the new movies. I love this, but also like the clean look of having the "show classic widget style" and "only display widgets when pressing up". With these selected the background art only shows the newest movie and doesn't change (also, if I press up and select a different movie, that movie's art shows up as the background, but again never changes). Is that normal?
Sounds like a bug. I'll look into it.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - Deihmos - 2015-07-01

There is no played indication in recording and I use serverwmc. They show up fine in other skins but not this one. I tried Kodi 14.2 and 15 beta 2 with the same results.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - jurialmunkey - 2015-07-01

(2015-07-01, 05:02)Deihmos Wrote: There is no played indication in recording and I use serverwmc. They show up fine in other skins but not this one. I tried Kodi 14.2 and 15 beta 2 with the same results.

should be fixed now on latest git Smile

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - Deihmos - 2015-07-01

I use this skin with emby and it already has all of the metadata including people images and everything. I keep getting prompted to install an addon extendedinfo script. Is there a way to disable this?