Kodi Community Forum
NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) (/showthread.php?tid=220297)

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - s-one - 2015-10-30

When you guys connect Kodi/Shield to a NAS to stream videos, what's the best method to serve it from? my NAS is a windows 8. Would it be NFS, SMB, or other?

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - Hiphopopotamus - 2015-10-30

NFS, it uses less overhead than SMB, and easier to setup.

Have a read here for more info on options - http://kodi.wiki/view/File_sharing

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - s-one - 2015-10-30

thanks much!

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - Hiphopopotamus - 2015-10-30

(2015-10-29, 17:44)tdbegley Wrote: That is correct. I would bookmark the version page as when it changes next time you will be able to see what its changed to and import the libery to that database and delete the old one again to keep ontop of things.

Thanks again, I just kept Video97 and Music54 and deleted the others, updated all to the 16.0 nightly 29th build and it all worked as it should.

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - cut.la.roc - 2015-10-30

Hi,

I have a question regarding FLAC audio passthrough on the SHIELD.

I have my audio output set to "best match" and "enable passthrough" enabled and yet PCM 48kHz audio is output to my AV receiver when I play a 96kHz FLAC file. I know the receiver can play this file as I can play it over the network and the onscreen display indicates a 96kHz FLAC file.

So my question is, is this just a limitation of the shield and or android? I am running Kodi 15.2 (installed from the Google play store).

Have tried searching the forums but unable to find an answer.

Thanks in advance.

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - dsm52 - 2015-11-02

hi guys,

Looking for the best Kodi & general Shield TV remote that costs around £10-20.

Just wanted to ask if anyone has tried using Xbox 360 media remote (the slim black one) with the Shield? This would be great if it worked, as it also controls the basic TV functions too.

I currently use an old Ortek MCE remote which works well with Kodi (along with it's USB IR receiver) but the back button doesn't seem to map to the Shield back button.

thanks

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - Tinwarble - 2015-11-02

Can't say about the 360 remote, but for your MCE, as long as the back button can be recognized by the SATV then use the Keymap Editor add-on to map it.

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - Spellman - 2015-11-02

I don't have the SATV yet as my birthday isn't until next week, first time I've been counting days until my birthday in a LONG time. I don't know as much about the ortek remote, but does it work on the 360 natively? It has been a while since I had a roommate that had a 360, but as I remember the remote for that was interchangeable with my microsoft rc6 remote on my htpc, so I'm pretty sure they send the same commands. I haven't been able to find much documentation on how well those work with the SATV, but I believe you can get them to work inside of kodi, but I think they are sketchy on the android TV end of things, I think the SATV has a different command for "back." Can anyone else chime in with their results? I should know more in a week. I'm planning on giving it a try since I really like the rc6, but if it doesn't doesn't work completely I might give the Inteset 4 in 1 a try. Also check this thread out: what remote are you using with your NVIDIA shield set top box?

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - gs24 - 2015-11-02

Works Live TV (MPEG2 576i/720p/1080i with 25/50hz) in Kodi (vdr vnsi client) well on SATV?
Are the problems with deinterlacing and MPEG2 fixed since the last update?
Or is it possible to disable deinterlacing so that the TV doing this?

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - dsm52 - 2015-11-02

(2015-11-02, 17:36)Spellman Wrote: I don't have the SATV yet as my birthday isn't until next week, first time I've been counting days until my birthday in a LONG time. I don't know as much about the ortek remote, but does it work on the 360 natively? It has been a while since I had a roommate that had a 360, but as I remember the remote for that was interchangeable with my microsoft rc6 remote on my htpc, so I'm pretty sure they send the same commands. I haven't been able to find much documentation on how well those work with the SATV, but I believe you can get them to work inside of kodi, but I think they are sketchy on the android TV end of things, I think the SATV has a different command for "back." Can anyone else chime in with their results? I should know more in a week. I'm planning on giving it a try since I really like the rc6, but if it doesn't doesn't work completely I might give the Inteset 4 in 1 a try. Also check this thread out: what remote are you using with your NVIDIA shield set top box?
I don't have the xbox360 either to try the RC6 remote on..

For me the 360 remote looks perfect. It would be great if it is RC6 compatible.

On the ortek RC6 the Clear button seems to do the SATV "back" (or it seems to do the trick most of the time!).

Thanks for the other thread, I'll post there.

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - ScottAllyn01 - 2015-11-02

(2015-11-02, 15:09)dsm52 Wrote: I currently use an old Ortek MCE remote which works well with Kodi (along with it's USB IR receiver) but the back button doesn't seem to map to the Shield back button.

In Kodi, as someone else suggested, you can use the Keymap Editor to remap the remote's Back button to be whatever you need. Outside of Kodi, as dsm52 suggests,the Clear button definitely works.

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - hifiaudio2 - 2015-11-03

Can you map all buttons? I just got that remote and have only used it in its default configuration. Where is the keymap editor found?

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - couto27 - 2015-11-03

(2015-11-03, 01:08)hifiaudio2 Wrote: Can you map all buttons? I just got that remote and have only used it in its default configuration. Where is the keymap editor found?

see here wiki keymap

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - querty1000 - 2015-11-03

since a few builds the pause, stop, play keys from the TV remote (via shield - CEC) doesn't work anymore.

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - fma965 - 2015-11-03

Hi,

Sorry if this has been asked before, (i searched bitstream, dolby and others) but didn't find a conclusive answer.

I currently have a HP Chromebox running openelec, i am looking at getting the shield tv. Most of my tv shows are 2.0 but i need to know if it will be able to send 5.1 (not bothered how aslong as it's decoded by amp at 5.1) dolby digital and DTS.

My amp is a VSX-923

Thanks for your help.