Kodi Community Forum
NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) (/showthread.php?tid=220297)

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - sandogo1 - 2015-11-22

I'm sure its in here some where but whats the best remote to use for kodi on the sheild...

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - nikc0069 - 2015-11-22

Literally just got my shield TV.

Should I sideload 15.2rc3 or is the kodi build in play store the latest? Especially for frame rate switching.

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - Martijn - 2015-11-22

Get play store or v16.0beta2

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - nikc0069 - 2015-11-22

(2015-11-22, 23:30)Martijn Wrote: Get play store or v16.0beta2

Thanks. I assume hd audio isn't sorted in the jarvis beta yet? In which case I will go play store.

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - Martijn - 2015-11-23

(2015-11-22, 23:51)nikc0069 Wrote:
(2015-11-22, 23:30)Martijn Wrote: Get play store or v16.0beta2

Thanks. I assume hd audio isn't sorted in the jarvis beta yet? In which case I will go play store.
Nope and it won't be. V16 does have better video playback

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - hunkyn - 2015-11-23

Go with 16 beta. Video playback is lot better in v16 compared to 15.

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - PantsOnFire - 2015-11-23

I would have hoped, the stock remote!
Actually, good question, am I right to assume it actually works with kodi!? :- D

Re: RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - Vidman - 2015-11-23

(2015-11-23, 01:47)PantsOnFire Wrote: I would have hoped, the stock remote!
Actually, good question, am I right to assume it actually works with kodi!? :- D

You mean the optional remote right?the shield doesn't come with a remote as standard only a Gamepad.
The shield remote works with kodi 15 but works better with kodi 16 as 16 has added long press options for remotes with limited buttons such as this so you can access the context menu etc

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - Tinwarble - 2015-11-23

(2015-11-23, 02:32)Vidman Wrote: You mean the optional remote right?the shield doesn't come with a remote as standard only a Gamepad.
The shield remote works with kodi 15 but works better with kodi 16 as 16 has added long press options for remotes with limited buttons such as this so you can access the context menu etc

Does right now, the remote and SATV come bundled for the same price. Amazon actually had the bundle for $175 last week but now it appears to be back to $199 too.

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - Topken - 2015-11-23

Hmm wonder if Nvidia has noticed that people are using this as a media center far more then a gaming platform so are now including the remote instead of just the gamepad.

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - Tinwarble - 2015-11-23

Hard to tell what people are using it "more" for, but just from what people have posted it would appear that most use it for both. The remote deal is just a limited time offer and is because Christmas is almost here.

Re: RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - Vidman - 2015-11-23

Nm

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - touser - 2015-11-23

(2015-11-20, 00:36)Ritzie Wrote: Has anyone noticed a slowdown on nvidia shield when using advancesettings for mysql? It was working flawlessly but now its extremely slow and moves, shows aren't updating. I thought I briefly saw someone mention it but cannot find it now.

I'm not having issues running the play store version of kodi on my shield with mysql. I'm not using wifi.

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - PantsOnFire - 2015-11-23

(2015-11-23, 04:19)Topken Wrote: Hmm wonder if Nvidia has noticed that people are using this as a media center far more then a gaming platform so are now including the remote instead of just the gamepad.

Could be.
But also, what has to be obvious to them is that all the competitors have a refreshed model come out lately. Obviously Christmas coming too... has to be the best chance of selling them. Most of the other players bundle remotes.

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - Martijn - 2015-11-23

(2015-11-23, 12:13)PantsOnFire Wrote:
(2015-11-23, 04:19)Topken Wrote: Hmm wonder if Nvidia has noticed that people are using this as a media center far more then a gaming platform so are now including the remote instead of just the gamepad.

Could be.
But also, what has to be obvious to them is that all the competitors have a refreshed model come out lately. Obviously Christmas coming too... has to be the best chance of selling them. Most of the other players bundle remotes.

Actually they told some usage numbers when we visited but not sure if we are allowed to share those in public Smile