Kodi Community Forum
NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) (/showthread.php?tid=220297)

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - DaMacFunkin - 2015-12-05

Hello can anybody help me access my nfs share on my zyxel NAS from kodi running on my shield, any help or a link to a tutorial would be much appreciated.

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - Tinwarble - 2015-12-05

You can start HERE

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - Blurayx - 2015-12-06

Has anyone noticed Briightness & contrast adjustments don't work in kodi beta 3?

(2015-12-05, 22:08)DaMacFunkin Wrote: Hello can anybody help me access my nfs share on my zyxel NAS from kodi running on my shield, any help or a link to a tutorial would be much appreciated.

Hi!
Have you solved the issue?

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - nickr - 2015-12-06

(2015-12-06, 02:56)Blurayx Wrote:
(2015-12-05, 22:08)DaMacFunkin Wrote: Hello can anybody help me access my nfs share on my zyxel NAS from kodi running on my shield, any help or a link to a tutorial would be much appreciated.

Hi!
Have you solved the issue?
Two posts above you.

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - nikc0069 - 2015-12-06

Where is this beta 3 I can't seem to find?

(2015-12-06, 12:33)nikc0069 Wrote: Where is this beta 3 I can't seem to find?

Nightly downloads are beta 3

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - nikc0069 - 2015-12-06

(2015-12-06, 12:38)Blurayx Wrote:
(2015-12-06, 12:33)nikc0069 Wrote: Where is this beta 3 I can't seem to find?

Nightly downloads are beta 3

Ah thanks in which case I'm using already

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - DaMacFunkin - 2015-12-06

(2015-12-05, 22:15)Tinwarble Wrote: You can start HERE

Hello can i ask how this was supposed to help me?
I am quite aware of how to add files to kodi.
The question was how to add my Zyxel NFS share of which there is no information whatsoever on that page.
Maybe i should be a bit more precise.
I have a NFS share on my Zyxel NAS, the folder is set to read/write and the ip address of my Shield is added to the allowed user in the zyxel nfs share page.
In kodi i can browse to the share under NFS but it doesn't show or browse any folders within the share address.
Is there something special i need to do in kodi android to access the nfs share?
Thank You.

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - iCE999 - 2015-12-06

I hope this has not already been answered. Is it possible or will it be that the media recently played in Kodi will show up on the shield homepage like it does for plex and others?

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - gkf9 - 2015-12-06

(2015-12-06, 13:52)DaMacFunkin Wrote:
(2015-12-05, 22:15)Tinwarble Wrote: You can start HERE

Hello can i ask how this was supposed to help me?
I am quite aware of how to add files to kodi.
The question was how to add my Zyxel NFS share of which there is no information whatsoever on that page.
Maybe i should be a bit more precise.
I have a NFS share on my Zyxel NAS, the folder is set to read/write and the ip address of my Shield is added to the allowed user in the zyxel nfs share page.
In kodi i can browse to the share under NFS but it doesn't show or browse any folders within the share address.
Is there something special i need to do in kodi android to access the nfs share?
Thank You.

Have you set up permissions on the Nas to share the folders you are trying to navigate to, I also had to tell the Nas what ip addresses were allowed to access it.

I had to do this in order for it to browse the folders.

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - Tinwarble - 2015-12-06

(2015-12-06, 13:52)DaMacFunkin Wrote: Hello can i ask how this was supposed to help me?

Because if you ask a one sentence question with no details, you'll get a one sentence answer with no details.

Also, if you'd bothered to click on a few links, which start on that wiki page you could have gotten to HERE, which includes how to troubleshoot NFS problems. You have to do some of the work yourself and read the wiki.

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - rafita - 2015-12-06

Hi,

How to know the resolution and framerate of netflix? Keyboard shortcuts of win 10 do not work

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - gkf9 - 2015-12-06

Does Kodi within the Nvidea Sheild auto update? Everytime I've been into an add on or any resporities the update button is never greyed out and an update is always available, but when updated never greys out and is still available for update.

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - DaddyLongLegs - 2015-12-07

Which version of Kodi are most of you folks using on your NVidia Shield TVs? The one that is in the store on the Shield? Or a special version?

The only major issue I've had so far is that there seems to be no way to access the context menu with the remote. I've read someone here say that in the latest Kodi you can just hold the "OK" command to get the context menu to show up, but that never worked for me. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!