Kodi Community Forum
NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) (/showthread.php?tid=220297)

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - Tinwarble - 2015-12-29

(2015-12-28, 09:23)wrxtasy Wrote: What a dogs breakfast for a Newbie sitting on the couch trying to install stuff !
Google need to get their shit together methinks.

I think I'm just going to put a Hyperlink to your post here and let user work it out for themselves.

Yep, couldn't agree more. Google's really behind the ball on the Android TV Play Store stuff.

We could collaborate on that part of your post if you want. Just PM me if you want me to write something up for the SATV that you can copy/paste.

(2015-12-28, 15:10)Martijn Wrote: ? Kodi just shows up fine on all my devices in Play Store.
Also Have Android M and nothing happened to sideloaded apps.

Android "M"? On the SATV?

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - wrxtasy - 2015-12-29

@Tinwarble, It would be a better idea if you yourself start a new thread (maybe in the Android support sub-section itself) or writeup a new comprehensive post with steps for Newbies to install Android Apps. The nVIDIA Shield Wiki should probably be updated at the same time as well.

I would rather Hyperlink to detailed App install instructions than increase the length of the Pick the Right Kodi Box thread just for App installation for one specific device only, that is not the purpose of that Sticky Hardware thread at all.

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - Tinwarble - 2015-12-29

@wrxtasy
That's fine, I just thought I'd offer.

As for updating the Wiki or doing a write up in the Android section (already have a SATV thread there), just waiting on the "M" update and Jarvis final to update both.

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - Hiphopopotamus - 2015-12-29

(2015-12-29, 00:58)Tinwarble Wrote: Android "M"? On the SATV?

Or Nexus Player (hope it's SATV though). On my NP updating to Marshmallow didn't do anything to sidelaoded apps.

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - Papa_I - 2015-12-29

I posted this issue on avsforum, but I am hoping someone here might know how to solve my issue. I recently purchased the Shield to pair with my Vizio 60p. The initial setup went smoothly on HDMI 2 port (HDMI 1.2 and HDCP 2.2 compliant). When I go into the Info Window the Input Information section shows 1080p. Under settings>HDMI>Resolution, I tried to select 4k (30hz) on HDMI 2, but the shield defaults back to 1080p (recommended). I read the Shield’s user manual and it says I need to be connected to an HDMI 2.0 that is HDCP 2.2 compliant for 4k content. Checking the Vizio user manual, the only port that supports HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2 is HDMI 5. I disconnected the shield from HDMI 2 and connected it to HDMI 5. I turned off the Shield and turned it back on. I see the NVidia splash screen then the screen goes black and I get a “No Signal” message on my TV. I tried power cycling both the Shield and TV and neither fixed the issue. I tried a different HDMI cord, but that did not resolve the issue. I am using and HDMI 2.0 compliant HDMI cable (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...rch_detailpage). My I tried to play 4k content through Kodi (HDMI 2), but the Input Information still shows 1080p. I tried following this fix from the forums, but it did not solve my issue https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/838492/shield-android-tv/blank-screen-on-4k-tv-after-installing-a-shield-software-upgrade/. I am hoping there is a setup issue on my end and I can get this issue resolved. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - hansolo - 2015-12-29

Could someone with a surround receiver test AAC files from this link?
My Himedia Q5IV outputs only as stereo, all other mediaplayers (bluray, TV Mediaplayer, Egreat R6A2) outputs as surround.
I know it's not a tehcnical issue but a copyrigt one, I'm curious if SATV outputs as surround.
Thanks!

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - yigal33 - 2015-12-29

i have nividia shelid and im using kodi i use the adon torenter and when i try to netive the adon to dowenlond file stream to sd i get the mesge the sd is not wirteble

any ide how to fix this?

thanks!

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - e3henri - 2015-12-29

I have my shield connected to a ReadyNas through a samba share. When my NAS discs spin down it seems that KODI will timeout if I try to start a movie. If I try again the movie starts fine.
I have found several potential parameters in the advancedsettings.xml, but I dont know which one to adjust to fix this.

<playlisttimeout>20</playlisttimeout>

or

<samba>
<doscodepage></doscodepage> <!-- code page to use for filenames -->
<clienttimeout>10</clienttimeout> <!-- timeout (in seconds) -->

or something else?

NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - abpostelnicu - 2015-12-30

(2015-12-29, 23:01)e3henri Wrote: I have my shield connected to a ReadyNas through a samba share. When my NAS discs spin down it seems that KODI will timeout if I try to start a movie. If I try again the movie starts fine.
I have found several potential parameters in the advancedsettings.xml, but I dont know which one to adjust to fix this.

or

<samba>

or something else?

First it's a good practice to avoid using samba you shod use nfs. Samba has a very poor implementation on linux side and it should be used only on linu to windows or windows to windows, on linux to linux you definetly use nfs it's kernel implemented and with kodi you can also use watchdog, it's a plugin that updates the library when you add or delete a new item from the disk.

RE: 64bit XBMC - nickr - 2015-12-30

(2015-12-30, 07:44)abpostelnicu Wrote:
(2015-12-29, 23:01)e3henri Wrote: I have my shield connected to a ReadyNas through a samba share. When my NAS discs spin down it seems that KODI will timeout if I try to start a movie. If I try again the movie starts fine.

or

<samba>

or something else?

First it's a good practice to avoid using samba you shod use nfs. Samba has a very poor implementation on linux side and it should be used only on linu to windows or windows to windows, on linux to linux you definetly use nfs it's kernel implemented and with kodi you can also use watchdog, it's a plugin that updates the library when you add or delete a new item from the disk.

I have never had a problem with serving files linux to linux using samba. Yes nfs might have a slight advantage performance wise, but really at the bitrates we are talking about in a media environment it is not going to be a problem.

As for samba being a poor implementation of smb/cifs, I dare you to go on the samba mailing list and try that line...

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - cut.la.roc - 2015-12-30

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if you can have both the release version (15.2) and Beta (16) of kodi installed on the shield at the same time?

NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - tredman - 2015-12-30

(2015-12-30, 12:19)cut.la.roc Wrote: Hi,

Can anyone tell me if you can have both the release version (15.2) and Beta (16) of kodi installed on the shield at the same time?

Not possible unfortunately. 16 beta is as stable as 15 imo though.

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - Hiphopopotamus - 2015-12-30

(2015-12-29, 14:22)hansolo Wrote: Could someone with a surround receiver test AAC files from this link?
My Himedia Q5IV outputs only as stereo, all other mediaplayers (bluray, TV Mediaplayer, Egreat R6A2) outputs as surround.
I know it's not a tehcnical issue but a copyrigt one, I'm curious if SATV outputs as surround.
Thanks!

This played fine for me on the Shield, went through the speakers as it should. I only have 3.1 right now, but it did as expected.

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - e3henri - 2015-12-30

(2015-12-30, 07:44)abpostelnicu Wrote:

or

<samba>

or something else?

Well I am using this share towards many windows computers and I have not seen any problems with samba. It is just that Kodi+Shield timesout while the NAS is spining up the discs. I already have a plugin that automatically updates the library and I have no problem with library itself. The movies shows up fine, they just sometimes cam not be started on the first attempt - minor problem.

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - danjames92 - 2015-12-30

(2015-12-29, 17:48)yigal33 Wrote: i have nividia shelid and im using kodi i use the adon torenter and when i try to netive the adon to dowenlond file stream to sd i get the mesge the sd is not wirteble

any ide how to fix this?

thanks!

No one here will help you with torrents.