Kodi Community Forum
NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) (/showthread.php?tid=220297)

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - pettergulbra - 2016-05-23

HI

I have added an app, that works great as far as I know if it launched from the Shields home menu.
But if I launch it from "Android Programs" inside Kodi, it launches as it where an phone.
The app is made for Android TV, but looks like the same app supports phones, as it messes up when it
is launched from inside Kodi.

Is this an known problem for others?

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - Ned Scott - 2016-05-24

(2016-05-16, 21:27)SilverBlade Wrote:
(2016-05-14, 09:50)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2016-05-12, 00:25)SilverBlade Wrote: Has anyone been successful with using a multi-bay hard drive enclosure with the Shield TV since the update?

I'll dig my MediaSonic enclosure out and test.

any luck?

Sorry, I almost forgot about this. I tried it out with three drives installed, and all three showed up in Android and in Kodi. I was even given the option to format any of the drives for internal storage. I didn't test speed, but it seemed USB 3-typical (which is pretty fast for me, as most of my stuff is still USB 2).

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - kendorama - 2016-05-24

I can't get SPMC to show up in the Recommended area of my NVidia Shield. It's also not in the Settings > Home Screen > Recommended Row.

I reset the Web Services to default and still have that issue.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - Hiphopopotamus - 2016-05-24

(2016-05-24, 22:12)kendorama Wrote: Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Posting in this thread instead of the SPMC thread with a log.
That said, I have found it to be on and off for me, not that I see the home screen often, as SPMC is my portal to use.

Edit, I see you did post in the SPMC thread, but decided to do a double post and put in this thread too, AFTER you already posted in the correct thread.

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - kendorama - 2016-05-25

(2016-05-24, 23:42)Hiphopopotamus Wrote:

That said, I have found it to be on and off for me, not that I see the home screen often, as SPMC is my portal to use.

Edit, I see you did post in the SPMC thread, but decided to do a double post and put in this thread too, AFTER you already posted in the correct thread.

I wanted to get a response. Smile

Hiphop, do you know the directory I can find the data for SPMC/Kodi on the shield? I want to put in an advancedsettings.xml.

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - sebvalmontx360 - 2016-05-25

(2016-05-25, 09:04)kendorama Wrote:
(2016-05-24, 23:42)Hiphopopotamus Wrote:

Sorry, but it is not how it works.

Everyone that posts a question here wants an answer. However, most of us do not do duplicate posts all time.

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - sebvalmontx360 - 2016-05-25

(2016-05-25, 09:04)kendorama Wrote: Hiphop, do you know the directory I can find the data for SPMC/Kodi on the shield? I want to put in an advancedsettings.xml.

Once again you posted in the wrong place. It should be posted in the SPMC thread.

You will need a file browser, such as X-Plore (the one that I use) or ES-Explorer.

The SPMC folder is located at Internal Memory, Android, data, com.semperpax16.spmc (something like that), .spmc, userdata

You have to post your advancedsettings.xml in userdata folder.

It is important to keep in mind that the .spmc is a hidden folder. You need to enable your file explorer to show hidden folders.

(2016-05-25, 13:52)sebvalmontx360 Wrote:
(2016-05-25, 09:04)kendorama Wrote: Hiphop, do you know the directory I can find the data for SPMC/Kodi on the shield? I want to put in an advancedsettings.xml.

Once again you posted in the wrong place. It should be posted in the SPMC thread.

You will need a file browser, such as X-Plore (the one that I use) or ES-Explorer.

The SPMC folder is located at Internal Memory, Android, data, com.semperpax16.spmc (something like that), .spmc, userdata

You have to post your advancedsettings.xml in userdata folder.

It is important to keep in mind that the .spmc is a hidden folder. You need to enable your file explorer to show hidden folders.

Thanks so much!

(2016-05-25, 13:49)sebvalmontx360 Wrote:
(2016-05-25, 09:04)kendorama Wrote:
(2016-05-24, 23:42)Hiphopopotamus Wrote: Posting in this thread instead of the SPMC thread with a log.

Everyone that posts a question here wants an answer. However, most of us do not do duplicate posts all time.

Understood. I thought it would potentially be different people that would read it and thus would get an answer easier.

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - timstephens24 - 2016-05-25

Anyone have problems with 4K colors being a little off on the Shield? Particularly red seems to be more maroonish. If I have it set to 1080p the colors are correct, but at 4K they're not. I thought it could be my TV, but I've tested other devices at 4K and they don't have this problem (an Intel NUC and a Samsung UBD-8500).

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - Bjur - 2016-05-25

have just upgraded from my yamaha rx-v767 to Marantz sr5010 4k receiver and now I have problems with auto refresh rate. It doesn't change anymore. It's probably because of HDMI 2.0 my TV is only 1.4 but the receiver doesn't have any 1.4 Ports. What can I do to get it working? I don't have a HDMI splitter either

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - wesk05 - 2016-05-26

(2016-05-25, 17:15)timstephens24 Wrote: Anyone have problems with 4K colors being a little off on the Shield? Particularly red seems to be more maroonish. If I have it set to 1080p the colors are correct, but at 4K they're not. I thought it could be my TV, but I've tested other devices at 4K and they don't have this problem (an Intel NUC and a Samsung UBD-8500).

What 4K mode? What brand of TV?

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - Hiphopopotamus - 2016-05-26

(2016-05-25, 16:06)kendorama Wrote:
(2016-05-25, 13:49)sebvalmontx360 Wrote:
(2016-05-25, 09:04)kendorama Wrote: I wanted to get a response. Smile

Understood. I thought it would potentially be different people that would read it and thus would get an answer easier.

Right, so you wanted to have at least two different people to spend their time answering your question and not know that it had already been looked after in another thread. That is just flat out rude.

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - timstephens24 - 2016-05-26

(2016-05-26, 03:30)wesk05 Wrote:
(2016-05-25, 17:15)timstephens24 Wrote: Anyone have problems with 4K colors being a little off on the Shield? Particularly red seems to be more maroonish. If I have it set to 1080p the colors are correct, but at 4K they're not. I thought it could be my TV, but I've tested other devices at 4K and they don't have this problem (an Intel NUC and a Samsung UBD-8500).

What 4K mode? What brand of TV?

In 4k@60Hz and 59.940Hz the colors are off, but not [email protected] / 1080p@60Hz. Here's the information I'm receiving from the Shield, which could explain it:
4k@60Hz - YCbCr420 / 24bit
[email protected] - YCbCr420 / 24bit
[email protected] - RGB Full / 24bit
1080p@60Hz - RGB Full / 24bit

And here's the difference I'm seeing:

1080p

2160p