Kodi Community Forum
NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) (/showthread.php?tid=220297)

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - hdmkv - 2016-12-20

Based on the FCC schematics (which are real), all those images definitely seem Photoshop-ped.

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - SofaKng - 2016-12-20

If I don't care about 3D playback, is there any advantage to running LibreELEC on Intel hardware versus Kodi/SPMC on the Shield?

I have extra Intel hardware (Skylake CPU, i3-6100) that is very powerful but I'm not sure if there is any benefit at all versus just using the Shield?

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - herhelman - 2016-12-20

(2016-12-20, 03:51)herhelman Wrote:
(2016-12-20, 00:13)ssh_reconnect Wrote:
(2016-12-19, 17:23)herhelman Wrote: Hi, can someone help me with KODI or SPMC to get DTS HD and DOLBY HD passthrough to my receiver?
Hernán

Have you followed the steps in the wiki?

https://github.com/koying/SPMC/wiki/Recommended-passthrough-audio-settings-for-SPMC%2C-NVIDIA-Shield-TV-and-AV-Receivers

Yes, I downloaded KODI 17 Kripton (stable version today from its site)
I have an ONKYO HTX-22hdx receiver with built in subwoofer, it decode dts hd, and D true hd without problem with wdtv, wetek hub and eweat realtek 1195 android box.
it´s hdmi 1.4.... it´s that a problem?
thanks!!

HELP PLEASE!! last week my third children born, I have no time to experiment... just need some friend here to help me get HD audio from Shield!! thanks in advance!!!!

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - Koying - 2016-12-20

(2016-12-20, 17:25)herhelman Wrote: HELP PLEASE!! last week my third children born, I have no time to experiment... just need some friend here to help me get HD audio from Shield!! thanks in advance!!!!

Congrats. Enjoy your newborn and assist your wife rather than watching movies (Audio HD or not) Smile

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - herhelman - 2016-12-20

(2016-12-20, 17:57)Koying Wrote:
(2016-12-20, 17:25)herhelman Wrote: HELP PLEASE!! last week my third children born, I have no time to experiment... just need some friend here to help me get HD audio from Shield!! thanks in advance!!!!

Congrats. Enjoy your newborn and assist your wife rather than watching movies (Audio HD or not) Smile

Hi, Koying, an honor to receive a message from you!
baby born 15 days ago!, wife granted me an authorization to deal with our new media player ( i paid it but now is family property!) let me know if you can help me to get HD audio! i´m writing this with baby in arm!! jaja
thanks!

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - PantsOnFire - 2016-12-20

Pleasing news that there may be a new shield coming.
Slightly sadder that it probably won't be available for months yet if it happens...

Contrast with the Apple approach (a demo/unveil) here it is, available next week guys.

:-( if only!

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - Mylo75 - 2016-12-20

(2016-12-20, 17:57)Koying Wrote:

Since updating spmc to 16.5 latest I can't get nfs to work. Nfs still works in kodi for me.

Any ideas Mr Koying Confused

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - Tinwarble - 2016-12-20

(2016-12-20, 18:12)herhelman Wrote: Hi, Koying, an honor to receive a message from you!
baby born 15 days ago!, wife granted me an authorization to deal with our new media player ( i paid it but now is family property!) let me know if you can help me to get HD audio! i´m writing this with baby in arm!! jaja
thanks!

Congrats on the new baby.

That said, no Debug log (wiki) = no problem. No one can help you if they can't see what the problem is.

Also, I'd suggest reading through the Kodi Wiki. Most solutions can be found there with a little reading.

(2016-12-20, 20:17)Mylo75 Wrote: Since updating spmc to 16.5 latest I can't get nfs to work. Nfs still works in kodi for me.

Same as above.

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - teki4u - 2016-12-20

(2016-12-20, 03:51)herhelman Wrote:
(2016-12-20, 00:13)ssh_reconnect Wrote:
(2016-12-19, 17:23)herhelman Wrote: Hi, can someone help me with KODI or SPMC to get DTS HD and DOLBY HD passthrough to my receiver?
Hernán

Have you followed the steps in the wiki?

https://github.com/koying/SPMC/wiki/Recommended-passthrough-audio-settings-for-SPMC%2C-NVIDIA-Shield-TV-and-AV-Receivers

Yes, I downloaded KODI 17 Kripton (stable version today from its site)
I have an ONKYO HTX-22hdx receiver with built in subwoofer, it decode dts hd, and D true hd without problem with wdtv, wetek hub and eweat realtek 1195 android box.
thanks!!

This! at list someone reply if hdmi 1.4 port has something to do with his issue, i read the github link and says if conecting to receiver make sure to connect to hdmi 2.0 port but if connecting directly to tv then it mentions hdmi 1.4, so even for me seems confusing because for hd audio hdmi 2.0 port is not a requirement.

Hernan, not sure if you're using the same HDMI cable you used to use with your wdtv but i would suggest to try with another one and post screenshots of your audio settings within kodi: Ajustes > Sistema > Salida de Audio.

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - teki4u - 2016-12-21

Nvdia Shield is IN STOCK again on their website. Just purchased mine Smile. Don't care about the rumours, for my needs this device will do the job and much more.

Update: Sorry they are Out of Stock again

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - herhelman - 2016-12-21

(2016-12-21, 00:16)Veronica Wrote: Nvdia Shield is IN STOCK again on their website. Just purchased mine Smile. Don't care about the rumours, for my needs this device will do the job and much more.

good for you!
Do you have a HD audio capable receiver? let me know when you receive it... where are you from? (I´m from Argentina)
Let´s try to work together!
I will upload pics of configuration
thanks!

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - teki4u - 2016-12-21

(2016-12-21, 01:40)herhelman Wrote:
(2016-12-21, 00:16)Veronica Wrote: Nvdia Shield is IN STOCK again on their website. Just purchased mine Smile. Don't care about the rumours, for my needs this device will do the job and much more.

good for you!
Do you have a HD audio capable receiver? let me know when you receive it... where are you from? (I´m from Argentina)
Let´s try to work together!
I will upload pics of configuration
thanks!

No AV Receiver yet Sad. Just received order confirmation from Nvidia, so I'll have it with me in January. I'll try to help you in what i can.
Im from Ecuador mi amigo [emoji2] .

Enviado desde mi Moto X vía Tapatalk!

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - Taftus - 2016-12-21

Darn I still have issue gettinh refresh rate working. Now last few days it stop putting my movies at 24hz in Kodi. Was working fine a week or two ago.

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - timstephens24 - 2016-12-21

(2016-12-20, 15:55)SofaKng Wrote: If I don't care about 3D playback, is there any advantage to running LibreELEC on Intel hardware versus Kodi/SPMC on the Shield?

I have extra Intel hardware (Skylake CPU, i3-6100) that is very powerful but I'm not sure if there is any benefit at all versus just using the Shield?

I prefer my NUC over the Shield for just using Kodi. The Shield is better at everything else, like Netflix, Hulu, Vudu, etc.

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - wesk05 - 2016-12-21

(2016-12-20, 03:51)herhelman Wrote: I have an ONKYO HTX-22hdx receiver with built in subwoofer, it decode dts hd, and D true hd without problem with wdtv, wetek hub and eweat realtek 1195 android box.
thanks!!
First of all, congrats on your new baby!

I am about to ruin your joyous days and I apologize for that. You will not be able to get HD audio passthrough with your Onkyo HTX-22HDX. nVIDIA Shield has compatibility issues with certain AVRs and this is one of them. This issue was reported by some users on nVIDIA forum.

nVIDIA Shield and Onkyo HTX-22HDX HD Audio Passthrough

The only resolution for this problem is a new receiver. Don't even think of getting a Samsung HW-K950, that one also has the same HD audio passthrough problem.

Edit: If you are prepared to wait for a couple of months you may not have to get a new receiver. You will have to wait for Google to fix IEC 60958/61937 passthrough for HBR audio and then nVIDIA will have to incorporate those fixes in one of their Shield updates.