Kodi Community Forum
NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) (/showthread.php?tid=220297)

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - Koying - 2015-06-12

Yes, it is possible Wink

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - essential - 2015-06-12

(2015-06-12, 14:26)Koying Wrote: Yes, it is possible Wink

Thanks, back to the well when I get home from work.

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - pedromvu - 2015-06-12

So with the latest build, is anyone getting frame rate switching working? i changed the video setting to automatically switch always, but i still get no switch when i play a video, could this be problem with my screen? i can get proper 24p with my blu ray player.

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - Martijn - 2015-06-12

(2015-06-12, 18:05)pedromvu Wrote: So with the latest build, is anyone getting frame rate switching working? i changed the video setting to automatically switch always, but i still get no switch when i play a video, could this be problem with my screen? i can get proper 24p with my blu ray player.

it works but it really depends on Android and the TV itself.
I've already have new SHIELD firmware (should be public soon) and switching is working (sort of) on my 1080p and 4K tv

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - drhill - 2015-06-12

(2015-06-12, 18:16)Martijn Wrote:
(2015-06-12, 18:05)pedromvu Wrote: So with the latest build, is anyone getting frame rate switching working? i changed the video setting to automatically switch always, but i still get no switch when i play a video, could this be problem with my screen? i can get proper 24p with my blu ray player.

I've already have new SHIELD firmware (should be public soon) and switching is working (sort of) on my 1080p and 4K tv

I haven't used yesterday's firmware yet but the prior firmware worked "mostly" as well for two separate (1080p only) displays. The qualifier being that sometimes it doesn't switch to 24p until I back out to the main menu and hit the back key on more time.

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - hifiaudio2 - 2015-06-12

So they are making some attempt in the new firmware to fix 23.976 already?

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - Martijn - 2015-06-12

(2015-06-12, 19:34)hifiaudio2 Wrote:

No not in this firmware but somewhere in remote future.

Note:
it really annoys me (and perhaps koying) that we keep getting the same questions while they have been answered many times.
We will give any confirmation when we know it works or NVIDIA actually tells us. Other than that we know nothing.
That accounts for HD audio and refreshrate switching.
Maybe you don't like my tone but that's how i feel about it. This is note directed at you personally but every one in this or the other thread.

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - ozkhan1 - 2015-06-12

(2015-06-12, 19:50)Martijn Wrote:
(2015-06-12, 18:16)Martijn Wrote: it works but it really depends on Android and the TV itself.

Note:
it really annoys me (and perhaps koying) that we keep getting the same questions while they have been answered many times.
We will give any confirmation when we know it works or NVIDIA actually tells us. Other than that we know nothing.
Maybe you don't like my tone but that's how i feel about it. This is note directed at you personally but every one in this or the other thread.

So when will HD Audio be working by your estimate??

Smile Just kidding...

This is still good news.. Looks like Nvidia wants this box to be a force and are at least showing willingness to work on the drawbacks.

I am still loving it by the way. Gaming experience is awesome on it (of course Kodi is great as well)

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - Nekromantik - 2015-06-12

My worry is, this was first announced as a Console rather then a Media Player. After all Nvidia is a Gaming company foremost.
Now its called Shield TV it has been getting updates for its Media features.
As 23.976 is a feature that takes more effort, I hope they concentrate on this rather then getting more gaming related things in.

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - Luxferro - 2015-06-12

(2015-06-12, 20:45)ozkhan1 Wrote: This is still good news.. Looks like Nvidia wants this box to be a force and are at least showing willingness to work on the drawbacks.

I am still loving it by the way. Gaming experience is awesome on it (of course Kodi is great as well)

I have to agree. Nvidia has been a breath of fresh air. The way that handle their Android device is very similar to Google Nexus devices. Unlocked bootloaders, fastboot images, complete source code. They even have forum admins who are sincere in helping users, getting visibility on issues to the appropriate people, and knowledgeable... all of which is pretty rare!

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - hifiaudio2 - 2015-06-12

(2015-06-12, 19:50)Martijn Wrote:
(2015-06-12, 18:16)Martijn Wrote: it works but it really depends on Android and the TV itself.

Note:

Err...well, sorry. I only asked about it specifically because you addressed it in your statement above about a new firmware and switching starting to work. Otherwise I have never asked you when or if its being implemented. I know you said it wasn't directed at me, but just saying that is the only reason I even commented. Otherwise my questions about 23.976 have all been in the Geforce forums directed at Nvidia only.

In any case, thanks for your hard work! You guys rock!

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - klaytonix - 2015-06-13

The latest build works great for me! It seems to switch to the proper frame rate, at least according to my tv. Thanks for the work on this!!

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - pedromvu - 2015-06-13

(2015-06-13, 15:55)klaytonix Wrote:

The latest build works great for me! It seems to switch to the proper frame rate, at least according to my tv. Thanks for the work on this!!

Yeah it worked for me now, seems to be a problem with which device turns on first, if the problem happens, i hit restart on the shield and it works fine from then on.

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - Mr.Fantastic - 2015-06-14

hey guys what are your thought on this ? i am looking at buying this as i believe it supports 4k with hdmi 2.0 so in a way it will future proof me for a few years .

thanks advise is appreciated.

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - hifiaudio2 - 2015-06-14

Thoughts on Shield? Overall it's a great device and one of the overall coolest pieces of hardware to come out in a while. Given that it's about two weeks old I would say the improvements have been coming like lightning. Get it!