Kodi Community Forum
NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) (/showthread.php?tid=220297)

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - drhill - 2015-10-10

Refresh rate switching works in 16, there is just a bug where in certain situations you have to back out to the home screen and once more. Then everything works fine after that.

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - nikc0069 - 2015-10-11

Great and I have every faith that the Kodi team will get pass through working. Looks like I'm getting this and relegating my pi2 to tvheadend only!

Two more things - does Netflix do 24p on this? I know it is HD but 24p would be awesome. I've not got anything 4k yet. And also, how big is the power adapter and is it a small barrel connector? Sounds silly but with all my toys I've got very little space in the TV cabinet and the power strip!

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - wesk05 - 2015-10-11

(2015-10-11, 00:31)nikc0069 Wrote: Two more things - does Netflix do 24p on this? I know it is HD but 24p would be awesome. I've not got anything 4k yet. And also, how big is the power adapter and is it a small barrel connector? Sounds silly but with all my toys I've got very little space in the TV cabinet and the power strip!
Netflix client doesn't switch frame rates automatically. You have to set the frame rate on SATV's settings. You can set it to 1080p24. As for the power adapter, it is 2.76"x1.73"x1.39", it is a flat micro usb like power connector.

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - Hiphopopotamus - 2015-10-11

(2015-10-10, 17:59)Blurayx Wrote: Auto frame rate doesn't work after quitting . I have to stop/start for it to start working . Auto frame rate works correctly until I quit kodi again.

This only happens with Kodi 16.0 and nightly builds. Kodi 15.2 rc3 works perfectly.

Has anyone noticed this issue?

I have had this since it was first implemented. If I restart Kodi then the first time I go to watch something I get a black screen. I have to stop it hit play again. If I don't get a black screen, then I don't get frame rate switching, so I have to stop and hot play again.
This still happens and I am on nightly 16.0 Alpha 4 I think.

NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - Krazyflipj - 2015-10-11

I notice picture quality ok kodi 16 isn't as good as stock video player. Is it better on 15.2?

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - Blurayx - 2015-10-11

(2015-10-11, 04:42)Hiphopopotamus Wrote:
(2015-10-10, 17:59)Blurayx Wrote: Auto frame rate doesn't work after quitting . I have to stop/start for it to start working . Auto frame rate works correctly until I quit kodi again.

This only happens with Kodi 16.0 and nightly builds. Kodi 15.2 rc3 works perfectly.

Has anyone noticed this issue?

I have had this since it was first implemented. If I restart Kodi then the first time I go to watch something I get a black screen. I have to stop it hit play again. If I don't get a black screen, then I don't get frame rate switching, so I have to stop and hot play again.
This still happens and I am on nightly 16.0 Alpha 4 I think.
Hi Hippopotamus,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, the current nightly builds are Alpha 4. I have now gone back to kodi 15.2 rc3 until the 23.976 bug is fixed.

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - Nekromantik - 2015-10-11

Im on Alpha 3 of Jarvis and I get same switch behaviour as 15.2.
It sometimes works othertimes I have to pause and go back to menu and then back to movie for it to swich.
It was not flawless on 15.2 either. Not if it is better on rc3 as I was on rc1.

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - Blurayx - 2015-10-11

(2015-10-11, 18:07)Nekromantik Wrote: Im on Alpha 3 of Jarvis and I get same switch behaviour as 15.2.
It sometimes works othertimes I have to pause and go back to menu and then back to movie for it to swich.
It was not flawless on 15.2 either. Not if it is better on rc3 as I was on rc1.

Auto frame rate works perfectly with15.2 rc3 on my NVSTV

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - Rew452 - 2015-10-12

Question for those using HDHomeRun add-on.

Every version of Kodi that I have tried, 14-16 has had problems with stuttering specially when video is panning and pauses from time to to time buffering. Has anyone found a cure.

Also why are there no Nvidia hardware drivers for Kodi? I would think they are available it's been out for over 3 months

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - noggin - 2015-10-12

(2015-10-12, 01:03)Rew452 Wrote: Also why are there no Nvidia hardware drivers for Kodi? I would think they are available it's been out for over 3 months

AIUI the Kodi Android developers are trying hard to move away from bespoke hardware drivers for every Android platform (there are so many of them, and they shouldn't be needed), and instead to use the standard Android APIs that should work across all of them.

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - drhill - 2015-10-12

(2015-10-12, 01:03)Rew452 Wrote: Question for those using HDHomeRun add-on.

Every version of Kodi that I have tried, 14-16 has had problems with stuttering specially when video is panning and pauses from time to to time buffering. Has anyone found a cure.

Also why are there no Nvidia hardware drivers for Kodi? I would think they are available it's been out for over 3 months

Why insist on using Kodi for HDHomerun usage? You could use the HDHomerun View app, or if you download the View app you can use Google's Live Channels app. I've watched many many hours of football the last month+ with the Live Channels app with not a single problem.

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - Rew452 - 2015-10-12

Yes of course but sound is only PCM stereo for those, in Kodi I get DD 5.1, My use is home theater.

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - drhill - 2015-10-12

Got ya. Silicondust is working on that one. I deal with the stereo sounds as I know it is only for a short time but it is a bit annoying.

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - querty1000 - 2015-10-12

[16GB shield with 32GB mSDcard]
the Kodi.app is moved to the SD-card but it looks like that the complete Database is on the internal storage. How can i move that?

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - crystalgipsy - 2015-10-12

Another one for auto framerate switching not working all the time. Using 15.2 rc3. When Kodi first started and movie selected I get black screen and its paused. I have to stop and restart for it to switch to 23.976. After this first go it seems to work ok for all other movies selected. I have it set to start/stop in the settings.