Kodi Community Forum
NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) (/showthread.php?tid=220297)

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - jsteinm1 - 2015-10-22

I'm getting closer and closer to dropping the hammer on a Shield TV, but wanted to see what everyone is using for remotes for it? The nVidia one? The Rii i25 looks nice, but not sure if it will work with the Sheild.

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - couto27 - 2015-10-22

(2015-10-22, 20:43)jsteinm1 Wrote: I'm getting closer and closer to dropping the hammer on a Shield TV, but wanted to see what everyone is using for remotes for it? The nVidia one? The Rii i25 looks nice, but not sure if it will work with the Sheild.

Get a Harmony Ultimate if you have lots of devices and activities to use..

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - ScottAllyn01 - 2015-10-22

(2015-10-22, 20:43)jsteinm1 Wrote: I'm getting closer and closer to dropping the hammer on a Shield TV, but wanted to see what everyone is using for remotes for it? The nVidia one? The Rii i25 looks nice, but not sure if it will work with the Sheild.

I have the nVidia remote but don't use it much. There are just not enough buttons on the thing; imo it needs at least a play/pause button and a menu button in addition to what it currently has. I also think that the search button and the OK button / Navigation Ring should be swapped in position. Every single person who has picked up my remote ends up with their thumb "naturally" resting on the search button and then has to shift the remote slightly in their hands to bring the OK button / Nav ring under their thumb.

I use a URC MX-450 with the IR dongle that came with this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00224ZDFY

...works great in both Kodi and the Shield TV interface.

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - iHateMemphiz - 2015-10-22

I have a URC MX-900 and I simply added the hex codes found here: http://pastebin.com/T1m8K61v
No need to have an IR dongle on the shield

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - jsteinm1 - 2015-10-22

Yikes, I should specify the remote must cost less than the Sheild Big Grin

I don't really have many devices, other than my TV, to turn on at this time. Main thing, just need a good remote for surfing the menus and such. Thanks for your guys' input.

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - vn800art - 2015-10-22

Logitech Keyboard K400r

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - drhill - 2015-10-22

Logitech home control works as well as the ultimate

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - drhill - 2015-10-22

Logitech home control works as well as the ultimate

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - ScottAllyn01 - 2015-10-22

(2015-10-22, 22:38)jsteinm1 Wrote: Yikes, I should specify the remote must cost less than the Sheild Big Grin

I don't really have many devices, other than my TV, to turn on at this time. Main thing, just need a good remote for surfing the menus and such. Thanks for your guys' input.

This remote is inexpensive and works really well with the Shield TV:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00224ZDFY

The IR receiver that's bundled with it (which I use with my URC remote) is very sensitive; I can hold that remote under my shirt and press buttons and it'll still detect the presses.

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - djyoyo - 2015-10-23

(2015-10-22, 23:15)ScottAllyn01 Wrote:
(2015-10-22, 22:38)jsteinm1 Wrote: Yikes, I should specify the remote must cost less than the Sheild Big Grin

This remote is inexpensive and works really well with the Shield TV:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00224ZDFY

The IR receiver that's bundled with it (which I use with my URC remote) is very sensitive; I can hold that remote under my shirt and press buttons and it'll still detect the presses.

Yeah same here, remote works great!

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - ChicagoCoin - 2015-10-23

I'm new to this so excuse me, tried some searches but results were mixed.
I think I will purchase the Shield to replace 2 Mediasonic Homeworx converters with usb, purchased in the last year, discovered Kodi again after xbmc years ago and my head is spinning.Huh

My questions are mostly about displays, I have 3 tv's, my main Sony smart tv in the living room, another Samsung tv in the living room, dumb (no wifi or ethernet) and another dumb Sony tv in the bedroom, both of the dumb tv's have hdmi.
I have a Kinovo HS420 hdmi matrix, wondering if you think I could watch Kodi on the dumb tv's via hdmi?

I've read reviews about a possible solution for multiple displays with HDHomeRun but my other 2 tv's don't have ethernet or wifi and I don't care about phones or tablets.
If you believe the hdmi matrix would work, the Samsung is very close to me, the bedroom Sony (hdmi) would need a 25 foot cord.
(have an Onkyo receiver, harmony remote, and a rca universal remote in the bedroom)

One last question, I also have a Astro MixAmp connected to a Optical digital Matrix and Sennheiser headphones, just wondering if these will function with the Shield?

Thanks in advance for any input.

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - Skank - 2015-10-23

Where do you get android shield tv from Belgium? (cheapest)Huh?[/align]

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - Ogreen - 2015-10-23

Hello,
I have strange things since I installed the last kodi 15.2 official version on my shield.
When I play a 23.976 movie everything is good Wink, but when I play 50Hz series, it's good for a couple of minutes and after I have a lot of stutter, for all series episodes I have.
Sometimes I just have to press PAUSE and PLAY and it works for few minutes before to come back again, sometimes it doesn't work when I play PAUSE and PLAY, always stutter.
When I use internal android player, it's ok !
All files are in HD. 720p for most of series files.
I did'nt have this kind of problem before, and I don't where the issue is, video settings are good because 23.976 is perfectly played. (autoframe)
If someone can hep me
Thanks
regards

Edit: I tested with my PI2 with openelec kodi and no problem (same settings on kodi)

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - Skank - 2015-10-23

Would it be ok to say kodi with shield will get hd audio around christmas or is that an utopy?

or will it never come..

Are devs working on this ? Anyone know?

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - Ogreen - 2015-10-23

(2015-10-23, 11:48)Skank Wrote: Would it be ok to say kodi with shield will get hd audio around christmas or is that an utopy?

or will it never come..

Are devs working on this ? Anyone know?

With Android 6, when Nvidia will do the update it will be very fast I think Wink
But now it's possible to have LPCM with kodi 16 alpha, it's not too bad at the moment Wink