Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rapier 8.8.15 for Kodi 15 Isengard [DEPRECATED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Rapier (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rapier 8.8.15 for Kodi 15 Isengard [DEPRECATED] (/showthread.php?tid=220360)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: [RELEASE] Rapier 8.5.1 for Kodi 15.x Isengard - Gade - 2016-01-02

(2016-01-02, 12:22)steve11 Wrote: Hi Gade, hope you had a nice NYE!
Sorry maybe I misunderstood, did you already implement the change involving the poster being displayed when paused?
Or is this coming in an update?

Hi Steve. Thanks, hope the same for you! Smile

It's added from next update.

Already pushed to Github though, so I guess you could copy the contents of the 720p folder of the Isengard branch to your skin.rapier/720p folder.

RE: [RELEASE] Rapier 8.5.1 for Kodi 15.x Isengard - steve11 - 2016-01-02

Ah great, thx once again!

RE: [RELEASE] Rapier 8.5.1 for Kodi 15.x Isengard - wheelzi31 - 2016-01-05

Gade did u get the video?

thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Rapier 8.5.1 for Kodi 15.x Isengard - Gade - 2016-01-05

(2015-12-31, 03:00)wheelzi31 Wrote:
(2015-12-29, 02:39)Gade Wrote:
(2015-12-28, 13:26)wheelzi31 Wrote: Hi Gade hope you had a good holiday. i downloaded the xml and replaced it. unfortunatly theres still no change.

in theroy it should be tho

Thaanks

Thanks, i hope you had the same Smile

Hmm... I don't understand, as that should absolutely do it.

Can you explain in detail what you did? Did you reload the skin / restart Kodi after you replaced the file?

Hi Gade .

Yea i made a video showing exactly what i did hope it helps

Info

Cheers

Hi wheelzi31.

It looks correct with the video, although I didn't see you pasting the new file and overwriting the old one?

That should absolutely make it work.

RE: [RELEASE] Rapier 8.5.1 for Kodi 15.x Isengard - wheelzi31 - 2016-01-05

I used ctrl c and v lol. I'm not sure. Sorry

RE: [RELEASE] Rapier 8.5.1 for Kodi 15.x Isengard - Gade - 2016-01-05

TESTERS NEEDED!

I just pushed v8.6.0 to my development repo.

NOTE: This update will reset ALL custom category backgrounds.

I really appreciate any feedback on:
  • New custom category fanart backgrounds. Skin Settings > Home > Category Menu > Add More Categories / 2 / 3 / 4 > Background (at the bottom).
  • All home screen widgets. Some of them have been largely rewritten, increasing speed and load times and fixing bugs. Recently added movies and episodes widgets only shows unwatched items.

Cheers
Gade

RE: [RELEASE] Rapier 8.5.1 for Kodi 15.x Isengard - danny1220 - 2016-01-11

I want to say that I love your work. I'm fairly new to Kodi, and have already tried several builds and skins. To me, Rapier is top notch. I just have one request, if you will. You give the options to have onscreen shortcuts used on the movies category as well as a few others. Would it be possible to make it so that option is available on all categories to include custom added?

RE: [RELEASE] Rapier 8.5.1 for Kodi 15.x Isengard - Gade - 2016-01-11

(2016-01-11, 04:08)danny1220 Wrote: I want to say that I love your work. I'm fairly new to Kodi, and have already tried several builds and skins. To me, Rapier is top notch. I just have one request, if you will. You give the options to have onscreen shortcuts used on the movies category as well as a few others. Would it be possible to make it so that option is available on all categories to include custom added?

Hi Danny and welcome to the forums.

Thanks a lot for the kind words Smile

It's a very good idea and it's already on my very long to-do-list. The thing is that it requires a ton of work and coding. So it will probably get done at some point, but it will not be right away.

Cheers
Gade

RE: [RELEASE] Rapier 8.5.1 for Kodi 15.x Isengard - Gade - 2016-02-14

UPDATE: Rapier 8.7.0 is available through the official Kodi repository!

This update is installed automatically.
If this is not the case, you can download it here.

The highlights are:
  • Skin Settings > General > Startup. Added a setting to enable startup video, music or image.
  • PVR Stream Information when displaying codec info for fullscreen live radio.
  • Redesign and positioning of home screen weather widget.
  • Redesign and positioning of home screen system widget.
  • A new view type has been added for movies and sets: Recommended View. This shows recommended movies for the focused movie in your library (requires script.extendedinfo).
  • Fullscreen music OSD: a new menu has been added for visualisation options. It is displayed automatically when the visualisation button is focused.
  • Fanart backgrounds has been added for all custom categories: movies / tv shows / videos / music - random / recent / in progress / unwatched fanart. NOTE: This will break all current custom category backgrounds!

FULL CHANGELOG
Code:
8.7.0 (12-February-16)
- Greatly improved visible conditions of fullscreen OSD, information and codec information dialogs.
- Added General skin setting to enable startup video, audio or image.
- Added PVR Stream Information when displaying codec info for fullscreen live radio.
- Improved skin settings Media and Backgrounds.
- All movie, set, tv show, episode and music video star ratings are now using half stars (0-10).
- Label position fix for RSS Editor windows.
- Update of home screen system info widget.
- Bugfixing of images in DialogVideoInfo.xml
- Added view option to movies, tv shows and seasons to show year in the info pane.
- Added new view type to movies and sets library: Recommended View (using script.extendedinfo).
- Bugfixing of blu-ray and dvd media flags.
- Removed startup delay from some sounds.
- Add-on settings dialog is now centered in fullscreen video and audio window.
- Update of music OSD. New menu is added for Visualisations.
- Updated languages from Transifex.
- Update of text viewer dialog.
- Updated some textures in video libraries.
- Added fanart backgrounds (movies, tv shows, videos, music: random, recent, in progress, unwatched) to custom categories. THIS WILL BREAK ALL CURRENT CUSTOM CATEGORY BACKGROUNDS!
- Updated some home screen category image languages.
- Redesign of home screen weather widget.
- Changed position of home screen system information widget.
- When movies or tv show episodes are paused, a poster or clear art / clear logo will be visible in the bottom left corner.
- Added PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live visible condition to DialogSeekBar.xml
- Bugfixing of home screen In Progress episodes and movies.
- Improved visible conditions for home screen widgets.
- Added labels for music OSD random and repeat buttons.
- Bugfixing of fanart images in Extended List View.

- Update of home screen system info widget.
- Changed position of home screen system information widget.

Added new view type to movies and sets library: Recommended View (using script.extendedinfo).

Update of music OSD. New menu is added for Visualisations.

Added fanart backgrounds (movies, tv shows, videos, music: random, recent, in progress, unwatched) to custom categories.
THIS WILL BREAK ALL CURRENT CUSTOM CATEGORY BACKGROUNDS!

CONTINUED IN THE NEXT POST...

RE: [RELEASE] Rapier 8.5.1 for Kodi 15.x Isengard - Gade - 2016-02-14

CONTINUED...

Redesign of home screen weather widget.

When movies or tv show episodes are paused, a poster or clear art / clear logo will be visible in the bottom left corner.

ENJOY!

RE: [RELEASE] Rapier 8.7.0 for Kodi 15.x Isengard - Halwende - 2016-02-15

Not sure if related but tonight I noticed my "in progress" widget on TV Shows isn't updating / refreshing. It was all good 3 days ago (been away all weekend). Before when an episode finished and we return to the main screen the widget would flash slightly and refresh, now - it highlights the episode name blue for a second and does nothing - strange

Can I upload a log to help or is this a known bug?

RE: [RELEASE] Rapier 8.7.0 for Kodi 15.x Isengard - kholdstare - 2016-02-19

not sure if you are still supporting it but i have an android box stuck on helix and when using this skin some of the dialog boxes like error messages do no display correctly

RE: [RELEASE] Rapier 8.7.0 for Kodi 15.x Isengard - Gade - 2016-02-20

(2016-02-15, 11:12)Halwende Wrote: Not sure if related but tonight I noticed my "in progress" widget on TV Shows isn't updating / refreshing. It was all good 3 days ago (been away all weekend). Before when an episode finished and we return to the main screen the widget would flash slightly and refresh, now - it highlights the episode name blue for a second and does nothing - strange

Hi Halwende and welcome to the forums.

That widget was updated to support more features and faster load times. It now uses a different script than before.

It works as expected on all my platforms. Does it still not get updated?

I use the code provided for the add-on, so maybe this is something to ask in the add-on thread Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Rapier 8.7.0 for Kodi 15.x Isengard - Gade - 2016-02-20

(2016-02-19, 22:24)kholdstare Wrote: not sure if you are still supporting it but i have an android box stuck on helix and when using this skin some of the dialog boxes like error messages do no display correctly

Hi kholdstare.

This thread is for Rapier 8.x / Kodi 15 Isengard.

Which version of Rapier do you use with which version of Kodi?

Rapier 14.x for Helix has just had its final update and will no longer be supported.

RE: [RELEASE] Rapier 8.7.0 for Kodi 15.x Isengard - Gade - 2016-02-22

(2016-02-15, 11:12)Halwende Wrote: Not sure if related but tonight I noticed my "in progress" widget on TV Shows isn't updating / refreshing. It was all good 3 days ago (been away all weekend). Before when an episode finished and we return to the main screen the widget would flash slightly and refresh, now - it highlights the episode name blue for a second and does nothing - strange

I just saw that the script.skin.helper.service had a recent update to fix widgets not updating. Can you confirm that it now works?

You can check to see if you have script.skin.helper.service version 1.0.43 on your system.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.