Kodi Community Forum
Trakt.tv v3 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Service Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=152)
+---- Thread: Trakt.tv v3 (/showthread.php?tid=220547)

RE: Trakt.tv v3 - RvdS - 2022-03-10

For some reason I seem to have synchronisation issues with Trakt.

I am on add-on version 3.5 with Kodi 19.4 on 2 identical setups (the whole Kodi shazam).
Here it goes;
  • Authorization is OK and working.
  • For exclusions I checked Live-TV and HTTP sources to be excluded.
  • I also excluded (from the library) a few series I do not want synchronised (they show up with their full SMB path after selecting from the library). They are known to have been unwatched or watched at the Trakt site however.
  • Synchronisation is set to run at update, or clean-up of the library.
All works well, except for the series I excluded. They do get synchronised on both setups, no matter what I try.

Is the error at the keyboard (me), or is something off between the Trakt add-on and the Trakt site?
Any insight would be much appreciated.

RE: Trakt.tv v3 - gibxxi - 2022-03-14

(2022-03-04, 16:02)lightsout Wrote:
(2021-11-24, 02:42)gibxxi Wrote: Now try a manual Trakt re-sync and see if it's still marked as "unwatched". It's never worked for me. Upon each library refresh the status has been reset back to "watched" when Trakt does it's auto-sync for me. Perhaps I'm missing something obvious here.

Confused

Dan / Gib.

How do you do a manual resync?

Start the app manually from the <addons -> program addons -> trakt> area, wherever this exists in the skin your using. It will automatically trigger a re-sync.

Dan / Gib.

RE: Trakt.tv v3 - lightsout - 2022-03-14

(2022-03-14, 20:09)gibxxi Wrote:
(2022-03-04, 16:02)lightsout Wrote:
(2021-11-24, 02:42)gibxxi Wrote: Now try a manual Trakt re-sync and see if it's still marked as "unwatched". It's never worked for me. Upon each library refresh the status has been reset back to "watched" when Trakt does it's auto-sync for me. Perhaps I'm missing something obvious here.

Confused

Dan / Gib.

How do you do a manual resync?

Start the app manually from the <addons -> program addons -> trakt> area, wherever this exists in the skin your using. It will automatically trigger a re-sync.

Dan / Gib.

Will do thanks.

RE: Trakt.tv v3 - MisterXX - 2022-03-26

Since March, 13th the Trakt addon does not synchronize my watched state of tv shows.
It works for movies and also the collection is synching perfectly. Only the watched state of tv shows is affected.
Here is my debug log: https://pastebin.com/MkcLfcmG
You can find the relevant part starting at line 1369.
The addon receives a server error 500, so it seems to be a server error, not a client error. But if it was a server error, I would expect similar reports by other users, which a can't find in this forum.

RE: Trakt.tv v3 - Razze - 2022-03-27

Those endpoints are user specific, so it could be some bug, caused by the data you have in your account, you'll likely need to contact trakt support.

RE: Trakt.tv v3 - MisterXX - 2022-03-27

Thanks for your input, I opened a ticket at Trakt.

RE: Trakt.tv v3 - G0mez - 2022-03-28

Wonder if anyone else is having this issue or if it's known bug. If I let movie run to the end, sometimes I'm not getting rating popup. This happends quite often. But if I stop playback before it ends, then rating popup will show up

Using Kodi 19.4 on shield tv

RE: Trakt.tv v3 - Lentzeris - 2022-04-03

(2022-03-26, 23:21)MisterXX Wrote: Since March, 13th the Trakt addon does not synchronize my watched state of tv shows.
It works for movies and also the collection is synching perfectly. Only the watched state of tv shows is affected.
Here is my debug log: https://pastebin.com/MkcLfcmG
You can find the relevant part starting at line 1369.
The addon receives a server error 500, so it seems to be a server error, not a client error. But if it was a server error, I would expect similar reports by other users, which a can't find in this forum.

I have been getting the same errors, and most shows and movies are not being synced (collected or watched).
I rescraped the whole library, but the errors persist.

RE: Trakt.tv v3 - MisterXX - 2022-04-03

(2022-04-03, 07:12)Lentzeris Wrote: I have been getting the same errors, and most shows and movies are not being synced (collected or watched).
I rescraped the whole library, but the errors persist.
My problem is solved. I discovered that that were more movies and shows in Kodi compared to Trakt and for some videos it was also the other way around. I identified all these videos and removed them temporarily from Kodi. There were also severall watches to much in Trakt (e.g. a movie which were seen 20 times or so). I also removed all this and downed it to one watch for every movie and episode.
After that work, I had the same content in Kodi and in Trakt and syncing worked again. Then I put all the removed movies and shows back to Kodi one after the other, scraped it again and let it sync with Trakt. I still have eight movies in Trakt to much, but I'm to lazy to identify them. Sync works with no errors now.

RE: Trakt.tv v3 - Lentzeris - 2022-04-03

My logfile has a warning with the description:
“[script.trakt] trakt.interfaces.base: Request failed: “GET /sync/collection/shows” -500: “Server error” (Server Error)
After this, the trakt script stops running and the sync process hangs.
I wonder if there was something changed on the Trakt Api.

RE: Trakt.tv v3 - AakashC2020 - 2022-05-02

Hi,

I'm also facing these same errors with the Trakt addon and any other addon that uses Trakt scrobbling. I'm receiving errors like "Connection reset by peer", "Read timed out", "Unable to send stop command", "Unknown error connecting to Trakt", etc. I found out that for some short length episodes like 6-7 minutes the Trakt sync is working fine and the episodes are getting marked as watched in Trakt. However, for videos with runtime 20 minutes or more the Trakt sync is not working and videos are not getting marked as watched. I also noticed that if I rewind, forward, or stop the video in the middle then the video gets marked as watched in Trakt, but if I let the video run till the end without stopping then the video doesn't get marked as watched in Trakt. I tried all types of troubleshooting, contacted the addon developers, Trakt support team, etc., but no one could help me. Then I noticed that other people in this forum and also in Github are facing similar issues. I'm using Trakt addon latest version 3.5.0 with Arctic Horizon skin in Nvidia Shield TV Pro device with Android 11. I've tried using multiple Trakt accounts and the same issue is happening in all. I've set both the Trakt addon startup delay and the Trakt scrobbling startup delay as 3, as suggested by some users in some posts, still the mark as watched feature is not working. I'm now manually marking the videos as watched after completing them. Even the rating popup never comes up once the video ends, so I've turned that feature off. I guess that the Trakt addon is not sending the "Stop" command when the video scrobbling ends, if played continuously without stopping. Could anyone please advise?

Thanks and Regards,
ShibajiCh.

RE: Trakt.tv v3 - shedrock - 2022-05-03

I'm not sure if a lot of users who sync with trakt.tv are aware that there is a script that fixes all your duplicate entries etc., so I figured I'll post the link here.

https://huere.net/trakt/duplicate_removal/

This is another one below, but the top method works best for me.

http://www.brendanspijkerman.nl/trakthistorymanager/

Hope this is useful to other as much as it is for me.

Regards,

Shedrock

RE: Trakt.tv v3 - Nekromantik - 2022-05-08

anyone else have problems with trakt add on not syncing watched status from 2 Kodi devices?
on my main device a NUC it syncs and works but on my second device a RPi 4 it does not. Settings in plugin are same as my NUC.

RE: Trakt.tv v3 - Tarkus_ - 2022-05-08

Perhaps try to reset the registration on the device that's not working.

RE: Trakt.tv v3 - Nekromantik - 2022-05-08

(2022-05-08, 17:52)Tarkus_ Wrote: Perhaps try to reset the registration on the device that's not working.

already reset add on to defaults and re authenticated