Kodi Community Forum
Trakt.tv v3 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Service Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=152)
+---- Thread: Trakt.tv v3 (/showthread.php?tid=220547)

RE: Trakt.tv v3 - RamboUnchained - 2015-05-22

(2015-05-22, 13:30)manu4000liege Wrote: CoolBig Grin
All is working perfectly now for me.
I don't have to re-enter the PIN everytime, scrobbling works, synchro works.
Thanks for the great job.

Same here. I'm going V.I.P soon because of this experience. I typically don't donate until I have a problem and I get to gauge how the support team handles it. Well, this is definitely good enough for a donation. I honestly wouldn't even mind if it were a pay-only service. This addon is a critical piece of any experienced HTPC user's repertoire.

RE: Trakt.tv v3 - jordandk - 2015-05-22

(2015-05-20, 22:58)Razze Wrote: Are you sure its activated in the settings?

Yes it's activated in the settings. I will try to forced a sync when I'm going to bed tonight, to check if that helps.

RE: Trakt.tv v3 - Razze - 2015-05-23

@livetv
It's probably not handling the channel media type

(2015-05-22, 22:00)jordandk Wrote:

Yes it's activated in the settings. I will try to forced a sync when I'm going to bed tonight, to check if that helps.

Well as far as I remember you had the same problem that Rambo had. So this should probably be gone.

RE: Trakt.tv v3 - komplex - 2015-05-23

(2015-05-23, 09:18)Razze Wrote: @livetv

So is this a kodi/dvbviewer/addon issue? It has never bothered me in the past as i always had "Exclude Live TV" on, i just decided to test it yesterday and noticed it wasn't working

RE: Trakt.tv v3 - Razze - 2015-05-23

The one your seeing is an trakt addon problem. Not sure if I have time to look into it

RE: Trakt.tv v3 - marhutchy - 2015-05-25

I think this is a Trakt problem.

I have Friends TV series in my Trakt collection.
I linked my Trakt account to Genesis.
Then I downloaded the Friends streams and The Wire streams. They're downloaded in this naming pattern Friends S01E01.strm and The Wire S01E01.strm.
I added the entire TVShows folder to Kodi.
Both shows were scraped as Friends and The Wire in my Kodi library via TVDB.
When I viewed The Wire, I realized all the episodes had their respective titles, episode number and plot.
When I viewed Friends, the episodes remained the same Friends S01E01 with no additional info.
I played it nonetheless and realized it was being scrobbled as S01E01 episode 1. I went to Trakt and realized that this Friends series was being scrobbled and not this Friends.
SO, I used mediaelch and scraped the entire series (series and episodes). I then refreshed the series in Kodi and all the episodes now had their respective titles, episode number and plot.
However, it was still being scrobbled as this Friends.
Granted it's only 4 episodes, but it's annoying. I can manually remove plays on Trakt.tv, but the right Friends plays wouldn't be updated.

So, I'm guessing Trakt addon scrobbles the file name instead of the scraped name in Kodi?
If it only scrobbles the file name, it would explain why it would be confused with a similar series of the same name.

RE: Trakt.tv v3 - jes0411 - 2015-05-25

(2015-05-25, 01:59)marhutchy Wrote: I think this is a Trakt problem.

Then I downloaded the Friends streams and The Wire streams. They're downloaded in this naming pattern Friends S01E01.strm and The Wire S01E01.strm.
When I viewed The Wire, I realized all the episodes had their respective titles, episode number and plot.
When I viewed Friends, the episodes remained the same Friends S01E01 with no additional info.
I played it nonetheless and realized it was being scrobbled as S01E01 episode 1. I went to Trakt and realized that this Friends series was being scrobbled and not this Friends.
SO, I used mediaelch and scraped the entire series (series and episodes). I then refreshed the series in Kodi and all the episodes now had their respective titles, episode number and plot.
Granted it's only 4 episodes, but it's annoying. I can manually remove plays on Trakt.tv, but the right Friends plays wouldn't be updated.

So, I'm guessing Trakt addon scrobbles the file name instead of the scraped name in Kodi?
If it only scrobbles the file name, it would explain why it would be confused with a similar series of the same name.
Something similar happens with Dragon Ball Z
There are 2 on trakt.tv, the original one (1989) and other one (1996).
I have the original one and when I watch an episode it's scrobbled as 1996 one.
But if I manually mark it as watched and then execute trakt addon the correct one is added as watched to trakt.
Tvdb scrapped the correct one, error is only with trakt.

(2015-05-25, 02:26)jes0411 Wrote:

Something similar happens with Dragon Ball Z
There are 2 on trakt.tv, the original one (1989) and other one (1996).
I have the original one and when I watch an episode it's scrobbled as 1996 one.
But if I manually mark it as watched and then execute trakt addon the correct one is added as watched to trakt.
Tvdb scrapped the correct one, error is only with trakt.

I see. I think they need to append the years to series with the same names.

Alright, it's official - Trakt addon is definitely scrobbling Friends wrong.

On TVDB, the popular Friends TV series is titled Friends. The one that the addon's scrobbling is Friends (2002). Trakt addon scrobbled from episode 1 to 4 as Friends, but when I reached episode 5 and upwards it stopped scrobbling. If it was just the names being similar, then it would've started scrobbling Friends, but it didn't.

RE: Trakt.tv v3 - Razze - 2015-05-25

Thats down to that addon starting with G. It's only giving back the title so the trakt addon needs to guess.
This can only be solved by the other addon

The addon's giving back Friends S01E01.
Same as the series.
Genius is linked to Trakt. Genius gave me the same title and the same number of seasons and episodes that are on Trakt.
Please explain. I don't think I'm understanding.

EDIT:
I just tried renaming the filename to F.R.I.E.N.D.S. Trakt didn't recognized it.
TVDB has Friends as Friends, but Trakt is scrobbling it as another Friends.

I think Trakt should scrobble based on the title in Kodi and not the filename.

RE: Trakt.tv v3 - Razze - 2015-05-25

Genesis is not giving us metadata that checks out.
As they only use the title field (none of the ids), they would at least need to add the year and get rid of the UK/US in the title.

You know what's the weirdest thing?

I deleted the Friends folder, watched episode 1 via searching from Genius addon, and Trakt scrobbled it correctly.
I then re-downloaded Friends streams and it was scraped great this time, no .nfo files needed. But it scrobbled as the other Friends again.

It's definitely the downloaded filename. I'm going to rename each file via filebot, re-add them, and see what happens.

Problem running addon - Dragonnanny - 2015-05-26

Hi! I've followed this thread and I tried most of the suggestions here with no results. I had Trakt.tv addon installed on and Android Smart TV and it was working flawlessly. Then I did a fresh reinstall and got the 3.0.1 update. I can't get it to start, it says "Script failed" and I have no idea why. Could you please help me?

Thank you. Blush

UPDATE:
Never mind, I think I just solved my issue... I uninstalled (again), rebooted and wasn't able to reinstall from repository. So, I downloaded from github as zip, installed, entered PIN and now it's working.

I'm really happy since I've come to rely on this add-on!

RE: Trakt.tv v3 - jordandk - 2015-05-26

(2015-05-23, 09:18)Razze Wrote: @livetv

(2015-05-22, 22:00)jordandk Wrote:

Well as far as I remember you had the same problem that Rambo had. So this should probably be gone.

I don't have any problems anymore, after I updated the pin on both machines. Big Grin