Kodi Community Forum
Trakt.tv v3 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Service Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=152)
+---- Thread: Trakt.tv v3 (/showthread.php?tid=220547)

RE: Trakt.tv v3 - A3Sh - 2016-02-28

james_ss - I had VPN on and disabled it. But still no succes. What do you mean with excluding traffic from the tunnel? Thanks!

A3Sh

RE: Trakt.tv v3 - james_ss - 2016-02-29

(2016-02-28, 21:33)A3Sh Wrote: james_ss - I had VPN on and disabled it. But still no succes. What do you mean with excluding traffic from the tunnel? Thanks!

A3Sh

When I had a problem authorizing, it was because Trakt didn't like being connected to from a VPN service. I excluded traffic to 104.16.0.0/12 being sent via the VPN which resolved my problem.

Steve

RE: Trakt.tv v3 - Deihmos - 2016-02-29

(2016-01-15, 04:47)aptalca Wrote:
(2016-01-15, 04:17)menakite Wrote: It needs the library to be synchronized *to* Trakt, either manually or by updating/cleaning the library, if the option to sync the library afterwards is enabled in settings.
After that, client 2 needs to synchronize the library *from* Trakt.
It didn't work for me either. Not for movies or tv shows.

I ended up setting up a mysql server instead

I never got this to work either. It works on Plex but never got it to work on Kodi. On Plex it sync the TV show progress but movies never works. Kodi does not sync TV or Movie progress.

Here is from log
Getting playback progress from Trakt.tv
03:23:56 T:5072 DEBUG: [script.trakt] syncMovies: [Movies Sync] Invalid Trakt.tv playback progress list, possible error getting data from Trakt, aborting Trakt.tv playback update.

[Playback Sync] Getting playback progress from Trakt.tv
03:24:04 T:5072 DEBUG: [script.trakt] requests.packages.urllib3.connectionpool: "GET /sync/playback/episodes HTTP/1.1" 200 None

RE: Trakt.tv v3 - Razze - 2016-02-29

(2016-02-29, 09:07)Deihmos Wrote:
(2016-01-15, 04:17)menakite Wrote: It needs the library to be synchronized *to* Trakt, either manually or by updating/cleaning the library, if the option to sync the library afterwards is enabled in settings.

I never got this to work either. It works on Plex but never got it to work on Kodi. On Plex it sync the TV show progress but movies never works. Kodi does not sync TV or Movie progress.

Here is from log
Getting playback progress from Trakt.tv
03:23:56 T:5072 DEBUG: [script.trakt] syncMovies: [Movies Sync] Invalid Trakt.tv playback progress list, possible error getting data from Trakt, aborting Trakt.tv playback update.

[Playback Sync] Getting playback progress from Trakt.tv
03:24:04 T:5072 DEBUG: [script.trakt] requests.packages.urllib3.connectionpool: "GET /sync/playback/episodes HTTP/1.1" 200 None

Yes, movies was broken I just pushed a fix, expect it to update tomorrow.
Episodes seem fine to me.

RE: Trakt.tv v3 - burekas - 2016-02-29

Hi,

@Razze
What is the best way to mark an item in library as Unwatched and sync it to Trakt?
Because everyway I'm trying, after sync the library with Trakt, it back to be as Watched.

I do it through the Trakt context menu and choosing "Toggle watched", the watched tag is removed, but after sych library through the context menu or launch the Trakt app, it back to "Watched".

(Trakt 3.0.7 | Kodi 15.2)

Thanks.

RE: Trakt.tv v3 - A3Sh - 2016-02-29

james_ss - Unfortunately no succes. I uninstalled my VPN software to be sure if that was the issue, but this was not the problem apparently. Anyone else familiar with the 'trakt.tv PIn Authorization failed" problem? Tips are appreciated Smile Thanks!
A3Sh

RE: Trakt.tv v3 - bluenote - 2016-02-29

(2016-02-28, 02:37)Razze Wrote:
(2016-02-28, 00:40)bluenote Wrote: ^^ makes me want to cry.

Razze, didn't seem like issues were available on your github. I was hoping you would consider triggering sync every x hours. i find every update to be really onerous.

thanks Smile

I've relocated those issues to https://github.com/trakt/script.trakt/issues

Anyway, isn't the sync on library update enough? Don't want to spam trakt with requests Wink
But if you really want this, I think there is a scheduling addon in our repo, that can do this?

Actually you and I have the same goal in mind - less requests. For various reasons I get a LOT of syncs triggered when I use this setting, various addons trigger mini updates and this seems to trigger the trakt sync, often right after one another too. I actually only want to run one sync a day but that's not possible so I have to keep it set to manual.

I'm afraid I didn't understand where to look in regards to the scheduler you mentioned. Is this the kodi repo we are talking about?

thanks

RE: Trakt.tv v3 - zilexa - 2016-03-01

Just noticed this. I think you are using Trakt the wrong way with multiple devices.
I have 1 main Kodi device (Raspberry Pi2 running OSMC) with Trakt addon. Watched status is kept in sync.If I ever delete my library or have a secondary device outside of my home network, I can use Trakt for it.

For my second device (bedroom RPi1) I simply use the UPNP library feature of Kodi! It allows you to access your library exactly as is on your main device. With Fanart and subtitles support. I believe UPNP is a far more efficient way of handing this, because otherwise you are sending data from your network to the cloud just to update another device within your network. That wouldn't make much sense. Also, by using UPNP, you free up lots of resources since you don't need mysql server running. It's plain and simple.

Just my 2 cents!

RE: Trakt.tv v3 - nb2a - 2016-03-01

Will this addon update automatically to the latest version? I still need to find more info on how this actually works anyway. Thanks for the efforts.

Trakt.tv v3 - Deihmos - 2016-03-01

(2016-03-01, 14:55)zilexa Wrote:

Just noticed this. I think you are using Trakt the wrong way with multiple devices.
I have 1 main Kodi device (Raspberry Pi2 running OSMC) with Trakt addon. Watched status is kept in sync.If I ever delete my library or have a secondary device outside of my home network, I can use Trakt for it.

For my second device (bedroom RPi1) I simply use the UPNP library feature of Kodi! It allows you to access your library exactly as is on your main device. With Fanart and subtitles support. I believe UPNP is a far more efficient way of handing this, because otherwise you are sending data from your network to the cloud just to update another device within your network. That wouldn't make much sense. Also, by using UPNP, you free up lots of resources since you don't need mysql server running. It's plain and simple.

Just my 2 cents!

UPNP is terrible for my use and MySQL resource use is not noticeable. For one you can't use UPNP with multi users and you must have Kodi running to use it. I don't even think watch stats and resume points work with UPNP.

My use of the trakt plugin is to keep plex and Kodi in sync. Watch stats are kept in sync but I would also like resume points to sync. It works on Plex but not Kodi.

RE: Trakt.tv v3 - Seven_PRX - 2016-03-01

(2016-02-26, 00:58)Razze Wrote: Logfiles guys, see the first post on how to do them

16:12:02 T:2224 FATAL: [script.trakt] service: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'KeyError'>
Error Contents: ('id',)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\XBMC\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.trakt\service.py", line 46, in _dispatch
self.scrobbler.playbackResumed()
File "C:\Users\XBMC\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.trakt\scrobbler.py", line 203, in playbackResumed
self.__scrobble('start')
File "C:\Users\XBMC\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.trakt\scrobbler.py", line 274, in __scrobble
response['episode']['episodeid'] = self.curVideo['id']
KeyError: 'id'
-->End of Python script error report<--

16:19:33 T:2224 FATAL: [script.trakt] service: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'KeyError'>
Error Contents: ('id',)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\XBMC\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.trakt\service.py", line 42, in _dispatch
self.scrobbler.playbackEnded()
File "C:\Users\XBMC\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.trakt\scrobbler.py", line 234, in playbackEnded
self.__scrobble('stop')
File "C:\Users\XBMC\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.trakt\scrobbler.py", line 274, in __scrobble
response['episode']['episodeid'] = self.curVideo['id']
KeyError: 'id'
-->End of Python script error report<--

RE: Trakt.tv v3 - A3Sh - 2016-03-02

Hi,
I still didn't solve the error 'trakt.tv PIN Authorization Failed', I updated to openelec 6.02 trakt version is 3.07. Tried uninstalling and re-installing, also VPN with and without, enabled debug log, also tried to find log messages which could n't find in the addon log files, re-installed confluence skin, but nothing. Anyone has an idea where to look for? Thanks!

RE: Trakt.tv v3 - int3nz0r - 2016-03-02

Just installed Kodi 16.0 (on my Win10 machine) en scraped all my content to the libray. I installed and configured Trakt to sync watched statusses and collections with Trakt.tv but It never passes the "Synchronize movies - sync started" notification. I'm on 3.1.2 btw. Here's the log: http://xbmclogs.com/pp4d8s0qk . All my other devices are working just fine (Linux, Mac, iPad, OSMC).

RE: Trakt.tv v3 - Razze - 2016-03-02

(2016-03-01, 16:11)nb2a Wrote: Will this addon update automatically to the latest version? I still need to find more info on how this actually works anyway. Thanks for the efforts.

Yes, it will. But the newest version is only available on Jarvis and newer

(2016-03-02, 18:22)int3nz0r Wrote: Just installed Kodi 16.0 (on my Win10 machine) en scraped all my content to the libray. I installed and configured Trakt to sync watched statusses and collections with Trakt.tv but It never passes the "Synchronize movies - sync started" notification. I'm on 3.1.2 btw. Here's the log: http://xbmclogs.com/pp4d8s0qk . All my other devices are working just fine (Linux, Mac, iPad, OSMC).

Your having an ValueError: (22, 'Invalid argument') error, see the first post for more infos.

RE: Trakt.tv v3 - int3nz0r - 2016-03-02

Eh? I got a bunch of movies and 1 or 2 tv shows pre-1970. Never experienced any problems with this?