Kodi Community Forum
Trakt.tv v3 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Service Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=152)
+---- Thread: Trakt.tv v3 (/showthread.php?tid=220547)

RE: Trakt.tv v3 - Razze - 2016-04-07

Don't really have time/motivation to dev right now. So probably not in the foreseeable future.
And I would also need to check with the trakt guys how okay that is, as we would need to query their servers each X mins/secs. Polling is bad, but I don't think we have another option.

RE: Trakt.tv v3 - mark_dj - 2016-04-07

(2016-04-07, 09:10)Razze Wrote: Don't really have time/motivation to dev right now. So probably not in the foreseeable future.
And I would also need to check with the trakt guys how okay that is, as we would need to query their servers each X mins/secs. Polling is bad, but I don't think we have another option.

I understand.
I was thinking about it yesterday though, and, if you could find the time for it, I thought maybe a setting could be implemented that forces the add-on to run repeatedly at specific times/intervals (like anywhere between 1-60 minutes).
Just a thought Smile

RE: Trakt.tv v3 - aptalca - 2016-04-07

(2016-04-06, 19:25)mark_dj Wrote: How often does Trakt sync in general?
I have set up two RP's but it takes a while for them to sync. To be honest, I expected this to be pretty much instant (as in: once I have watched something the other should sync within a minute or so) since the website does keep track of my watched shows and movies properly.
I've checked the settings and am positive that these are set up correctly. However, one Pi runs on Kodi 17 while the other one runs on Kodi 16 and therefore they do use different versions. But I can't imagine that being the problem since both pretty much use the exact same features.

Don't get me wrong, they do sync eventually (I sometimes have to do it manually, though) but it's just that a bit of time passes before they're all synced up and I need them to sync up pretty much instantly (I can imagine this might use a lot of bandwidth for the Trakt site, however).

Any ideas?
For instant syncing, you can use mysql. They will always be in sync. Only one box needs to update library and all others will see the changes immediately.

I use trakt to keep kodi and plex in sync. But they both update library / sync once an hour. So that part is not instant

RE: Trakt.tv v3 - aptalca - 2016-04-07

(2016-04-07, 09:51)mark_dj Wrote:
(2016-04-07, 09:10)Razze Wrote: Don't really have time/motivation to dev right now. So probably not in the foreseeable future.

I understand.
I was thinking about it yesterday though, and, if you could find the time for it, I thought maybe a setting could be implemented that forces the add-on to run repeatedly at specific times/intervals (like anywhere between 1-60 minutes).
Just a thought Smile
Why not do that with the library updater addon in the meantime? You can set a frequency in that addon and trakt can run after each library update.

RE: Trakt.tv v3 - mark_dj - 2016-04-07

(2016-04-07, 14:18)aptalca Wrote:
(2016-04-07, 09:51)mark_dj Wrote:

I understand.
Just a thought Smile
Why not do that with the library updater addon in the meantime? You can set a frequency in that addon and trakt can run after each library update.

I didn't know that add-on even existed, so I've just now checked it out and I think it will do the trick just fine. Thanks for the suggestion Smile

RE: Trakt.tv v3 - Common Man - 2016-04-10

Apologies if I seem naive but what are some of the beneficial use cases of this service that can justify placing personal information on the internet? I am not trying to knock this, just trying to evaluate whether I should use it.

1. Sync all devices that you use inside your home. Kodi Library already does this.
2. Sync devices when you are traveling. But I cannot access my media from home when traveling so I cannot watch that media to track progress anyway.
3. Do 2 above with Internet sources. Are there legal streaming sources where you can do this (without having to manually enter status on Trakt.tv which seems not worth the trouble)

(If illegal sources which Kodi does not sanction, it is stupid to use service like this anyway not because you can set privacy so no one sees it but because there is proof stored on their servers which is not incriminating by itself but can be used in conjunction like the use of road toll data to bolster a case of piracy, so I am discounting this use case entirely)

What is the best use case for people who use this?

Thanks for any considerate replies.

RE: Trakt.tv v3 - jctennis - 2016-04-10

(2016-04-10, 00:13)Common Man Wrote: Apologies if I seem naive but what are some of the beneficial use cases of this service that can justify placing personal information on the internet? I am not trying to knock this, just trying to evaluate whether I should use it.

1. Sync all devices that you use inside your home. Kodi Library already does this.
2. Sync devices when you are traveling. But I cannot access my media from home when traveling so I cannot watch that media to track progress anyway.
3. Do 2 above with Internet sources. Are there legal streaming sources where you can do this (without having to manually enter status on Trakt.tv which seems not worth the trouble)

(If illegal sources which Kodi does not sanction, it is stupid to use service like this anyway not because you can set privacy so no one sees it but because there is proof stored on their servers which is not incriminating by itself but can be used in conjunction like the use of road toll data to bolster a case of piracy, so I am discounting this use case entirely)

Frankly I simply use Trakt to keep track (get it?) of what I'm watching, when new episodes have come out and when future seasons are set to begin. I'm relatively sure that is Trakt's intended use case.

Sent from my Nexus 6

(2016-04-10, 00:36)jctennis Wrote: Frankly I simply use Trakt to keep track (get it?) of what I'm watching, when new episodes have come out and when future seasons are set to begin. I'm relatively sure that is Trakt's intended use case.

Thanks. Do you do this manually entering the info using the Trakt add-on or is it integrated into whatever you use to watch the shows on Kodi if you watch the shows on Kodi? If the latter, what do you use to watch the streamed shows that is integrated with Trakt?

I am considering doing a project for my Kodi installation. This is to install a tuner and watch TV channels through Kodi. Will I be able to use Trakt to automatically register what I have watched in this set up or would I have to manually enter it whenever I watch something in Trakt? If I get new show notifications in Trakt, I should be able to tune to that show at the right time from Trakt. Don't know if this kind of integration is possible. Has anyone tried doing something like this?

Anybody have any kind of setup that automatically integrate with Trakt to keep track of what you have watched?

RE: Trakt.tv v3 - jctennis - 2016-04-10

Anything that is added directly to my kodi library is marked. I don't sync live TV but that is an option with some PVR backends I believe.

Sent from my Nexus 6

RE: Trakt.tv v3 - aptalca - 2016-04-10

(2016-04-10, 00:13)Common Man Wrote: Apologies if I seem naive but what are some of the beneficial use cases of this service that can justify placing personal information on the internet? I am not trying to knock this, just trying to evaluate whether I should use it.

I use kodi to watch local media on my big screen. I use plex to watch things remotely. I use trakt to keep the watched status on kodi and plex in sync

RE: Trakt.tv v3 - jmh2002 - 2016-04-10

You can also simply set your profile to Private. You dont need to share any personal information with other users.

(2016-04-10, 08:09)jmh2002 Wrote:

You can also simply set your profile to Private. You dont need to share any personal information with other users.

Thanks. I am more worried about having any personal information on any online site even if not visible to others as a feature.

- that can be accessed by hackers. There are only two types of web online services - one, that have been hacked into and two, those that will be.

- sold to advertisers/personal data aggregators. Even if not directly tied to a name, it can be correlated with data from other sites/services that may have identifying information. Even if you have a unique e-mail address for this use only, it can be correlated with other data tied to your IP address, etc. There are companies that do this as a service. Not to mention analytic services embedded on web pages that do the same type of correlation.

- subpoenaed by courts later even if this usage is completely legal

This is not paranoia, I work in this area and aware of what kind of data aggregation is taking place.

... unless I find significant value in doing so as a trade-off. Hence the question to evaluate.

RE: Trakt.tv v3 - jmh2002 - 2016-04-10

I understand, however with such (possibly valid) concerns perhaps the only real solution is to not use the internet for any such things at all...

RE: Trakt.tv v3 - test123 - 2016-04-14

Hi guys,
I have Kodi 16 on my windows and FireTVs linked to my trakt account. If I add a movie or show it syncs immediately with the other devices. However it does not sync watched shows (giving the check mark) and I am not able to resume from one device to another. I've tried tinkering with the settings but can't seem to figure it out. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

RE: Trakt.tv v3 - surfi - 2016-04-25

(2016-04-14, 00:27)test123 Wrote: Hi guys,
I have Kodi 16 on my windows and FireTVs linked to my trakt account. If I add a movie or show it syncs immediately with the other devices. However it does not sync watched shows (giving the check mark) and I am not able to resume from one device to another. I've tried tinkering with the settings but can't seem to figure it out. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

i have exactly the same problem Confused
did you find a solution yet?
or anybody eles any idea?
if there is no way to get this working with trakt is there maybe another programm?
i just need the watched statuses synced (even though i started liking trakt)