Kodi Community Forum
Win HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Tips, tricks, and step by step guides (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=110)
+--- Thread: Win HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi (/showthread.php?tid=220677)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi - trogggy - 2019-05-01

(2019-05-01, 14:15)Warner306 Wrote: I'm not familiar with the 350, but I would assume those are activity buttons. I don't think any Harmony remote limits you to one activity.
As I understand it (I don't own one, I've read reviews and steered clear) the 350 is much more limited than any other Harmony.  You only get one activity and no screen.

RE: HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi - Alex K - 2019-05-01

Correct me if I'm wrong.
From what I understand (not having used 350 or 650 yet), tiny screen on 650 is only good for visual confirmation of the activity that you are in, and details of this activity (that you already know because you put it in there).  It is also good for increasing the remote size and battery consumption Smile.
Though there are 4 more buttons on 650 - those on the left and right of the screen - that you can use for some single commands.

By what Amazon reviews are saying, 350 has only one activity - the button called Watch TV, the details of this activity can be programmed. Other 4 buttons - DVD, Cable etc - I "think" they are just single-command buttons.

RE: HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi - trogggy - 2019-05-01

The screens are useful because you can stick unlimited custom commands on them.  Apart from the 350 all the IR-based Harmonies have pretty much identical functions.  They use the same database, can program multiple activities, have different forms, some have colour screens / touchscreens, wildly different battery life, but they all do the same thing.

Edit: maybe this will help...
350 vs 650

(2019-05-01, 20:42)trogggy Wrote: The screens are useful because you can stick unlimited custom commands on them. 

I thought that screen just shows the mode you are in - if this is an activity, then it shows activity and its components.  You can switch between the activities with tiny navigation arrows under the screen, and/or add any command to any of your activities.

On 350 you can also add commands to your activity, I don't see why they can't be custom if you've added keyboard as one of the devices. There is only one activity so you don't need the screen to tell you what activity you are in.

Unless I'm missing something (which is possible, because I don't have 350 or 650).

(2019-05-01, 21:04)Alex K Wrote: I thought that screen just shows the mode you are in - if this is an activity, then it shows activity and its components.  You can switch between the activities with tiny navigation arrows under the screen, and/or add any command to any of your activities.

On 350 you can also add commands to your activity, I don't see why they can't be custom if you've added keyboard as one of the devices. There is only one activity so you don't need the screen to tell you what activity you are in.

Unless I'm missing something (which is possible, because I don't have 350 or 650). 
On the 650 the screen will show the different activities you've programmed.  That's before you switch on.
When you press a button to enter an activity the screen changes to show the custom commands (if any) you've set within that activity.  If you want to change to a new activity you press the activities button and they appear on the screen again; if you want to control a device press that button and your devices appear on the screen.
Custom conmmands are a lot easier to follow if they're named on a screen - rather than being linked to a button you have to remember.

Reviews confirm that 350 has one activity that can be programmed. Other 4 buttons on top are single-command, ex. you press DVD and then more buttons to change the TV input etc.  There is no backlight on 350 - not that I need one. Too small print to read the buttons, even with backlight.

From the review 2017:
...it only supports one "activity." That means that one button will:
* Turn on the TV.
* Turn on the soundbar.
* Change the TV to the correct HDMI port.
I'm now ready to watch streaming TV, via YouTube TV (although you need a smartphone or tablet to control the YouTube TV).
BUT, if I want to watch a Blu-ray, I have to press the Blu-ray (DVD) button, press Input, press the left arrow button and press OK -- it then changes to the correct HDMI port.
So just make sure you only need one "activity" which can include many, many things. But still, it's only one activity.

RE: HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi - tutu - 2019-05-13

So I added according to the guide - I have an old Logitech Harmony remote (Model number One?) and an Intel NUC5i5RYK with Kodi on Linux.

When I select my activity - Watch NUC - no options appear on the Remote and I must go to devices -> Microsoft Media Centre before it does anything??

Also, OK button does not do anything?

Any help appreciated.

RE: HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi - Warner306 - 2019-05-14

Did you set up the activity with customized button mapping in the Harmony software?

RE: HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi - sapstar - 2019-07-26

I am trying to use a logitech harmony remote with my coreelec device. I connected it via Bluetooth. Everything works out of the box except the power on and off. I taught ir power toggle command from original remote to the power on and off buttons on harmony now. This seems to work. But is it possible to allocate 2 different commands for power on and off?

RE: HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi - Warner306 - 2019-07-26

Instead of having the Harmony automatically send a power command, you can have it send specific key commands at the start of the activity and when the activity finishes. The way this is done depends on which version of the Harmony software you are using.

RE: HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi - twinpeaks - 2019-12-01

looking for some advice here if anyone knows the answer. I had an htpc setup that worked well except for flaky motherboard Bluetooth. But when it worked, all commands worked. I imaged over to a new non-Bluetooth motherboard with a Bluetooth dongle.

Since I imaged, both my K830 keyboard and Harmony keyboard came over as 'paired' but they aren't truly because they are 'paired' to a Bluetooth chip on a motherboard that's in a cardboard box downstairs.

With the K830 I hit function, delete, it goes into pair mode, in Windows 10 I go to settings, Bluetooth add Bluetooth, it found the K830 and added it and that's actually what I'm typing on right now. I have 2 K830's a "paired" one (consider it a ghost entry) and a "connected" one, this one. 

I need to achieve the same result with the Harmony keyboard … but after a bit of fiddling have had no luck. I tried to remove the Harmony keyboard and all I get is 'remove failed.' I didn't have to remove the K830 it just added another entry but I went down that road just trying something, anything. Any thoughts?

PS: I'm thinking I'm going to have to do a full reset on everything - hub and remote - and have it blow everything down from the cloud, which will let me pair with the htpc. I know no other way to actually accomplish this but it really seems like overkill. I'll wait a bit for someone smarter than I Smile I can live with the K830 as my remote for a day or two Smile

RE: HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi - so8tigrudc - 2019-12-09

I have a new One plus TV. I have Kodi installed in it successfully but I am having trouble with remote commands. could anyone give a solution?
Update Android Apk

RE: HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi - Warner306 - 2019-12-09

This guide a tutorial for configuring remote commands for MCE IR receivers for Windows and Kodi. How does that relate to your issue? Or what devices are you trying to use in the Harmony software?

RE: HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi - batcouille - 2019-12-12

hi, i own a harmony touch remote. i followed this guide and (almost) everything works. 

for the love of me, i can't assign keyboard letters to some buttons. the navigation buttons, volume and such work fine, but if i try to assign the letter "c" to the "menu" button on the remote, doesnt work. same thing for assigning "i" to info button, etc.

i tried to assign both with mce keyboard and microsoft media center se devices, either works. 

i've been able to make it work with flirc, but i find it overkill to use a flirc (which i'd need elsewhere in my home) only to send the c, i, and other kodi shortcuts. 

any ideas?

thanks

RE: HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi - Warner306 - 2019-12-13

Maybe there is deprecated supported for those devices? In other words, maybe there is an error in the newer harmony database for those commands?

Try pressing those keys on your keyboard and see if they respond.