Kodi Community Forum
Win HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Tips, tricks, and step by step guides (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=110)
+--- Thread: Win HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi (/showthread.php?tid=220677)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi - Warner306 - 2015-06-12

(2015-06-12, 13:46)xallias Wrote: Hello i hope to find help here i have a logitech harmony ultimate and iam trying to find out how to ad My Tv shows to a coloured button sadly al the info over keymapping is in english and iam dutch so it is hard for me so far i found this for a key stroke
<g>ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary,TvShowTitles,return))</g>
I dont now if this is the right line or not but iam struggle here for months now
I have tried different keymaps the latest i used gives me by Ctrl g a tv guide so now i wanna know where can i find a keymap with al the keystrokes and the right line and where in that keymap mus i put the line for My Tv shows so that i can mapped it in mine remote

I hope you can understand this and that someone wil help me

I think the correct syntax is ActivateWindow(Videos,videodb://tvshows/titles/).

RE: HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi - xallias - 2015-06-14

ok thanks for responding but can please someone please tell me where in the keymap file from this site https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master/system/keymaps/keyboard.xml i muss place this i mean the right line and i dont see a keystroke in it

RE: HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi - Warner306 - 2015-06-14

(2015-06-14, 13:21)xallias Wrote: ok thanks for responding but can please someone please tell me where in the keymap file from this site https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master/system/keymaps/keyboard.xml i muss place this i mean the right line and i dont see a keystroke in it

The entry would look something like this (using Cntrl + Esc as the key command):

<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<esc mod="ctrl">ActivateWindow(Videos,videodb://tvshows/titles/)</esc>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>

RE: HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi - Namoi - 2015-06-15

Hi guys,

There's something i'm trying to solve that's getting on my nerve at incresing speed.
I am using a smart control via an eHome MCE dongle (the standard most compatible stuff), and it works like a charm... except for the volume button.

Well, my setup isn't based on Windows (i run Openelec), but i would really appreciate if someone could tell me if the problem also occurs on windows (which would indicate a problem on the Logitech side), or not meaning the "bug" is either in Kodi or Openelec.

So here we go :

When long pressing the volume Up or Down button, Kodi reacts first as it receive a single press and then acts normally.
It leads to an unaesthetic behaviour of the OSD volume control which first appears, cranks the volume one time then disappear for reappearing half a second later again but this time it stays on screen while the volume cranks up or down (hope i am clear Wink ).

Does this behaviour also occurs under windows ?

Thanks

RE: HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi - xallias - 2015-06-15

(2015-06-14, 23:46)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-06-14, 13:21)xallias Wrote: ok thanks for responding but can please someone please tell me where in the keymap file from this site https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master/system/keymaps/keyboard.xml i muss place this i mean the right line and i dont see a keystroke in it

The entry would look something like this (using Cntrl + Esc as the key command):

<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>

ok thanks for this but when i copied this en put it on the last line of mine keyboard file it open mine startmenu from windows 8 i tried this also before copiyng and it does the shame as after from windows 8 so this isnt working
First i copiyd this

<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>

then this

<global>
<keyboard>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>

and finaly this

<keyboard>
</keyboard>
</keymap>

but sadly nothing worked

RE: HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi - Warner306 - 2015-06-19

??

RE: HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi - swhitmore - 2015-06-24

Hey everyone. Thank you for this guide. I'm new to Kodi and nearly have everything set up the way I like it. I'm just trying to troubleshoot some issues I'm having with my Harmony 700.

I'm having an issue that seems to have affected other users like this, but I'm unable to find a solution. Occasionally after pressing a key (I think it might be if I press a key quickly e.g. skip) a number key gets stuck on repeating. So far it's been the numbers 2 or 5. These keys presses keep repeating even after quitting Kodi and disconnecting my receiver (it's a Dell-Phillips OVU4003-00). The only way to fix it after this happens seems to be restarting the PC. Funnily enough, the stuck keys are not the same ones as the remote key that I press to get it stuck in that loop. e.g. I press the skip back key ' (it says to use , in the guide, but I think this is wrong), and the number 5 gets stuck on repeating.

I have the iMon software installed, so I might try removing it and seeing if that helps. I've tried changing the delay times on the harmony remote with no luck. Previous to using this guide, I just used the Media Center SE profile and everything was fine. The issue only seems to be with the MCE Keyboard profile. I've also tried turning off gamepad support, but no change.

Thank you for your help.

RE: HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi - Warner306 - 2015-06-24

(2015-06-24, 05:25)swhitmore Wrote: Hey everyone. Thank you for this guide. I'm new to Kodi and nearly have everything set up the way I like it. I'm just trying to troubleshoot some issues I'm having with my Harmony 700.

I'm having an issue that seems to have affected other users like this, but I'm unable to find a solution. Occasionally after pressing a key (I think it might be if I press a key quickly e.g. skip) a number key gets stuck on repeating. So far it's been the numbers 2 or 5. These keys presses keep repeating even after quitting Kodi and disconnecting my receiver (it's a Dell-Phillips OVU4003-00). The only way to fix it after this happens seems to be restarting the PC. Funnily enough, the stuck keys are not the same ones as the remote key that I press to get it stuck in that loop. e.g. I press the skip back key ' (it says to use , in the guide, but I think this is wrong), and the number 5 gets stuck on repeating.

I have the iMon software installed, so I might try removing it and seeing if that helps. I've tried changing the delay times on the harmony remote with no luck. Previous to using this guide, I just used the Media Center SE profile and everything was fine. The issue only seems to be with the MCE Keyboard profile. I've also tried turning off gamepad support, but no change.

Thank you for your help.

If Media Center SE worked fine, you might as well go back to it. You can program almost any function with that profile alone. I had trouble with repeating keys in the past and it turned out to be a bad IR receiver that was not a genuine RC6 receiver (probably a fake from China). So the next, and perhaps last step, would be to replace the IR receiver.

RE: HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi - swhitmore - 2015-06-24

(2015-06-24, 05:39)Warner306 Wrote: If Media Center SE worked fine, you might as well go back to it. You can program almost any function with that profile alone. I had trouble with repeating keys in the past and it turned out to be a bad IR receiver that was not a genuine RC6 receiver (probably a fake from China). So the next, and perhaps last step, would be to replace the IR receiver.

Thanks Warner. I'll try that. What's the best way to launch Kodi just with the SE profile? I can't find the option for Win+7 and Alt+F4. I don't have it in front of me, so I can't check, but can you still do things like the context menu, info button, and skip with the SE remote?

RE: HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi - svortevik - 2015-06-24

I`m not sure how to get this done.

I added MCE Keyboard and Windows Media Center SE as devices on my Harmony 650. They show up as Windows Media Player and Media Center PC. Is this correct?

Then I created a Activity including both of them, my TV and AV receiver. I then transfered the settings to my remote to see if it responded in Kodi. My first problem is that it sends the on command for both MCE and SE, so it first wakes my computer from sleep, and than instantly put it back to sleep.

Next is to set up the buttons on Harmony as described under Basic Keymap Command List in post #5. Are all commands in the picture supported in Kodi without editing any files, or do I have to manually add all of the commands in some file? If so, do I add commands for both MCE and SE, or just for MCE? Ref Basic Keymap Command List picture in post #5

Are there no setup for Harmony that works just by adding a device in Harmony?

RE: HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi - swhitmore - 2015-06-25

(2015-06-24, 20:25)svortevik Wrote: I added MCE Keyboard and Windows Media Center SE as devices on my Harmony 650. They show up as Windows Media Player and Media Center PC. Is this correct?

Then I created a Activity including both of them, my TV and AV receiver. I then transfered the settings to my remote to see if it responded in Kodi. My first problem is that it sends the on command for both MCE and SE, so it first wakes my computer from sleep, and than instantly put it back to sleep.

This is correct, but you need to go into the device settings and change the power config to only power on one of them. Check the guide again for how to do this.

Quote:Next is to set up the buttons on Harmony as described under Basic Keymap Command List in post #5. Are all commands in the picture supported in Kodi without editing any files, or do I have to manually add all of the commands in some file? If so, do I add commands for both MCE and SE, or just for MCE? Ref Basic Keymap Command List picture in post #5

The ones pictured are in either the MCE or SE devices as shown in the guide. No file editing required in Kodi unless you want more advanced commands as described in the guide.

Quote:Are there no setup for Harmony that works just by adding a device in Harmony?

You can just use the SE remote for nearly everything I believe. This may require some editing in the Kodi mappings though.

RE: HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi - svortevik - 2015-06-25

Under devices I have changed the SE settings to "I want to leave this device powered on all the time". Is this correct? Under activity it still shows up under power on/power off settings, so clearly I am doing something wrong.

I will try to just use the SE remote settings, mapping buttons as I like and see it works out. If I am missing some functions I will try once more with the combined MCE/SE setup.

RE: HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi - swhitmore - 2015-06-25

(2015-06-25, 10:07)svortevik Wrote: Under devices I have changed the SE settings to "I want to leave this device powered on all the time". Is this correct? Under activity it still shows up under power on/power off settings, so clearly I am doing something wrong.

I will try to just use the SE remote settings, mapping buttons as I like and see it works out. If I am missing some functions I will try once more with the combined MCE/SE setup.

That's correct. It will still show up in the activity, but won't send the command.

This is from the logitech website:

Leave powered on all the time means that Harmony will never send the power on or power off command. This may be valuable if you have a media center or set top box that you want to leave on all the time.

RE: HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi - Namoi - 2015-06-25

For the device which send a second power off, you can also choose "No Power Buttons on my original remote".
For the one you want to use for turning off choose one of teh 3 others depending of your needs.

RE: HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi - svortevik - 2015-06-25

Thank you so much Smile

I will give it a try to see how it works out Smile