Kodi Community Forum
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio (/showthread.php?tid=221407)

RE: Media Player Choices with Kodi + Full 3D + HD Audio - movie78 - 2015-12-28

(2015-12-28, 16:49)langostino Wrote:
(2015-12-28, 14:25)movie78 Wrote:
(2015-12-28, 12:19)langostino Wrote: And between others items I posted?

Back and forth with the same question

See post below

Similar Question

Yes, I know. But I can't decide. Which would you buy in my situation?

And i am still buying..

RE: Media Player Choices with Kodi + Full 3D + HD Audio - Kendos - 2015-12-29

@langostino: What do you need?

I had the Q5 and now I'm using the Raspberry Pi 2.
Today I ordered the Amazon Fire Tv 2, for Amazon Prime and Sky Go (I'm from Germany).

I dont need 4K, Atmos or Bitstream Audio. If you need one thing of those, buy Q5 or other 4K player.
If you dont need any of those 3, use the Raspberry Pi 2.
I wanted Ambilight, so I'm using the RP2 for that too and its working on OpenElec without problems.

RE: Media Player Choices with Kodi + Full 3D + HD Audio - langostino - 2015-12-29

(2015-12-29, 03:15)Kendos Wrote: @langostino: What do you need?

I had the Q5 and now I'm using the Raspberry Pi 2.
Today I ordered the Amazon Fire Tv 2, for Amazon Prime and Sky Go (I'm from Germany).

I dont need 4K, Atmos or Bitstream Audio. If you need one thing of those, buy Q5 or other 4K player.
If you dont need any of those 3, use the Raspberry Pi 2.
I wanted Ambilight, so I'm using the RP2 for that too and its working on OpenElec without problems.

I need 3D FullHD and audio HD (I have an av receiver Yamaha RX-V479 with DTS-HD and TrueHD support). Now I've got an android tv box (MXIII-G with amlogic S812) and it's good but without 3d output or audio HD (only master DTS core is supported).

What about ambilight? How can I get an amblilight in my LG tv with raspberry?

Thanks a lot!

RE: Media Player Choices with Kodi + Full 3D + HD Audio - opeters - 2015-12-29

(2015-12-21, 11:27)opeters Wrote:
(2015-12-21, 02:01)hdmkv Wrote: I can certainly add a new row for 3D subs, but I'm not seeing any issue at my end. Last night, I watched 'Wolf Totem (2015)' 3D ISO and subs displayed fine via HiMedia Q5. Don't know which 3D plane it's supposed to be in, but I could read the subs and follow along... the whole movie is in Chinese and I watched w/English subs throughout.

That's partly good news. You WILL notice it when it is displayed as 2D, but to be sure, If you still have your Vidon Box please try to play it on that box?
The Q5 I tested did come with the latest FW version 3.0.2 so maybe a firmware thing? What FW are you using?

Q5 is definitely not displaying the 3D Bluray PGS subs correctly. The easiest way to tell is if you can read the subs without 3D glasses than it is not working.

RE: Media Player Choices with Kodi + Full 3D + HD Audio - langostino - 2015-12-29

(2015-12-29, 12:25)opeters Wrote:
(2015-12-21, 11:27)opeters Wrote:
(2015-12-21, 02:01)hdmkv Wrote: I can certainly add a new row for 3D subs, but I'm not seeing any issue at my end. Last night, I watched 'Wolf Totem (2015)' 3D ISO and subs displayed fine via HiMedia Q5. Don't know which 3D plane it's supposed to be in, but I could read the subs and follow along... the whole movie is in Chinese and I watched w/English subs throughout.

That's partly good news. You WILL notice it when it is displayed as 2D, but to be sure, If you still have your Vidon Box please try to play it on that box?
The Q5 I tested did come with the latest FW version 3.0.2 so maybe a firmware thing? What FW are you using?

Q5 is definitely not displaying the 3D Bluray PGS subs correctly. The easiest way to tell is if you can read the subs without 3D glasses than it is not working.

And, what's the problem to display subtitles in 2D?

RE: Media Player Choices with Kodi + Full 3D + HD Audio - movie78 - 2015-12-29

Guys!

You wasting your time @langostino is not buying anything....

I'd like buying an android box and I'm deciding between raspberry pi 2 and himedia. But...I don't like buying three or four boxes to try it. I'd just like buying one only.

(2015-12-29, 14:40)langostino Wrote: I'd like buying an android box and I'm deciding between raspberry pi 2 and himedia. But...I don't like buying three or four boxes to try it. I'd just like buying one only.

What do you have now and what are you expecting from you new media player?

I have a MXIII-G android tv box with Amlogic S812, wifi dual band and 2Gb ram. I use kodi in latest 15.2 version.

I can watch fullhd, 3d HSBS y HTAB. I can passthrough DTS 5.1 soud. Picture quality and sound is great. I expect see Full 3d mvc and HD audio (DTS HD and TrueHD) on kodi. All my films are in a remote server shared by nfs and samba (in a LAN).

(2015-12-29, 15:19)langostino Wrote: I have a MXIII-G android tv box with Amlogic S812, wifi dual band and 2Gb ram. I use kodi in latest 15.2 version.

I can watch fullhd, 3d HSBS y HTAB. I can passthrough DTS 5.1 soud. Picture quality and sound is great. I expect see Full 3d mvc and HD audio (DTS HD and TrueHD) on kodi. All my films are in a remote server shared by nfs and samba (in a LAN).

Get the Zidoo X6 Pro or Himedia Q5 4k....

Those are you best choice for now.....

RE: Media Player Choices with Kodi + Full 3D + HD Audio - wrxtasy - 2015-12-29

No AMLogic platform currently on the market will give you full resolution 1080p 3D video output aka Frame Packed. Some AMLogic's will decode 3D MVC directly from 3D Blurray ISO rips but video output will be Half Resolution 3D, barely better than HSBS or HTAB.

hdmklv clearly spells it out here in this Sticky Post:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=252916&pid=2192170#pid2192170

There is so much bullshit marketing coming from Asian sellers of nearly all Android 3D media player devices it has actually reached a new high watermark in hype.

Worse still is most of these sellers don't even know what the hell they are talking about in regards to full res. 3D.
3D from these guys is all smoke and mirrors designed to fool Joe public into parting with his hard earned cash.

Some are completely deceptive and just list the Tech Specs of the device as tho it will actually play everything, they think they are selling just PC, not a media player that actually has to you know, play Audio and Video content.

@langostino, now that you have run around in circles quite a few times and very likely made yourself very dizzy in the process, just pick from two devices recommended by hdmkv in the very first post of this thread, these will output full 1080p Resolution 3D.

RE: Media Player Choices with Kodi + Full 3D + HD Audio - opeters - 2015-12-29

(2015-12-29, 13:15)langostino Wrote: And, what's the problem to display subtitles in 2D?

You can't really focus on the 2D subs and the 3D video content plus subs are behind the 3D scenes that pop out.

RE: Media Player Choices with Kodi + Full 3D + HD Audio - hdmkv - 2015-12-31

@opeters, I've passed your issue w/3D subs to HiMedia. Hopefully they can fix it... I do notice they specifically mention 3D subs in their promo sheet for the upcoming next-gen Q10.

RE: Media Player Choices with Kodi + Full 3D + HD Audio - halfelite - 2015-12-31

Wish they Q10 would look nicer like the m6 or q1/q2. Looks like a nice powerful box.

RE: Media Player Choices with Kodi + Full 3D + HD Audio - flipmode009 - 2016-01-01

Regarding mt previous posts about the RPi 2 having bad picture quality...I have been in the Kodi game since the first XBMC, have had many "3D" and "not actually 3D" players. I am familiar with the settings and its not a setting issue. I can even load Plex Media Player on it, and a Roku looks better. It's not my eyes or my Projector either, I have done side-by-side comparisons on LED TV's in 2D picture too, and its just not that good. Basically, if anyone here has played 3D on a 100+ screen, they know what it's like playing a h-SBS 3D movie...its not very good and hurts the eyes quickly. Well the RPi 2 is only marginally better in full 3D. Now I only have 3D on my projector to test, but it could also be in part the fact that I have a THX reference projector. Same with audio, the higher up you go, the more flaws you hear...in this case it being an inferior HDMI output. I am not saying its trash and I hate it, but I am saying for me, I want better.