Kodi Community Forum
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio (/showthread.php?tid=221407)

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with Full 3D & HD Audio - hdmkv - 2016-02-01

@alanisrox69, just be aware there's the next-gen Q5 Pro and Q10 Pro due in late March, early April. Current gen Q5/Q10 already seem hard to find.

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with Full 3D & HD Audio - looun - 2016-02-01

3D is dead .... or not Tongue

Kodi Media Player Options with Full 3D & HD Audio - robertvg - 2016-02-01

Holographic support in Kodi? [THUMBS UP SIGN]?[SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

I continue waiting for this since the early 90's Wink...

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with Full 3D & HD Audio - Dave the Minion - 2016-02-01

3D is dead because people don't want to sit at home and wear these...

Yet CES was full of morons lining up to pay for things like these.

That's so true. Actually, I've found most of those people who dismiss 3D... (1) barely watched a few to do it justice, and/or (2) didn't watch it correctly (quality, set-up, environment). Granted eye-stain is an issue, but this too can be managed by proper set-up/condition (at home, LCD 3D is easier on eyes than DLP, good quality glasses help).

Good content is a must... watched 'Kung Fu Panda 3' in 3D in a packed theater yesterday, and everyone seemed to have a ball, especially as the 3D was done very well.

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with Full 3D & HD Audio - movie78 - 2016-02-01

This why i watch 3D

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with Full 3D & HD Audio - alanisrox69 - 2016-02-01

(2016-02-01, 19:39)hdmkv Wrote: @alanisrox69, just be aware there's the next-gen Q5 Pro and Q10 Pro due in late March, early April. Current gen Q5/Q10 already seem hard to find.

Thanks, I just ordered a Q5 from eBay. Amazon has a few as well. Q10 seems to OOS everywhere...the only difference I see between the two is the box color, white/silver vs black, right?

Hope you got the English branded box as I noted in post #1. The firmwares between it and China/Asia market are different; can't crossflash.

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with Full 3D & HD Audio - dukester - 2016-02-01

(2016-02-01, 21:16)movie78 Wrote: This why i watch 3D

another example of an amazing 3D implementation.
maybe not the coolest movie but it sure was fun to watch.

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with Full 3D & HD Audio - alanisrox69 - 2016-02-01

(2016-02-01, 22:04)hdmkv Wrote: Hope you got the English branded box as I noted in post #1. The firmwares between it and China/Asia market are different; can't crossflash.

Yes, English

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with Full 3D & HD Audio - hdmkv - 2016-02-02

Okay, then you're all set Smile.

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with Full 3D & HD Audio - aaron.fritz - 2016-02-02

I have the RAspi 2 with openelec installed. I named my movie with the 3d.sbs.mkv

When I go to play it on my jvc projector it says 1080p24(sbs) when I play through my blu-ray player it says 1080p24(fp)

I turned 3d off and it seems to be sending side by side instead of frampacked to my projector.

Is there any way to fix this to send Framepacked so I can get the full resolution.

Thanks.

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with Full 3D & HD Audio - hdmkv - 2016-02-02

Just checking some things...

- Are you using the latest Milhouse build of OpenELEC?
- Is your MKV a full MVC 3D rip (vs. an actual SBS video)?
- Under Videos/Acceleration, do you have "Use Full HD HDMI modes for 3D" enabled?
- Under Video/Playback, for playback mode of stereoscopic 3D videos, do you have "Preferred Mode" selected?
- Under System/Video Output, do you have preferred mode set to "Same as Movie"?

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with Full 3D & HD Audio - aaron.fritz - 2016-02-02

Will check all that stuff when I get home tonight.

Thanks.