Kodi Community Forum
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio (/showthread.php?tid=221407)

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with Full 3D & HD Audio - nickr - 2016-02-09

Nice article. Thanks.

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with Full 3D & HD Audio - noggin - 2016-02-09

(2016-02-08, 13:45)hansolo Wrote: @noggin,
But the current HDR stuff (mostly some postprocessed clips) are not filmed with native EOTF for HDR.
I think situation is worse than for 4k/UHD resolution, where many 4k bluray titles anounced were shot with Arri (so no true 4k).
It's a pity that a true 4k camera like Sony F65 are going down by its cumbersome controls. Movies like Oblivion shows how much this camera can do in proper hands...

Arri design cameras that operators like - and boy do they like the Alexa and Amira. Sony still haven't cracked the 'film' market. Their cameras can capture fantastic pictures - but that's not much use if they are sitting on the shelf waiting to be hired as Arris fly out of the door on job after job.

Quote:LE:
Some inroads with Arri Amira and BBC here

Yes. The BBC are plugging away at HDR. They have demonstrated live production chains in HDR too.

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with Full 3D & HD Audio - hansolo - 2016-02-09

Another good reading related to actual 4k/HDR situation at avsforum
Very interesting links, especially from content creators.

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with Full 3D & HD Audio - atomizasser - 2016-02-10

Hi to everyone.

Anyone knows if in Minix X8-H Plus with KitKat 4.4.2 is possible to obtain audio HD passtrought? or the HD option is essential to have Android 5.1?
Thanks.

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with Full 3D & HD Audio - drdwridav - 2016-02-10

Quick question: On Pi2, should adjust display refresh rate be set to on start/stop or always?

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with Full 3D & HD Audio - wrxtasy - 2016-02-10

(2016-02-10, 10:24)atomizasser Wrote: Hi to everyone.

Anyone knows if in Minix X8-H Plus with KitKat 4.4.2 is possible to obtain audio HD passtrought? or the HD option is essential to have Android 5.1?
Thanks.
No you need the HAL, Hardware Abstraction Layer used for HD Audio passthrough that comes with Android Lollipop 5.1.1, and then only certain AML companies get them, which means WeTek Core and MINIX U1 only.

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with Full 3D & HD Audio - popcornmix - 2016-02-10

(2016-02-10, 12:02)drdwridav Wrote: Quick question: On Pi2, should adjust display refresh rate be set to on start/stop or always?

start/stop is the normal setting.
Always probably doesn't do what you think. It means refresh rate will also change when going full screen - i.e. back to GUI refresh rate - as video plays in background.

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with Full 3D & HD Audio - Skank - 2016-02-10

not good
https://uk.news.yahoo.com/3d-television-dead-samsung-lg-120127327.html

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with Full 3D & HD Audio - hdmkv - 2016-02-11

That's sad, and probably inevitable, but going to buy/watch 3D as long as possible.

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with Full 3D & HD Audio - noggin - 2016-02-11

Another interesting HDR article : http://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/blog/2016/02/a-major-milestone-for-hdr-tv

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with Full 3D & HD Audio - Skank - 2016-02-11

New dune, plays iso, 3d, atmos, and full bluray menu.. But outside kodi... Pff

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with Full 3D & HD Audio - hdmkv - 2016-02-12

No more non-Kodi media players for me. Got the Cloud Media VTEN... excellent 3D & overall video playback, HD audio, proper framerates, etc. But, clunky shares set-up, slow boot-up/UI, and complicated movie/TV jukebox. Dune is similar w/Zappiti, and overpriced for what you get.

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with Full 3D & HD Audio - alanisrox69 - 2016-02-12

Got my Q5 today!!

So far so good, I just used the built in media player for a quick 3D ISO test (Mad Max Fury Road - TrueHD 7.1 - all my other players have problems with this one) and it played it like a champ!!! Passed the audio thru to my Onkyo receiver and no stutters that I could see, only watch 10mins or so. But the Popcorn Hour A400 couldn't even play this ISO (audio just kept skipping), and the Zidoo X6 played it out of sync.

That said, is there a difference if I use Kodi? What's the advantage with Kodi vs the built in Hi media player?

Thanks!

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with Full 3D & HD Audio - hdmkv - 2016-02-12

I assume you have the latest firmware installed, and HiMedia wrapper app applied (as instructed in post #1)? Basically, w/Q5, Kodi is simply used as a front-end w/actual video playback being done by the native/built-in video player. That's what plays 3D ISO's and does HD audio.

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with Full 3D & HD Audio - chadamir - 2016-02-12

(2016-02-11, 20:48)Skank Wrote: New dune, plays iso, 3d, atmos, and full bluray menu.. But outside kodi... Pff

It's also 360 dollars. The hdi USA guy told me.