Kodi Community Forum
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio (/showthread.php?tid=221407)

RE: Kodi Player Options with MVC/frame-packed 3D & HD Audio - NicCo - 2016-05-21

Hi,
With an Intel HTPC, is 3D auto switch TV to right 3D mode ? And does it support CEC without external module ?
Thank you !

RE: Kodi Player Options with MVC/frame-packed 3D & HD Audio - hdmkv - 2016-05-21

Not sure about CEC, but auto-switch for 3D, yes.

RE: Kodi Player Options with MVC/frame-packed 3D & HD Audio - NicCo - 2016-05-21

Thank you ! Auto-switch works with Windows 10 and any recent Intel CPU or only Skylake ?

RE: Kodi Player Options with MVC/frame-packed 3D & HD Audio - hdmkv - 2016-05-21

Any Intel CPU 3rd gen and higher I believe. See list compiled so far here.

RE: Kodi Player Options with MVC/frame-packed 3D & HD Audio - noggin - 2016-05-21

(2016-05-21, 01:08)NicCo Wrote: Hi,
With an Intel HTPC, is 3D auto switch TV to right 3D mode ? And does it support CEC without external module ?
Thank you !

Few (none?) Intel devices support CEC out of the box. There are some internal modules for some NUCs, otherwise its the external USB+HDMI passthrough model.

@hdmkv : Thank you, I don't see any information on auto-switch in this list but I hope my CPU will support that.
@noggin : Yes I think also none Intel devices support CEC so is there any solution other than Pulse Eight ? This module is too expensive just for CEC !

RE: Kodi Player Options with MVC/frame-packed 3D & HD Audio - noggin - 2016-05-21

(2016-05-21, 22:35)NicCo Wrote: @noggin : Yes I think also none Intel devices support CEC so is there any solution other than Pulse Eight ? This module is too expensive just for CEC !

Not that I know of. I think Pulse8 were the first (and so far only) people to make such a device. I suspect their sales volumes are relatively low - so they have to set a price that makes them money. If you want to make a cheaper one - get designing Wink

RE: Kodi Player Options with MVC/frame-packed 3D & HD Audio - hdmkv - 2016-05-23

@NicCo, which Intel CPU w/integrated graphics (I'm assuming) do you have?

RE: Kodi Player Options with MVC/frame-packed 3D & HD Audio - NicCo - 2016-05-23

I have no CPU for now, I plan to buy one to build a new HTPC in order to replace my RPi Smile

RE: Kodi Player Options with MVC/frame-packed 3D & HD Audio - stoolzo - 2016-05-26

apologies, possible dumb noob question. I have ripped my 3D movies using makeMKV, the are ripped as full frame packed MVC1 MKV files. These can be played in various players now, some smoother than other but they still play as side by side movies, the same as my other older rips.

Ok you are all probably thinking, yup thats normal but is it?. If my TV only outputs a 1080p image and the image is split into two then this isnt really full frame 3D is it. When I play a movie, if its properly frame packed should this not automatically turn on that setting to my TV and thus then play full frame 1080p split across the passive filter (i'm using passive not active 3D).

Seems to me the LAV68 decoder and stereoscopic player is simply converting the full frame packed image to a 1080p image on the fly so you dont have to rip it to a SBS image, either way you are losing resolution?

hope i'm talking balls as these rips are much bigger than my old ones, if there is no difference then what really is the point?

RE: Kodi Player Options with MVC/frame-packed 3D & HD Audio - timstephens24 - 2016-05-26

You said a lot, but never said what your player is, how it's setup, etc. Need actual details.

RE: Kodi Player Options with MVC/frame-packed 3D & HD Audio - umer.hameed.16 - 2016-05-26

(2016-05-23, 01:14)hdmkv Wrote: @NicCo, which Intel CPU w/integrated graphics (I'm assuming) do you have?
Have u ever had the direct comparison of popcorn hour A410 or higher with himedia q10 pro? Will it be a upgrade by switiching to himedia q10 pro in audio and video quality? Specially in loseless audio like dts hd ma and tru hd ? Seeking guidance
Thanks

Sent from my SM-A310F

RE: Kodi Player Options with MVC/frame-packed 3D & HD Audio - movie78 - 2016-05-26

(2016-05-26, 19:48)umer.hameed.16 Wrote:
(2016-05-23, 01:14)hdmkv Wrote: @NicCo, which Intel CPU w/integrated graphics (I'm assuming) do you have?
Have u ever had the direct comparison of popcorn hour A410 or higher with himedia q10 pro? Will it be a upgrade by switiching to himedia q10 pro in audio and video quality? Specially in loseless audio like dts hd ma and tru hd ? Seeking guidance
Thanks

Sent from my SM-A310F

Simple Kodi and 4K HDR (Himedia Q10Pro)

RE: Kodi Player Options with MVC/frame-packed 3D & HD Audio - reverend - 2016-05-26

I tried out an Intel E3-1225v3 and that seems to work fine with 3D MVC MKV files too - totally overkill for an HTPC but it works fine with the builtin P4600 graphics and Windows 10.

RE: Kodi Player Options with MVC/frame-packed 3D & HD Audio - umer.hameed.16 - 2016-05-26

(2016-05-26, 20:01)movie78 Wrote:
(2016-05-26, 19:48)umer.hameed.16 Wrote:
Thanks

Sent from my SM-A310F

Simple Kodi and 4K HDR (Himedia Q10Pro)
And what about the audio quality? In my local audiophile community popcorn hour is the supreme player regarding the audio reproduction. It reproduced rich as it has the sabree DACs. What about the audio quality of Himedia Q10 pro? Will it beat popcorn hour easily?

Sent from my SM-A310F