Kodi Community Forum
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio (/showthread.php?tid=221407)

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with MVC/frame-packed 3D & HD Audio - hdmkv - 2017-02-16

Best 3D releases of 2016.

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with MVC/frame-packed 3D & HD Audio - movie78 - 2017-02-16

(2017-02-16, 15:17)hdmkv Wrote: Best 3D releases of 2016.

Nice!!!!

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with MVC/frame-packed 3D & HD Audio - nc88keyz - 2017-02-16

Denon, Marantz and perhaps other avrs have digital gain on hdmi inputs. I used to say the same about diff model directv boxes, there are hotter signals than others but make sure you are set flat if going through the avr on sep hdmi inputs.

Sent from my SM-G935V

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio - hdmkv - 2017-02-21

Another Blu-ray.com forum 3D list, this one of bonus material and shorts. Love the Disney & Pixar ones, Looney Tunes' Coyote & Roadrunner, and the Tweety & Sylvester one.

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio - movie78 - 2017-02-22

(2017-02-21, 16:15)hdmkv Wrote: Another Blu-ray.com forum 3D list, this one of bonus material and shorts. Love the Disney & Pixar ones, Looney Tunes' Coyote & Roadrunner, and the Tweety & Sylvester one.

You got me going through all my BD to fine the Short Films.Smile

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio - hdmkv - 2017-02-23

'Star Wars: Rogue One' to be released in multiple 3D versions, some exclusive to Best Buy and Target. Woo-hoo! We need this kind of continued high profile support for 3D!

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio - TheShoe - 2017-02-24

(2017-02-23, 01:54)hdmkv Wrote: 'Star Wars: Rogue One' to be released in multiple 3D versions, some exclusive to Best Buy and Target. Woo-hoo! We need this kind of continued high profile support for 3D!

good to see the 3D love, but hate this exclusive nonsense; two 3D versions, one 5 disc, one 4 disc.

no 4K version either, but then I tend to prefer 3D over 4K (OLED will do that to you ;>))

need to know what the 5th disc for Target has, and of course we know Disney will have some special edition out in time for Xmas and certainly they will go 4K at some point

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio - DAlba - 2017-02-25

Can someone please tell me if 3D MVC MKV files are supposed to work on my system or not?

OpenElec 7.0.1
Mac mini (Late 2012)

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio - movie78 - 2017-02-25

(2017-02-25, 00:03)DAlba Wrote: Can someone please tell me if 3D MVC MKV files are supposed to work on my system or not?

OpenElec 7.0.1
Mac mini (Late 2012)

No!!!!!!

Windows 10 and RPi 2/3

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio - TheShoe - 2017-02-25

(2017-02-25, 00:03)DAlba Wrote: Can someone please tell me if 3D MVC MKV files are supposed to work on my system or not?

OpenElec 7.0.1
Mac mini (Late 2012)

yes. but.....

you must install bootcamp, windows 10, and kodi mvc build.

this is exactly my setup. works near perfectly.

unfortunately OSX will not support 3D mvc with any software

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio - Comp1demon - 2017-02-25

This Thread is so Awesome - so much info, thanks you all!!

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio - Skank - 2017-02-25

Doctor strange in 3d is stunning!

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio - hdmkv - 2017-02-25

It was in IMAX 3D in the theater... can't wait to watch it at home! Great movie too!

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio - DAlba - 2017-02-26

Thanks for the replies. I should have asked sooner instead of wasting 5 hours trying to get it to work.

I currently run OpenElec on a 2012 Mac Mini with my media stored on a Synology server and I am very reluctant to change because it has been so reliable and performs awesome! I hope you all don't mind answering a few newbie questions.

Are there any downsides with using one of these android boxes? Do all the Kodi plugins still work? Is the GUI just as fast as a HTPC?

If there are some downsides, is it possible to continue to run my current setup/hardware, browse through my 3D movies, but when I play a 3D movie, have it send command to external player like an Android box or Mede8er to play that movie and switch inputs on my A/V receiver?

What is difference between using the recommended Zidoo X9s vs Zappiti HDR player?

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio - hdmkv - 2017-02-26

(2017-02-26, 19:32)DAlba Wrote: Are there any downsides with using one of these android boxes? Do all the Kodi plugins still work? Is the GUI just as fast as a HTPC?
Downsides to just about every box out there. Just read the threads for each specific device/solution. Kodi plugins do work on Zidoo, HiMedia, and other 3D Android boxes, but experience isn't as fluid as HTPC or a solution w/LibreELEC. GUI is as fast, depending which HTPC you're comparing to.

If there are some downsides, is it possible to continue to run my current setup/hardware, browse through my 3D movies, but when I play a 3D movie, have it send command to external player like an Android box or Mede8er to play that movie and switch inputs on my A/V receiver?
No issues in this regard.

What is difference between using the recommended Zidoo X9s vs Zappiti HDR player?
Both use the same Realtek SoC, and have almost the same/exact performance, but Zappiti is pricier (as they traditionaly have been), mainly due to their jukebox solution (if you prefer it over Kodi managing your movie/TV library).