Kodi Community Forum
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio (/showthread.php?tid=221407)

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio - dchabby - 2017-12-28

(2017-12-22, 14:49)hdmkv Wrote: Poll over at AVSForum... Will 3D at Home Make a Comeback?

What comeback I say?! Wink 3D never went away for me Smile. Just hit 321 titles! But, would be great to have studios and especially TV (not just PJ) manufacturers re-support in a solid way.
 hdmkv - i have an opportunity to pick up a himedia q5 pro for $125 CDN which works out to be about less than $100 USD - is that worth picking up for 3D, 4K, Atmos ?

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio - hdmkv - 2018-01-07

For 4K yes, for 3D no. The microstutters issue plaguing MVC MKV & 3D ISO remains unresolved, and don't think will ever get fixed w/this SoC. Whether it bothers you, and to what extent, can't say, but hard to un-notice once you have.

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio - rahulkadukar - 2018-01-10

Will this work for 3D MVC ISO's 

GIGABYTE GB-BXBT-2807 (rev. 1.0)

EDIT: Simply put what is the best NUC for 3D MVC playback (if price is not a constraint). I already have the Shield TV for 4k, so 4k is not important

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio - movie78 - 2018-01-10

(2018-01-10, 05:44)rahulkadukar Wrote: Will this work for 3D MVC ISO's 

GIGABYTE GB-BXBT-2807 (rev. 1.0)

EDIT: Simply put what is the best NUC for 3D MVC playback (if price is not a constraint). I already have the Shield TV for 4k, so 4k is not important
 I think 3D MVC playback will work but i am not sure if it can Bitstream HD Audio.

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio - grabber - 2018-02-06

Is there any hope or progress for 3D MVC Playback on LibreElec S905/S912 Developer versions ?

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio - haroonbro - 2018-02-09

Finally feels good to see Kodi media player updated version. Been waiting for this already. Still I like support for Full BD J menu on VidOn.

Just a thing missing, 3D iso playback Sad
Make this work in Full BD J Menu.

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio - Roger79 - 2018-02-15

Is there someone here who have some information on how the latest Amd Ryzen 5 cpu perform? I have a small hope that it can give us 4K, hdr and 3D through hdmi 2. I dont know if this is motherboard dependant...

Roger.

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio - hdmkv - 2018-03-02

(2018-02-06, 16:03)grabber Wrote: Is there any hope or progress for 3D MVC Playback on LibreElec S905/S912 Developer versions ?
Nope, but there does appear to be progress w/Vero 4K (S905X). See here.

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio - opeters - 2018-03-02

Does anyone has some info on the SolidRun Cubox Pulse (Quad core ARM A53, GPU Vivante GC7000 Lite).
https://www.solid-run.com/nxp-family/cubox-pulse/

""...ncluding 4K UltraHD @60Hz, Dolby Vision and full HDR."""  And Linux support. So I am wondering how a Libre Elec version will run and if 3D will work.

Full 3D isn't working under LE. It's possible whatever solution/hack @samnazarko comes up w/Vero 4K under OSMC could be leveraged by LE devs. Re: the SolidRun box you posted about, if claims are true, it would be first one after Apple TV 4K to support Dolby Vision I think.

Is the Zidoo X8/X9s/X10, besides the Intel solution,  still the next best option for 3D?  Been away for a while and was kind of disappointed that there is still no other platform available that does the job.

One thing I dislike of the Android solutions is that it uses an external player solution, like ZBMC.  I control KODI using the KODI IP/JSON API and that is not working during playback.
This means I have to use the IR or other remote control during playback, which I find inconveniënt.

Yep, Zidoo X8/X9S/X10 are still the best for 3D. Zidoo X20, based on an upgraded Realtek RTD1296 chip, is expected to be announced this month. But, 3D performance should be similar to X8/X9S/X10 w/RTD1295.

HiMedia and other Hi3798C V200-based players continue to have microstutter problems w/3D.

Only other option may be Vero 4K as I mentioned. If this pans out, would be a nice, dedicated Kodi box with everything... 4K HDR, 10/12-bit support, refresh & framerate switching, and hopefully 3D.

Yes fingers crossed that OMSC gets it working on the Vera 4K. Thanks for the headup on Zidoo.

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio - NoTechi - 2018-03-02

I am hoping for the upcoming new NUC Hades Canyon to have the HDMI problem solved so I will be able to have 4k HDR and 3D with Kodi and madvr Smile

NoTechi

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio - Roger79 - 2018-03-04

Read this... don't hold your breath while you wait for Intel.