Kodi Community Forum
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio (/showthread.php?tid=221407)

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio - woodpost - 2018-11-20

ignore.  (sorry, can't see how to delete this.)

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio - robl45 - 2018-12-29

So I tried this like 2 years ago and it wouldn't work too well for me so I ended up using MPC with Madvr which has been working pretty flawlessly, but the constant fight with using multiple apps is a bit of a pain.  Last time i tried it, I could at least get it to do full MVC 3d.  This time the when I pick the videos, its just going to over under mode no matter what I do.  What am I missing?  These are MVC MKV's and I've watched them multiple times so I know they work.  I went and set the displlay manually to 3d monde in the windows settings as well.  Its an I3 skylake chip on a custom built computer.

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio - VonMagnum - 2019-01-02

I just bought a Zidoo X9S.  It works flawlessly with MVC 3D and passes Atmos, X and Auro-3D.  It even has an optional KODI interface called ZDMC that just hands the movies off to their player, but their interface is pretty nice for up to a couple hundreds 3D movies, IMO ("wall" of cover type view).  Sadly, it doesn't work with Auro-3D 'PCM' files either (it can't even see PCM sound embedded in MKV at all; Kodi at least plays stereo and multi-channel PCM).  NOTHING I've found seems capable of passing the movie Red Tails' PCM only Auro-3D track (all the rest of the Auro-3D native titles use DTS containers which work fine passing in KODI and Zidoo, etc.)

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio - romandesign - 2019-01-15

I need advice on BD3D iso images playback on Win10 HTPC with Nvidia GTX 1050 and BenQ HT2550 projector on Kodi Krypton. I can play back full over-under TAB mkv files OK in 3D, and half-OU too. Kodi seems to work OK converting it into 1080p 24 fps framepacked 3D (that's what projector shows when it plays it). But when I load BD3D iso image - I get a weird picture that looks like each eye shows a stretched part of a picture - so both eyes see different parts of the movie frame, instead of left and right versions of the same whole frame. Like the left eye shows top left part of enlarged frame, and right eye shows bottom right part of the same picture. Not sure about what parts exactly, but you get the idea. I'm not sure what to do here...  I also tried PowerDVD - it plays mkvs OK, but mounted isos play in 2D for some reason, although they do engage 3D mode in projector and interface floats in 3D. So I'm OK with mkvs but can't play isos or I guess real BD3D as well. Any advice?

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio - brazen1 - 2019-01-15

(2019-01-15, 20:25)romandesign Wrote: PowerDVD - it plays mkvs OK, but mounted isos play in 2D for some reason
 While playing a 3D iso, open nVidia Control Panel.  Is stereoscopic checked?  Same with global setting - right click desktop/display settings and scroll down to 3D display mode.  Is it checked?

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio - romandesign - 2019-01-15

(2019-01-15, 20:50)brazen1 Wrote:
(2019-01-15, 20:25)romandesign Wrote: PowerDVD - it plays mkvs OK, but mounted isos play in 2D for some reason
 While playing a 3D iso, open nVidia Control Panel.  Is stereoscopic checked?  Same with global setting - right click desktop/display settings and scroll down to 3D display mode.  Is it checked? 
Yes, both are checked. With same settings MKVs play fine in 3D.

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio - teidybugi - 2019-01-16

Hi!

I hope it's  okay if I'm asking you on this thread. Basically I bought a projector (Optoma UHD 51a) and I'm using Sony UBP X-800 for playing movies. But I have problems with not supporting audio formats and some subtitles. For 3D movies I was burning on rewritable bluray discs but now they started stop working, so I'm looking for something to replace it. So far I'm leaning towards Zidoo, but I would like to ask if 3D qualtiy is still great (depth and pop outs) and if it will work with DLNA? Oh and I would watch 4K HDR aswell.

Sincerely,
teidybugi

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio - hdmkv - 2019-01-16

Congrats, I have the same projector & love it. Zidoo does an excellent job w/3D (MVC MKV or ISO). But, you wouldn't be using DLNA; needs to be either SMB or NFS if you're using a network share, or if locally, an attached storage.

Just be aware that Zidoo X-series have minor issues w/supporting 23.976 exactly for 2D 1080p & 4K, so you may notice a few (~4) frame repeats in a 2-hour movie. It seems the new Z-series is immune from framerate problems, but has minor audio dropout issues. 3D MVC on both appear to be perfect.

(2019-01-16, 02:13)hdmkv Wrote: Congrats, I have the same projector & love it. Zidoo does an excellent job w/3D (MVC MKV or ISO). But, you wouldn't be using DLNA; needs to be either SMB or NFS if you're using a network share, or if locally, an attached storage.

Just be aware that Zidoo X-series have minor issues w/supporting 23.976 exactly for 2D 1080p & 4K, so you may notice a few (~4) frame repeats in a 2-hour movie. It seems the new Z-series is immune from framerate problems, but has minor audio dropout issues. 3D MVC on both appear to be perfect.
 Thanks for reply. That's awesome you have the same projector, I might be asking you for some calibration settings if that's fine with you via DM? Looks like that X10 seems better choice or are those repeatable frames very noticeable? And just found some guy selling it for 140€, but of course I'll test it before buying it.

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio - hdmkv - 2019-01-16

No player is perfect. The few repeatable frames w/X10 series are noticeable once you spot them, but not to the point of being annoying. In my case, I rely on Zidoo X9S almost solely for 3D, nVidia Shield (which is terrific w/the recent v7.2.2 update) for most everything else. Also use a cheapo AMLogic box w/CoreELEC, which is actually pretty amazing (HD & 4K HDR, refresh/resolution switching w/ease).

Re: UHD51A calibration, I'm pretty much using built-in presets.

(2019-01-16, 04:06)hdmkv Wrote: No player is perfect. The few repeatable frames w/X10 series are noticeable once you spot them, but not to the point of being annoying. In my case, I rely on Zidoo X9S almost solely for 3D, nVidia Shield (which is terrific w/the recent v7.2.2 update) for most everything else. Also use a cheapo AMLogic box w/CoreELEC, which is actually pretty amazing (HD & 4K HDR, refresh/resolution switching w/ease).

Re: UHD51A calibration, I'm pretty much using built-in presets.

Yeah, I would need something to replace that bluray player I have, so at the momment I'll need one device to play 3D and 4K HDR. Nettlix would be great, but so far haven't found the device to support all of this. I guess I'll leave bluray player for netflix and Zidoo for the rest. May I ask how noticable are those audio drops on new Z series and if you have any thoughts about Z10?

For projector I have been using callibration according to this site https://www.projectorreviews.com/optoma/optoma-uhd51a-a-smart-4k-uhd-projector-review-calibration-settings/ if you wanna try it out.

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio - teidybugi - 2019-01-18

@hdmkv If I may ask, what setting do you have for your zidoo? My projector only recognize X10 for 1.4 hdmi, but no 2.0

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio - VonMagnum - 2019-01-28

(2019-01-16, 02:13)hdmkv Wrote: Congrats, I have the same projector & love it. Zidoo does an excellent job w/3D (MVC MKV or ISO). But, you wouldn't be using DLNA; needs to be either SMB or NFS if you're using a network share, or if locally, an attached storage.

I've been told the latest firmware for the X series fixes that issue once and for all (uses the newer Z series code).  I haven't tested it, but then I don't use Zidoo for 2D (I use a Shield for that) as thus far I cannot find a way to access the main internal drive in order to send it updates from my other KODI boxes (i.e. I update one and send any changes I want to other boxes and I do not feel like scanning my library from scratch on the Zidoo).

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio - Mount81 - 2019-01-28

There's no perfect dedicated media player right now, so it' shard to choose. Zidoo is good now with cadence and banding, has a good support and a versital, reliable system and player, the Z modell does proper HDR passtrough, but has some issues with Picture Quality concerning chroma values. HiMedia has no issues with 2D cadence and banding in general, has an excellent PQ (thanks to the superb HiSilicon SOC), but the support is somewhat more unreliable, and has some minor issues (like the auto colorspace and bitdepth auto switching on UHD, and 3D MVC outputs at 24Hz). 

Shield seems also be "fine" enough, but I have read some earlier complains regarding the overall PQ being not so good, and it can't do 3D. ATV 4K seems also fine with most of the above, but HD audio is converted to lossless PCM every time (some says it's still quite equal), but that also means, that the "extra" Atmos stream data will lost (and it also can't do 3D). 

And as discovered recently, almost all current media players have issue with passing full HDR metadata to the display. Only tested and fully working exceptions yet are the HiMedia Pro, Shield and Zidoo "Z" models.

P.s.: Advised to check this sheet.

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio - teidybugi - 2019-01-29

I have Zidoo X10 for 2 weeks now and I have to say I'm really satisfied. Just when I bought it the new update came, which fix the fps problem and I haven't notice any frame drops. And it plays 3D flawlessly, 4K HDR is great too. I really like the option to download subtitles and if you set up OSD depth you can have external subtitles in 3D with zero efforts. The only thing that bothers me is if I play 3D iso with the menu is somehow using a different player with winch you can't change 3D settings and 3D is somehow weird, so I have to choose just to play the movie without the menu, that's my only complaint so far. I also like the 3D depth settings, but so far I can't decide if I would have it on 0 (more pop outs) or on 2 (a little bit more depth, 8 is the max). I have to play it with more, I want to get the same effect as on blu-ray player I was using before.