Kodi Community Forum
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio (/showthread.php?tid=221407)

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio - Immersive3d - 2019-05-05

Hi @hdmkv and all the others!
It would be a great help to me if you have some experience to my following questions! Smile

1. Is a 3D-iso movie always real 3D (frame packed), or can an 3D-iso also be a SBS or HOU?
2. Same question as 1. but for mk3d

I have a RPI3B with the latest LibreELEC (official, not milhouse build) which plays 3D-isos to my projector just fine. As soon as I start the movie the projector automatically switches to 3D mode and the picture is 3D as expected. However if I take the projector-remote and switch off the 3D function it shows me a splitted HOU view. Also if I check the 3D modes with the projector-remote I can switch between AUTO, SBS, HOU but framed-packing and frame-sequential are both greyed out and I can’t choose them!
This brings me to my question if it is possible that I have still HOU 3D-isos?
In that case I would have the wrong ISOs, because I want to experience frame-packed 3D on it.

Thank you very much in advance! Smile

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio - kaefert - 2019-05-05

I suspect your 3D ISOs contain the full-hd frame packed MVC 3D stream, but neither the raspberry pi nor any normal libreelec build can display true full-hd mvc therefore it's probably downscaled into an SBS stream for sending it out via HDMI.

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio - afedchin - 2019-05-05

(2019-05-05, 13:40)Immersive3d Wrote: 1. Is a 3D-iso movie always real 3D (frame packed), or can an 3D-iso also be a SBS or HOU?

3D-iso contains 2 video streams. the first is monoscopic video stream (for backward compatibility with old BD players) and the second one is a special stream with coded difference between base and another view. "frame packed" it's a HDMI output mode. 

(2019-05-05, 13:40)Immersive3d Wrote: 2. Same question as 1. but for mk3d
mkv (or mk3d) it's just a container. it can contain the same two streams as 3DBD or 1 vide stream combined from 2 streams (base + difference) or re-encoded to TAB or SBS video.

(2019-05-05, 13:40)Immersive3d Wrote: However if I take the projector-remote and switch off the 3D function it shows me a splitted HOU view.
It's because RPi video driver uses HOU (with 45 line space) output mode (see HDMI spec). there are a lot of possible ways to transmit stereoscopic video through HDMI and one of them called frame packed.

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio - Immersive3d - 2019-05-05

Thank you very much for your responses which have clarified a lot of things to me!
Furthermore with some research I found out now that I have to enable in kodi „full hd hdmi modes for stereoscopic 3D“
and „adjust display rate set to: „always““

Now I can choose between framepacked 1080 24hz and 1920x2205 HOU! Works like a charm now Smile thanks again!

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio - warriorsorochilu - 2019-05-17

I've setup my PC to work with my 3D TV. I can play tomb raider with amazing 3D quality. However, I downloaded a 3D ISO movies and added it to Kodi. The software views my 3D ISO file as a 2D Full HD movie. Does anyone have a solution. Tried adding the movies to Kodi on my Android Box, it still views the movie as a 2D movie. Just a few days ago, with the same file, Kodi views it as 3D on the android boxHuh?

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio - paylesspizzaman - 2019-06-18

I'm interested in purchasing a Zidoo. Probably the x9s. Somewhere I read it has issues with playing smooth when playing movies encoded with VP9. Is that issue ISO, MKV or 3D specific? I plan to only use it to play 3D movies. If it affects 3D movies, is there a list of 3D movies that are encoded with the VP9 codec? The only VP9 movie I have found in my library so far is The Dark Knight, which obviously isn't 3D.

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio - Mount81 - 2019-06-18

(2019-06-18, 10:33)paylesspizzaman Wrote: I'm interested in purchasing a Zidoo. Probably the x9s. Somewhere I read it has issues with playing smooth when playing movies encoded with VP9. Is that issue ISO, MKV or 3D specific? I plan to only use it to play 3D movies. If it affects 3D movies, is there a list of 3D movies that are encoded with the VP9 codec? The only VP9 movie I have found in my library so far is The Dark Knight, which obviously isn't 3D.
I would not think that there are or will be any 3D movies encoded in VP9.
It's mostly used by Google on YouTube, not even 2D FHD or UHD BD's would be in VP9. 
But for contents available on YT I guess you will still need it.

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio - tmihai20 - 2019-06-19

@paylesspizzaman: I have no 3D movies encoded with VP9. I did not even saw any encoded with VP9, unless they were downloaded from Youtube.

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio - Mount81 - 2019-06-19

(2019-06-19, 10:21)tmihai20 Wrote: @paylesspizzaman: I have no 3D movies encoded with VP9. I did not even saw any encoded with VP9, unless they were downloaded from Youtube.

YouTube doesn't support 3D MVC playback, so the only "3D" videos you would found there would be SBS or OU.

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio - tmihai20 - 2019-06-19

(2019-06-19, 11:20)Mount81 Wrote: YouTube doesn't support 3D MVC playback, so the only "3D" videos you would found there would be SBS or OU. 

I only meant regular movies, not 3D. I did not see any VP9 encoded regular movies and I am using H264 and H265 on mine.

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio - paylesspizzaman - 2019-06-19

Thanks for all the quick replies. I'm not sure where I got VP9 for The Dark Knight from. I just checked my mkv file again and it says VC-1. The only reason that movie stuck in my head was that it was the only Blu-ray rip I had trouble playing with a Fire Stick. The Fire TV gen 2 would barely play it. Anyhow, back on topic. I guess I'll bite the bullet and buy a Zidoo X9s just for 3d movies. I have Nvidia Shields almost everywhere already. Should I wait for some kind of promo on the Zidoo or just pay up? Any advice as to where the best place to buy from is?

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio - infinity85 - 2019-06-24

I'm wondering if the brand new raspberry Pi4B will be capalbe of doing 3D MVC Smile

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio - Mount81 - 2019-06-24

(2019-06-24, 11:39)infinity85 Wrote: I'm wondering if the brand new raspberry Pi4B will be capalbe of doing 3D MVC Smile
I would rather wonder regarding it's overall PQ, if it won't be any better than the previous, I don't think it will worth it.

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio - infinity85 - 2019-06-24

@Mount81 Don't know to what exactly you are referring, but it is OK as far as I reckon and also there is not much alternative for 3D MVC, so what's wrong with wishing for 3D MVC?

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio - Mount81 - 2019-06-24

(2019-06-24, 14:50)infinity85 Wrote: @Mount81 Don't know to what exactly you are referring, but it is OK as far as I reckon and also there is not much alternative for 3D MVC, so what's wrong with wishing for 3D MVC?
Nothing, i'm just saying Pi has not that good PQ, so i would not take that on count for my demands. We must see some tests first if it's getting any better.