Kodi Community Forum
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio (/showthread.php?tid=221407)

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio - User 309201 - 2019-12-12

(2015-03-16, 00:44)hdmkv Wrote: The Best A-list Uses of 3D:
Must-haves in green!

As I said before, I fully appreciate that a list like this is necessarily subjective, so this is purely a suggestion and not a demand Smile but perhaps you ought to include Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets in there? It's a surprisingly much better film in 3D than it is in 2D - clearly intended to be viewed that way - and for sheer visual craziness there's little to match it.

If you want an idea of what it's like, Luc Besson obviously watched Avatar and the Star Wars prequels, and said "hold my beer."

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio - hdmkv - 2019-12-13

Added, thanks. Haven't gotten around it watching 'Valerian' 3D yet.

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio - User 309201 - 2019-12-13

(2019-12-13, 01:33)hdmkv Wrote: Added, thanks.

As a "guilty pleasure" rather than as "A-list", I see. That's a little harsh. Smile It's not a great film, but it's probably better than Ghost in the Shell, or Godzilla, or Dredd.

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio - hdmkv - 2019-12-13

Had to rely on reviews to make a call. Let me just collapse the lists w/o passing judgment on content quality, only 3D video Smile.

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio - User 309201 - 2019-12-18

(2019-12-13, 16:25)hdmkv Wrote: Had to rely on reviews to make a call. Let me just collapse the lists w/o passing judgment on content quality, only 3D video Smile.
On the other hand, if you want a definitive example of a guilty-pleasure film (i.e. one that has some cool 3D visuals but pretty much no other redeeming features) you could add Space Pirate Captain Harlock to the list.

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio - teidybugi - 2019-12-19

Hi @hdmkv I've noticed you updated the list and I would just like to ask about maxCLL/Fall if there's any difference using a projector we both have (last time you had UHD51A, I'm hoping you still have it Smile ) ?

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio - User 309201 - 2020-02-03

Two other suggestions for your "recommended films" list: The Lego Movie and The Lego Batman Movie both have some seriously impressive 3D. Both are also great fun.

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio - paylesspizzaman - 2020-02-07

(2019-08-25, 15:58)hdmkv Wrote: You should email Zidoo support at [email protected] as it sounds like your Ourglass may not be registered. Zidoo requires you provide your unit’s MAC address.

Sorry, I just saw your post. Thank you for your response. I didn't receive an alert. So, the Zidoo actually has to be registered to play 3d? It seems to play 2d fine. If I flip the setting to force 3d into 2d, then I can play 3d, but the screen is green tinted and it has bars on it. Thank you for your time and any advice, good or bad. Again, original post is page 266, comment 3984.

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio - thelawnet - 2020-02-18

I kind of like the idea of a Pi4. But the 3d seems like it will never come.

I tend to play back MKV Blu-Ray rips with just the 5.1 core (I have no interest in HD audio, nor in 4k). 

Will the Pi3B+ meet my needs (3d playback from connected USB 3.5" HDD enclosure)? Otherwise I could look at the Z9s. Though it doesn't seem like the hardware's so much better than the Pi - 4xArm-53 @ 1.4GHz on both devices, albeit with 2GB RAM on the Z9s. But then I guess the Z9s has a better GPU...

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio - paylesspizzaman - 2020-02-25

Any updates on the Vero 4k player? I'm looking to buy a box for 3d mkv MVC and I'm not sure if I should buy the Zidoo Z9s or wait on the Vero 4k to get its 3d ironed out?

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio - Theetjuh - 2020-02-25

(2020-02-25, 09:21)paylesspizzaman Wrote: Any updates on the Vero 4k player? I'm looking to buy a box for 3d mkv MVC and I'm not sure if I should buy the Zidoo Z9s or wait on the Vero 4k to get its 3d ironed out?

Have a look at their forum: https://discourse.osmc.tv/t/3d-frame-packed-output/81681

Sam is busy with 4.9 kernel at the moment, when that one is released it will have the necessary bugfixes for 3D MVC as well.

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio - Sam.Nazarko - 2020-02-25

(2020-02-25, 09:21)paylesspizzaman Wrote: Any updates on the Vero 4k player? I'm looking to buy a box for 3d mkv MVC and I'm not sure if I should buy the Zidoo Z9s or wait on the Vero 4k to get its 3d ironed out?

Currently, there is an issue where 3D MVC files with an NTSC flag will not play back properly. This affects 25% of titles approximately.
There is also an issue with macroblocking on a very small number of files (such as Gravity).

We have already fixed the stuttering issue with NTSC titles for the next update, which just leaves the macroblocking issue.

We strongly suspect that the macroblocking issue is caused by a microcode issue, so we have had to engage the SoC vendor. They've told us that 3D MVC is no longer maintained, but have agreed to ticket the issue internally and investigate the macroblocking issue in the near future. The fact that 3D MVC is no longer maintained means that the kernel driver for MVC is no longer being developed: it still uses ring buffers instead of KFIFOs for example. But this shouldn't be an issue as we have already resolved all of the issues that we can with the driver and only need to rely on AML to provide us with an updated microcode that doesn't exhibit macroblocking on a small number of titles.

Our 4.9 public build will be ready soon and will feature 3D Frame Packed output which should work fluidly for almost all titles.

Cheers

Sam

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio - hdmkv - 2020-02-26

(2020-02-25, 17:04)Sam.Nazarko Wrote: We have already fixed the stuttering issue with NTSC titles for the next update, which just leaves the macroblocking issue.
Nice work Sam. Even prior to this fix, my go-to was to use Vero 4K for 3D playback (4K and most everything else), and only use Zidoo if I ran into a title Vero had a problem playing. Zidoo is a fine player, but the appeal of Vero is native Kodi playback of everything.

I'm in the midst of a move and won't have my new HT set back up until another 6-8 weeks. Then hope to resume testing, enjoying and contributing in the forums, namely here Smile.

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio - paylesspizzaman - 2020-03-02

Does anyone know which version of Windows 10 works best with the afedchin Kodi 17? I had an Intel laptop that was working fine a year ago and now doesn't go into framepacked mode. I get top/bottom. I'm assuming Windows update borked something. I was planning to start fresh with an old version of Windows 10 and try to keep it from updating.

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio - paylesspizzaman - 2020-03-09

(2020-02-07, 08:52)paylesspizzaman Wrote:
(2019-08-25, 15:58)hdmkv Wrote: You should email Zidoo support at [email protected] as it sounds like your Ourglass may not be registered. Zidoo requires you provide your unit’s MAC address.

Sorry, I just saw your post. Thank you for your response. I didn't receive an alert. So, the Zidoo actually has to be registered to play 3d? It seems to play 2d fine. If I flip the setting to force 3d into 2d, then I can play 3d, but the screen is green tinted and it has bars on it. Thank you for your time and any advice, good or bad. Again, original post is page 266, comment 3984. 

Update: I thought maybe my issue with playing 3d files with my Zidoo x9s may have been to do with it being an Ourglass unit that was flashed to Zidoo firmware. I purchased a genuine Zidoo Z9s and it did the same exact thing as the x9s. Not sure why I didn't try this before, but I decided to hook the z9s directly to the projector. That worked great, no problem playing the 3d files. I then tested the Ourglass connected directly to the projector and it worked fine too. So I'm not really sure what the issue with the equipment in between is... What is particularly strange, is that my Windows 10 PC, connected to exact same input, feeding through everything, has no problem with 3d files via Kodi. Which is what lead me to think the problem was with the Zidoo. Has anyone had trouble with their Zidoo HDMI output being weak or not liking specific equipment? I'm not sure where to go with this now. K can't leave the Zidoo connected directly, as I want sound.