Kodi Community Forum
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio (/showthread.php?tid=221407)

RE: Player Choices with Kodi + Full 3D + HD Audio - couto27 - 2015-11-10

I found something that might be very interesting for does that are having crashes in ISOs with Players Kodi/ Android ...

My prefer format is not ISO, its MKV.... I've said it before..

The ISO Finding Nemo 3D at 1h26m15 the Wetek and X6 PRO the movie movie stops, and don't go from there... it i use FF and skip that for few seconds the movie continue to play without issues.
Today i tried the same ISO Nemo 3D in the mede8er, and at same 1h26m15, there a issue/cut in the video that last 2 seconds, but the mede8er continue to play without stop..

My conclusion is that the Kodi/android platform are more premise to fail with small erros than other Media player, in this case the Mede8er.

RE: Player Choices with Kodi + Full 3D + HD Audio - hdmkv - 2015-11-10

Was the ISO a full disc rip? If so, it's likely seamless branching causing that issue. Disney is notorious for using many, many m2ts segments. If you use tsMuxeR and build a movie-only ISO, may play fine at the spot you noted.

But, ISO definitely need more horsepower to process. If not for HiMedia Q5, I'd probably just stick with MVC MKV and RPi2.

RE: Player Choices with Kodi + Full 3D + HD Audio - couto27 - 2015-11-10

It is seamless branching, was ripped DVDFAB (clone 1:1)

RE: Player Choices with Kodi + Full 3D + HD Audio - efernandejr - 2015-11-11

(2015-11-08, 00:28)hdmkv Wrote:
(2015-11-07, 23:41)efernandejr Wrote: I really like the MKV format a lot except that for my 3D titles, my media streamer (The HiMedia Quad Core Q5 4K3D) doesn't play full 3D MVCs from MKV files. Only ISO.

▲ This! For 3D, I've gone from ISO originally to MVC MKV when I had Mede8er X3D to ISO with HiMedia back to MVC MKV with Pi2, now back to ISO. LOL. I've saved all my MVC MKV's though on external hard drives so I don't have to re-rip my discs (if I change my mind again).

Bottom line is don't want to put all eggs in one basket (like doing only MVC MKV's for Pi2) as ISO's seem to have wider compatibility as far as 3D players go.

Well, I found my bottleneck. Looks like my network and q5 are fine. Turns out my Belkin Thunderbolt dock is choking my USB 3 devices by capping the drive speed at 170MB/sec instead of their actual speed of closer to 330 MB/sec. I went ahead and bought a replacement. Also, for good measure, I upgraded from Western Digital Green drives to HGST UltraStar drives. Went from 5400 RPM TO 7200 RPM

RE: Player Choices with Kodi + Full 3D + HD Audio - Stereodude - 2015-11-11

Uh, what movies / video stream do you have that's >800mbit/sec?

RE: Player Choices with Kodi + Full 3D + HD Audio - movie78 - 2015-11-11

(2015-11-11, 15:02)Stereodude Wrote: Uh, what movies / video stream do you have that's >800mbit/sec?

800mbit/sec

WOW!!!!Cool

RE: Player Choices with Kodi + Full 3D + HD Audio - schford - 2015-11-11

I have read "most" of this thread and have a question....

Currently I have all my media on my own home server (unraid) served up via Emby. I use KODI via Open Elec 6 on a chromebox for all my 2D playback and I am VERY happy with it - it integrates eeemlessly to Emby and with Titan skin has lots of eye candy, :-) For 3D Playback I use a mede8r box - which gives me flawless playback but the UI isnt as nice and it is a pain - deciding to watch a movie then seeing it is 3D and having to swap boxes.

All my 3D Movies are mvc makemkv lossless rips.

Reading the first post - I see the rasberry pi which runs Open ELEC does 3D playback seemlessly!!! But isnt as quick as the chromebox.

So I just wondered given that both chromebox and pi seem to be runnign linux - openelec is there any reason why the chromebox wont play back?

Cheers

Stuart

Chromebox could have been the ultimate media player, but i don't think there a lot of dedicated development time put towards this plays as the Raspberry Pi.

I have a feeling that Raspberry Pi get all the attention...

Just my 2 cents!!

RE: Player Choices with Kodi + Full 3D + HD Audio - Martijn - 2015-11-11

Find a developer who's interested

RE: Player Choices with Kodi + Full 3D + HD Audio - hdmkv - 2015-11-11

Chromebox doesn't have MVC h/w decoding capabilities. Since you have already have your 3D movies as MVC MKV's, just get Raspberry Pi 2. Not as fast as Chromebox, true, but as fast as Mede8er X3D for sure (actually bit faster).

The Raspberry Pi only does PCM,so movie files that has Atmos track will only play in 7.1

RE: Player Choices with Kodi + Full 3D + HD Audio - wrxtasy - 2015-11-11

And Atmos would be important to less than 1% of the Kodi users on the planet.
Lets get some perspective here !

RE: Player Choices with Kodi + Full 3D + HD Audio - schford - 2015-11-11

I am just about to stick the ceiling speakers in for Atomos / DTS HD - but what the hell just ordered a raspberry pi 2 to try it!

Seems I am doomed not to have a one box solution :-)

(2015-11-11, 18:49)wrxtasy Wrote: And Atmos would be important to less than 1% of the Kodi users on the planet.
Lets get some perspective here !

So as 3D and 4K....

(2015-11-11, 18:51)schford Wrote: I am just about to stick the ceiling speakers in for Atomos / DTS HD - but what the hell just ordered a raspberry pi 2 to try it!

Seems I am doomed not to have a one box solution :-)

Welcome to the clubLaugh