Kodi Community Forum
Release KodiDevKit: SublimeText3 plugin to support kodi skinning / scripting - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: Skin helper addons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=300)
+---- Thread: Release KodiDevKit: SublimeText3 plugin to support kodi skinning / scripting (/showthread.php?tid=221682)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: SublimeKodi: SublimeText3 plugin to help with kodi skinning / scripting - Hitcher - 2015-05-24

I've gone through it manually now anyway but thanks for cutting down the time to do this. Big Grin

RE: SublimeKodi: SublimeText3 plugin to help with kodi skinning / scripting - phil65 - 2015-05-25

(2015-05-24, 18:20)Hitcher Wrote: One thing that would be useful when checking labels would be that the label gets selected when you press enter.

Added.

RE: SublimeKodi: SublimeText3 plugin to help with kodi skinning / scripting - Hitcher - 2015-05-25

Awesome, thanks.

RE: SublimeKodi: SublimeText3 plugin to help with kodi skinning / scripting - Hitcher - 2015-05-26

Hi Phil, some labels are missed in the localisation function.

eg

Code:
<label>[COLOR 00ffffff][B]Formed:-[/B][/COLOR]$INFO[Container(100).ListItem.Property(Artist_Formed)]</label>
<label>$INFO[ListItem.Duration,, minutes]</label>
<label>3D Options</label>

Thanks.

RE: SublimeKodi: SublimeText3 plugin to help with kodi skinning / scripting - phil65 - 2015-05-26

(2015-05-26, 11:54)Hitcher Wrote: Hi Phil, some labels are missed in the localisation function.

eg

Code:
<label>[COLOR 00ffffff][B]Formed:-[/B][/COLOR]$INFO[Container(100).ListItem.Property(Artist_Formed)]</label>
<label>$INFO[ListItem.Duration,, minutes]</label>
<label>3D Options</label>

Thanks.

not sure if I will be able to catch all of them. Not as easy to do as it probably seems to be.

RE: SublimeKodi: SublimeText3 plugin to help with kodi skinning / scripting - Hitcher - 2015-05-26

Thought as much but thought I'd point them out anyway. Wink

RE: SublimeKodi: SublimeText3 plugin to help with kodi skinning / scripting - Kib - 2015-05-26

I have used sublime in the past but not this plugin, and I am struggling to get everything working.
I mainly bought Sublime because it is a great tool to debug logs and such for work so I am aware with the search / replace / multifile / xml rewrite / xslt usage of the program, but not so much with the key combinations required when using it to program.

Especially the autocompletes i see in some of the screenshots probably require a shortcut key i can't seem to find. (Eg when typing labels you can search for strings?)
I also can't have <multiimage> expand to a list of tags - it did this once but i think i lost part of my config or something after a crash i had.

I am thinking of doing a wiki page on the installation as well as usage of SublimeKodi once i figure everything out.
Could you give me some more detailed pointers ?

RE: SublimeKodi: SublimeText3 plugin to help with kodi skinning / scripting - phil65 - 2015-05-26

(2015-05-26, 15:02)Kib Wrote: I have used sublime in the past but not this plugin, and I am struggling to get everything working.
I mainly bought Sublime because it is a great tool to debug logs and such for work so I am aware with the search / replace / multifile / xml rewrite / xslt usage of the program, but not so much with the key combinations required when using it to program.

Especially the autocompletes i see in some of the screenshots probably require a shortcut key i can't seem to find. (Eg when typing labels you can search for strings?)
I also can't have <multiimage> expand to a list of tags - it did this once but i think i lost part of my config or something after a crash i had.

I am thinking of doing a wiki page on the installation as well as usage of SublimeKodi once i figure everything out.
Could you give me some more detailed pointers ?

You're perhaps confusing auto-complete with fuzzy searches in that command palette panel. I only added auto-complete stuff perhaps 2 days ago and didnt post any screenshot of it.
For command palette actions, press ctrl+shift+p, then type SublimeKodi, that should show you the available actions.

To get auto-complete workin in a correct way you should set up some user settings. The ones which are relevant for auto-completion are:
"auto_complete"
"auto_complete_commit_on_tab"
"auto_complete_cycle"
"auto_complete_delay"
"auto_complete_selector"
"auto_complete_size_limit"
"auto_complete_triggers"

Concering multiimage: if that refers to the snippet i added then you now have to type cmultiimage + <tab>. I added a "c" prefix to all control snippets (only "image", "multiimage", and "label" available atm) https://github.com/phil65/SublimeKodi/commit/00c70d17c6a972473892523183e2fbd392e10373

I could do a small workshop on next DevCon if interest is there because it is really quite a lot to cover.

RE: SublimeKodi: SublimeText3 plugin to help with kodi skinning / scripting - Kib - 2015-05-26

Thanks for that info - I now understand why i saw that imge autocompletion before but lost it now Smile

I think I can find my way around and maybe start making more noob friendly documentation for the different features.
I think the wiki is a perfect place for it.

I would love to see a feature where when starting a new label and starting to write for instance "Mus" a window would pop up with all strings from strings.xml that start like that - see the one you used on another window previously and inject it with $Localize[#number]. I understand that is not possible right now ?

I must have misinterpreted this picture:

(2015-05-26, 15:29)Kib Wrote: I would love to see a feature where when starting a new label and starting to write for instance "Mus" a window would pop up with all strings from strings.xml that start like that - see the one you used on another window previously and inject it with $Localize[#number]. I understand that is not possible right now ?

no already possible. "SublimeKodi: Search for label" from command palette. That's not what you call "auto-completion" in SublimeText though. Autocompletion is a list which appears at cursor position, like this: Image

RE: SublimeKodi: SublimeText3 plugin to help with kodi skinning / scripting - phil65 - 2015-05-27

Would stuff like this be useful?

RE: SublimeKodi: SublimeText3 plugin to help with kodi skinning / scripting - Hitcher - 2015-05-27

Extremely! Big Grin

RE: SublimeKodi: SublimeText3 plugin to help with kodi skinning / scripting - sualfred - 2015-05-27

Yep. This can be useful for static contents or fake list container.

RE: SublimeKodi: SublimeText3 plugin to help with kodi skinning / scripting - phil65 - 2015-05-27

ctrl+shift+r

RE: SublimeKodi: SublimeText3 plugin to help with kodi skinning / scripting - mikebzh44 - 2015-05-27

(2015-05-22, 17:42)mikebzh44 Wrote: Maybe that _imagimg.pyd and other .pyd files are not compiled on the fly because all the files in PIL folder are from 02APR2015 12:23

I have downloaded PILLOW 2.8.1 source, install setuptools on Python 3.3 but when I try to compile pillow, I need Visual C++ :

Code:
copying PIL\_util.py -> build\lib.win32-3.3\PIL
copying PIL\__init__.py -> build\lib.win32-3.3\PIL
copying PIL\OleFileIO-README.md -> build\lib.win32-3.3\PIL
running build_ext
building 'PIL._imaging' extension
error: Microsoft Visual C++ 10.0 is required (Unable to find vcvarsall.bat).

As I use my professionnal laptop to do this, I don't want to install too much stuff on it.

Don't know if I will be able to go further on this issue. Will hav a look on tuesday morning Wink

Visual C++ Studio 2010 installed on my professionnal laptop.
Pillow 2.8.1 build :

pyd files copied in C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 3\Packages\SublimeKodi\libs\PIL_32

But always the same error in console :

Code:
File "C:\Users\MIbertho\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 3\Packages\SublimeKodi\sublimekodi.py", line 19, in <module>
    from PIL_32 import Image
  File "C:\Users\MIbertho\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 3\Packages\SublimeKodi\libs\PIL_32\Image.py", line 63, in <module>
    from PIL import _imaging as core
ImportError: DLL load failed: %1 n’est pas une application Win32 valide.
plugins loaded

Is it normal that _imaging is imported from PIL and not from PIL32 ?

Because I have remove files from lxml and PIL folders, copy files from lxml_32 in lxml and PIL_32 in PIL then modifie sublimkodi.py and Utils.py and now all works fine Wink

EDIT : No need to download, install, compile Python33 or VC++2010.

I just download SublimKodi arch branch, remove lxml and PIL folders, rename lxml_32 and PIL32 folders, edit .py files and everything is OK

I hope you will find a way to merge arch branch with main one Wink

Thanks.