Kodi Community Forum
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Raspberry Pi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=166)
+---- Thread: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 2 (/showthread.php?tid=224025)

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 2 - Milhouse - 2015-05-05

(2015-05-04, 16:21)bluc Wrote: Argustv PVR add-on appears dead in latest build will not enable.

Seems to be working here - I'm able to enable it on a Pi2 with #0504. Check your debug log.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 2 - bluc - 2015-05-05

I have live tv enabled and the argus tv addon enabled. When I try and go to live tv I get no pvr addon as been started would you take a look at my log if you have time please.

http://xbmclogs.com/pvgtx7vsf

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 2 - Milhouse - 2015-05-05

(2015-05-05, 01:00)bluc Wrote: I have live tv enabled and the argus tv addon enabled. When I try and go to live tv I get no pvr addon as been started would you take a look at my log if you have time please.

http://xbmclogs.com/pvgtx7vsf

You're loading the pvr.vbox client:
Code:
08:53:33  16.452520 T:1752777792   DEBUG: ADDON: Dll Initializing - VBox TV Gateway PVR Client
08:53:33  16.453312 T:1752777792   DEBUG: SECTION:LoadDLL(/usr/lib/kodi/addons/pvr.vbox/pvr.vbox.so)
08:53:33  16.453615 T:1752777792   DEBUG: Loading: /usr/lib/kodi/addons/pvr.vbox/pvr.vbox.so

Presumably pvr.vbox should be disabled (new clients are, unfortunately, enabled by default) so just disable all PVR clients other than ArgusTV.

If that's not the problem, then you'll need to go back through the builds until you find the last build where ArgusTV worked as expected.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 2 - bluc - 2015-05-05

Thanks that fixed it

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 2 - illiac4 - 2015-05-05

How can addons repositories be forced refreshed on latest versions? If you select update addons it does not do anything. There should be at least some feedback.

You might want to post in the OS independent section, or feature requests... the lack of feedback isn't a bug, although it's not a particularly new issue either.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 2 - PhilE - 2015-05-05

Can anyone who has tried the new "bcm2835-sdhost" driver (an alternative to bcm2835-mmc, selectable by adding "dtoverlay=sdhost" to config.txt) spare a moment to share their findings? As the author, I'm particularly interested in problems - stability or performance - but positive reports are also useful to build up a complete picture.

RPi model, card model and size, and in the case of instability any additional information (especially output from dmesg) would be very helpful.

If you are tempted to give it a try, please backup your data or use a card you don't care about - this is very much a beta release.

Thanks in advance.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 2 - OurJermain - 2015-05-05

I'm using the new driver. RP2. 32gb class 10 card. No Overclock.

I have no problems, everything is working as it should.

Thanks - what make of card is that?

(2015-05-05, 14:25)PhilE Wrote: Can anyone who has tried the new "bcm2835-sdhost" driver (an alternative to bcm2835-mmc, selectable by adding "dtoverlay=sdhost" to config.txt) spare a moment to share their findings? As the author, I'm particularly interested in problems - stability or performance - but positive reports are also useful to build up a complete picture.

I don't think we've had any reports of problems with the bcm2835-sdhost driver - all has been good so far, from those that reported their findings. There is/was a problem with the old driver on the Pi1 (ie. when not using dtoverlay=sdhost) after the introduction of the sdhost driver - some kernel warnings/asserts causing a performance problem, and which popcornmix has now silenced.

You might want to read from here onwards for the complete picture so far.

And many thanks for your contributions!

@Heiko123 amd @rbej both reported instability with the new driver, which is why I was hoping for more information.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 2 - allan87 - 2015-05-05

This is probably a coincidence, but in case it isn't:

My MyBookLive drive was hosed the first time I used it with my new raspberry pi 2, running Milhouse May 1.

Detail: I received and set up the new pi 2, initially with 5.0.8 and then upgraded to Milhouse May 1. I also copied over my old .kodi folder to the new SD card. Everything seemed fine, except when I tried to play back movies (I was just playing with it to evaluate the performance bump), some movies stalled or failed to play and stalled the pi. Eventually, nothing played back. Now I can't connect to the MyBookLive with anything, and the MyBookLive web interface reports that it has no data.

Pi was connecting over NFS, and has worked great for years.

Is it even possible that the openelec build could be implicated?

(2015-05-05, 14:58)PhilE Wrote: @Heiko123 amd @rbej both reported instability with the new driver, which is why I was hoping for more information.

Yes, you're right I'd forgotten those reports. Smile

Although looking at them again, with @rbej it's really not clear what is causing the freezes (lack of information), and after reviewing @Heiko123's logs it seems to be more network related (MySQL errors, smb errors) - there was a request to check dmesg, but no further feedback on that issue. There's a crashlog, but too little information to know the cause - if @Heiko123 continues to experience crashes I can upload a debug enabled build. Although if reverting back to non-sdhost fixes all of these issues then I guess it's fair to say it's SD driver related.

(2015-05-05, 17:22)allan87 Wrote: Now I can't connect to the MyBookLive with anything, and the MyBookLive web interface reports that it has no data.

Pi was connecting over NFS, and has worked great for years.

It's difficult to see how OpenELEC could harm the MyBookLive if the Pi2 only connected to the MyBookLive over the network using NFS. Of course OpenELEC could delete all the data (ie. rogue code) and depending on how NFS is configured, but this seems a little unlikely.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 2 - allan87 - 2015-05-05

I agree it doesn't seem likely to have caused the problem, it's just the timing is so odd.

The issue, by the way, is not deletion. There appears to be serious disk corruption on the mybooklive. No previous sign of any problem.