Kodi Community Forum
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Raspberry Pi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=166)
+---- Thread: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 2 (/showthread.php?tid=224025)

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 2 - popcornmix - 2015-04-12

(2015-04-12, 21:05)cncb Wrote: I will have to try it but it sounds like using passthrough could explain why it might be slightly off (a/v "resync" is not performed)? Ideally, it would be best if I wouldn't need to enable this for smooth playback in DVDPlayer (like I don't have to for OMXPlayer).

Passthough disabled "resample audio" and falls back to drop/duplicate. This means you can only get sync to within 1 audio frame. That is 32ms (I believe) for AC3 which should be hard to detect.
If you enable "PLL adjust" as the sync method, then that error will be corrected, even with passthrough (although it can cause ausio dropouts with some receivers).

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 2 - cncb - 2015-04-12

(2015-04-12, 21:44)popcornmix Wrote: If you enable "PLL adjust" as the sync method, then that error will be corrected, even with passthrough (although it can cause ausio dropouts with some receivers).

I will try the PLL adjust method. Thanks for your help.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 2 - Milhouse - 2015-04-12

New OpenELEC Isengard build #0412: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.19.3 #1 Sun Apr 12 21:23:12 BST 2015 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Apr 11 2015 17:37:07
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 311b05fb4e33655a083a6f65b645e6a14e322803 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20150412212221-#0412-g6dcc19b [Build #0412]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
001528.683: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (6dcc19b3, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (d913fd5f, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. DTS timestamp handling change
  2. Start epg container asynchronously - should result in faster resumption of last channel
Build Details:
  1. XBMC:
    • [FileUtils] add library://music path (PR:6931, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • ADD: [droid;aml+rk] specific aml and rk egl windowing for droid; allows framerate autoswitch (PR:6233, 3 commits, 8 files changed)
    • FIX: [egl;font] assert if cache texture was not created (PR:6873, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [skin] Updated re-Touched (d913fd5f)
  2. newclock4:
    • New commits in this build:
      • [mmalrenderer] squash: logging (eaa4bce5)
      • [players] Make use of new scheme to submit DTS timestamps (dea801ac)
      • AE: flush resampler when flushing buffers (95449974)
    • Commits no longer in build:
      • Avoid breaking skins comparing System.StereoscopicMode after 6345. (1470b464)
  3. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: PR:6937: [epg] start epg container asynchronously

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 2 - noggin - 2015-04-12

(2015-04-12, 17:48)dunghnguyen Wrote: no time to test 0411 but this time @Milhouse had added the codec of DTS HD MA, anyone test this? Tks.
It's been in there for a little while now I think - so quite a lot earlier than 0411. I've tested it on a couple of 48kHz DTS-HD MA files and it worked for me - I got multichannel PCM output that sounded pretty good (and the on-screen display in Kodi indicated DTS-HD MA decoding). It's a great development for Kodi (as I imagine other PCM multichannel devices that don't have HD Audio bitstreaming functionality will also benefit)

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 2 - popcornmix - 2015-04-13

@MONSTA please test latest build with your stuttery VC-1 samples.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 2 - davidmtml - 2015-04-13

Hey guys. I haven't been around for a while, but just updated for. A September 2014 14.x build to the most recent build on this thread,and am having a few issues. Again, I haven't been keeping up on here, so I apologize if any of these issues have been discussed before.

1. If "adjust display refresh rate" is on, I am unable to control nothing via my remote or Yatse. The only way I can get out is to SSH in and do a reboot, or pull the plug. Also, if I incorporate a delay in this setting, the video only goes to a black screen and never starts.

2. I've got a small keyboard.xml file that enables me to have an info and context menu buttons on my TV remote. After the update, the keyboard.xml file is still in place, but doesn't appear to be working.

Any advice?

Thank you!!

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 2 - Milhouse - 2015-04-13

@davidmtml: Try an official OpenELEC 5.0.8 release and see if you have the same problems, as this would rule out any changes specific to these test builds.

When upgrading to a major new version (ie. Kodi 14.x -> Kodi 15.x) and experiencing weird behaviour, remove guisettings.xml in case an old setting is causing a conflict with the new build.

If the above fails, rename .kodi to .kodi.bak and start with a completely clean/empty .kodi folder - it will be automatically recreated on next boot.

If you continue to have problems, a debug log (wiki) is required.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 2 - davidmtml - 2015-04-13

(2015-04-13, 02:10)Milhouse Wrote: @davidmtml: Try an official OpenELEC 5.0.8 release and see if you have the same problems, as this would rule out any changes specific to these test builds.

When upgrading to a major new version (ie. Kodi 14.x -> Kodi 15.x) and experiencing weird behaviour, remove guisettings.xml in case an old setting is causing a conflict with the new build.

If the above fails, rename .kodi to .kodi.bak and start with a completely clean/empty .kodi folder - it will be automatically recreated on next boot.

If you continue to have problems, a debug log (wiki) is required.

Installing a fresh version of 5.0.8 did it. Tried the other two first with no success, but everything is working as normal now! Thanks!

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 2 - MONSTA - 2015-04-13

(2015-04-13, 00:17)popcornmix Wrote: @MONSTA please test latest build with your stuttery VC-1 samples.

Everything is fine now, nice job.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 2 - tija - 2015-04-13

Hi,

I just wanted to bring up my question from the old thread.

Is there any chance to have anaglyph output back on RPI?

Thanks,
Tilo

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 2 - da-anda - 2015-04-13

(2015-04-13, 10:16)tija Wrote: Is there any chance to have anaglyph output back on RPI?
@popcornmix - I second this request - not for private use but it was pretty helpful on LinuxTAG (exhibition / event) to demo 3D support in Kodi with the cheap ass non-3D screens whe got provided. So if it's not too much work it'll be awesome to get back.
Line-interlaced 3D for passive TVs would also be awesome to have, but that's harder to implement from what I recall from your previous answers (in this I'd personally be interested in Smile ) .

Btw - did my Debug Log give any hint on why in my case 3D mode is triggered again when seeking in 2D mode?

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 2 - bluc - 2015-04-13

(2015-04-12, 12:33)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-04-12, 12:27)bluc Wrote: Trying to watch 3d mvc but they will only play in 2d what settings do I need for 3d playback? and do mvc 3d videos need something in filename to make them work? thanks in advance.

Yes. Either bring up video OSD and set the 3d mode to SBS, or include a 3d tag in the filename (e.g. ".3D.SBS.")

I have added to my filenames".3D.HSBS" but 3d does not start automatically. If I go into video setting and set 3d format to SBS and apply it as default for all video then 3d plays normally but it also tries to play 2d in 3d any ideas?

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 2 - popcornmix - 2015-04-13

(2015-04-13, 13:05)bluc Wrote: I have added to my filenames".3D.HSBS" but 3d does not start automatically. If I go into video setting and set 3d format to SBS and apply it as default for all video then 3d plays normally but it also tries to play 2d in 3d any ideas?

Well you certainly don't want to apply it as default for all videos - that makes no sense - your videos are not all 3D SBS.
It will remember the setting for each video, so just set 3D format to SBS and it will remember for that video.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 2 - hdmkv - 2015-04-13

Just wanted to mention I tried build #0412 yesterday (was away for a week) & MPEG2 is much improved. I had stutter with a couple of 1080i live OTA ATSC stations; now plays noticeably smoother, but still stutters a tad. Not consistent though as changing channels or exiting HDHomeRun add-on I'm using & restarting it seems to fix the issue.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 2 - MrMagic - 2015-04-13

(2015-04-12, 16:32)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-04-12, 15:54)MrMagic Wrote: Would this be enough to get BD-J support working?

I've absolutely no idea, I'm afraid. You probably want to continue discussion in the OpenELEC forum.
Ok, thanks. I thought I'd ask here because the developers in this forum seem to be a lot more responsive than on the OE forums Smile

Maybe I'll give their chat channel a try.